• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2B(1) now released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Some Loose Idea(s):

Overload: damage spells deal 20% more damage but Psion takes increased damage. Dunno whether to make it passive or add it to a spell. Maybe to distracting weapon.

Speed Casting: adds a chance when using twisting metal or bursting touch to instantly reset its cooldown.

Nova (dunno about a proper name): Bursting touch is now a non-target spell which hits 360• around the Psion. Now it also slows, makes enemies vulnerable or whatever is fitting.

Consolidating Arms also encourages melee psions.

Consolidating Arms: Now Liquified Arms also adds its effect as a bonus to allies. The three next attacks are increased by x y & z.

Breaking the unbreakable: Psion damage spells now have a chance of putting on the 'crumbling resistances' debuff on hit enemies. This effect stacks 5 times and adds 8% decrease per tick for a total of -40%. Certain enemies cannot have one or more types of resistances decreased

Charged Blade: When psionic blade is at its maximum charge standard attacks have a small chance to fire a Bursting Touch on the target for no cost. Levitated Psions instead have a small chance to put mind lash on the target.

A note on the some of the ideas:
Nova could be a good way to encourage a melee psion to move around more. In large fights, placing oneself in the middle of everything and then using the 360burst will deal a lot of damage.

I hope and suspect that resistances will play a more prominent role in the coming content. Also I think it's interesting if a mob has high resistances they can be reduced and thus bypassed by damage spells of its element.

Last edited:
Level 8
Focused Mind Lash: Mind Lash will now prioritize bouncing to a unit that has been physically hit in the last 3sec.

Great suggestions Jom as usual but lets not go for stuff like speed casting. Don't you think gaias should move away from cooldown resets in general? It completely trivializes good timing and spell rotations. I think simply reducing cooldowns is a better design.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Glad you like them Demon. Here is one more:

Empowered Imitation: for every spell used by the Psion there is a chance it will add the 'Empowered' buff to the Psion for 6 seconds. This increases the effect of the next psionic blade-acquired ability cast by +50% regardless of type. The buff is consumed in the process.

This talent would be interesting since it enhances the class no matter which psiblade ability is currently in use: healing = extra heal, damage = extra dmg, taunt = longer duration, etc.

Last edited:
Level 7
Lots of great changes.

Someone should create a comic about the adventures of that Anvil. First it went for a trip through time and space, and now it took a vacation to an alternate dimension. I wonder what it has been up to!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Lots of great changes.

Someone should create a comic about the adventures of that Anvil. First it went for a trip through time and space, and now it took a vacation to an alternate dimension. I wonder what it has been up to!
The anvil is actually Gaia in disguised form. She's here to monitor your progress!

Level 8
Is there no way we can convince you to lock the weather to a region instead of randomly changing it? Weather changes create lag spikes.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Demon/Kamina and I keep getting dc on gamestart. I tried hosting with bot once and he tried 3 times. Same result every time.

I suspect it has something to do with the extension pack.

EDIT: Conclusion: Do not change extension pack files while within the game. It doesn't matter whether you are inside a hosted game or waiting in the lobby. Exit Warcraft 3 THEN mess with the files and finally run Warcraft 3. Failure to do so can result in DCs probably due to some error in WC3.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Cool Zwieb. Thanks for your dedication as always. By the way, unless some game breaking bugs persist I think you should focus solely on the new content now as bugs will appear with the new content anyway as player testing usually shows in every game including Gaias. Your creativity and innovation in Wc3 is peerless in my opinion and seeing more of it will bring much enjoyment to the community. I realise that you probably already know this, but just putting it out here for encouragement.

Level 8
Yeah we'll keep posting bugs but more as a sort of archive, and to let people know that these bugs are known and will be addressed at *some* point in the future or has a certain workaround. I did play a 13 hour gaias game with 3 players on the latest upload so I think we're good for now. Any rare crashes/desyncs/weirdbuffissues we'll just deal with it - the game is entirely playable.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Yeah we'll keep posting bugs but more as a sort of archive, and to let people know that these bugs are known and will be addressed at *some* point in the future or has a certain workaround. I did play a 13 hour gaias game with 3 players on the latest upload so I think we're good for now. Any rare crashes/desyncs/weirdbuffissues we'll just deal with it - the game is entirely playable.

The thing is... every new content will always introduce new bugs. It's always good to sort previous bugs out before you move on. I wouldn't have cared for another iteration if it weren't for the desyncs. This is a major thing i really want to adress before concentrating on new content.

Last edited:
Level 8
Hmm. I understand. You don't want the current bugs to compound into bigger harder-to-identify issues in the future.

I guess we'll just have to urge the community to post every replay where a desync occurs (with a timestamp).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I can see why that looks frustrating for you guys; seeing new version pop up every week but with no real new content.
And believe me; it's equally as frustrating to me, because due to all the changes in 1.2A and B in the game mechanics that make a lot of stuff much faster to prototype for me, making new content actually only takes a fraction of the time investment that I put into squashing bugs. Just look at the huge bug list between 1.2B(4) and (5) alone. Almost two weeks of work went into that.
Like, for example, fixing the fatal error bug alone took me a whole day.

Making a new spell on the other hand (or a boss mechanic) takes like an hour or two, at most. Depending on the complexity of the spell (Ashes to Ashes is probably the most complex spell in the game, followed by crucify which has a lot of trigonometry going on).

Level 8
Doesn't anyone else feel hexblade's threat is still just too desperately low? Her ability to gain threat apart from her spells (which really doesn't give a whole lot anyway) is practically nonexistent. If you choose to wear physical deeps gear to try and remedy that situation, her spells simply fall off. Considering crusader has celestial zeal+heroic presence and monk has steel body + crippling curse, there's just too large of a discrepency between threat generation of those two tanks against hex. Hexblade is going to be largely unpicked in the future once the mystic hype has died down I believe.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Doesn't anyone else feel hexblade's threat is still just too desperately low? Her ability to gain threat apart from her spells (which really doesn't give a whole lot anyway) is practically nonexistent. If you choose to wear physical deeps gear to try and remedy that situation, her spells simply fall off. Considering crusader has celestial zeal+heroic presence and monk has steel body + crippling curse, there's just too large of a discrepency between threat generation of those two tanks against hex. Hexblade is going to be largely unpicked in the future once the mystic hype has died down I believe.
It works, for now.
There will be more spells and more talents in the future that can rectify this problem. Just like the bard didn't feel bardy before the addition of further advanced class spells back in 1.1 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.