• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aliens ?

Do aliens Exist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
You didn't put an "I don't care" option.

It's probable that there are other beings, but does it affect my life much? Not really.

Not unless they decide to kill us, but even then I'm going to be dead so it doesn't concern me much.

It will affect you.

You didn't put an "I don't care" option.

It's probable that there are other beings, but does it affect my life much? Not really.

Not unless they decide to kill us, but even then I'm going to be dead so it doesn't concern me much.

If there are other beings, eventuality we will meet them and they will war whit us or trade whit us.
If they war whit us you will not die instantly, you will fight first...
If they trade whit us, you will most likely use the new technology they will give us if they have any.
If they don't they will have something to give us...
So no matter what it will affect you.

Level 13
I do believe that there is life out there but I doubt it has actually reached us yet.

Also inb4 Borg/Tyranids/Zerg/Xenomorphs eat/assimilate/Facehug us all, just for kicks.

Level 17
for some reason I have an irrational fear of aliens...sometimes when I'm in bed at night trying to sleep and my thoughts suddenly drift towards aliens, I'm starting to get scared...what the feck?!
I get that feeling too sometimes. D:

Level 27
for some reason I have an irrational fear of aliens...sometimes when I'm in bed at night trying to sleep and my thoughts suddenly drift towards aliens, I'm starting to get scared...what the feck?!
Try drowning it out with a more realistic, but less likely fear.
Or more likely, but less realistic, depending on how you look at it.

What I mean is, you were afraid of cockroaches right?
Imagine a bunch of cockroaches teaming up to form a giant monster, which is more realistic than aliens coming to abduct you, since cockroaches are real. But it is also very unlikely, as cockroaches are not that smart and would probably never end up doing that.

I hope that helps? :x

Level 34
If there are lifeforms out there, I hope they are nice D:

Because we don't like:

Lifesize-Alien-Prop.jpg

mars_attacks.jpg

_39568497_thatcher203.jpg

ET%202.jpg

id4newyork.jpg

Or other evil examples..

If they can't teleport, there is no chance that we'll ever meet a alien, since our telecopes can reach more than 40.000 lightyears out in the universe, and never have seen anything that have the propper conditions for life, execpt the earth and mars. [40.000 lightyears = 40.000 years of travel with the speed of light :p] and the universe its constantly growing.

Level 13
I think I've seen one... 2 years ago during lunch, we were playing football, when I saw something glimmering in the sky. I stopped for as few minutes, and once the glare stopped, I could see it was a large silver blimp-like object. It looked like it was moving about the speed of a blimp, then it took off at high speeds upwards at what must have been 70 degree angel, until I lost it in the blue.

Level 35
I beleive that aliens exist. But the universe is so friggin big, that humanity might not even have the chance to meet aliens. Civilizations and races come and go in seconds compared to the ethernal existence of the universe. There's a chance that even if we meet aliens, humans will not be able to see/hear/touch them, therefore we might not even notice them. Or even if we discover a micro-organism and bring it to the Earth's surface, it might get into a reaction with the air and poison the entire Earth in seconds. There are a lot of theories.

Level 13
What if we instead find an identical alien race to us, having exactly the same technology as us during that time. They would even look the same and have the same history. Would we just say "Bleh screw this" and search on for another alien race?

Level 35
What if we instead find an identical alien race to us, having exactly the same technology as us during that time. They would even look the same and have the same history. Would we just say "Bleh screw this" and search on for another alien race?

No way. The mystic that we could feel when finding an alien race (even if they are the same tech and outlook as us) would prevent humanity from don't giving a damn about them (since we could never know what they're capable of) they'd study them if we have same origins, how we got seperated, how come we have the same history blablah. I think even if humans found only a micro-orgasm on a different planet, they'd study it for years and it would be one of the biggest sensations of history.

Level 14
If there are other beings, eventuality we will meet them and they will war whit us or trade whit us.
If they war whit us you will not die instantly, you will fight first...
If they trade whit us, you will most likely use the new technology they will give us if they have any.
If they don't they will have something to give us...
So no matter what it will affect you.

1.) Apparently you can't take a joke.
2.) Uhm. No. Ever seen Independence Day? Lots of people did die instantly. Anyway, there's no way to know what will happen. Sorry for hoping that it'll be a swift and moderately painless death.
3.) I tend to prefer these kind of aliens:

David-Bowie---Aladdin-Sane-Poster-C10034689.jpeg

david_bowie.jpg

Level 11

This guy is pretty nice, isn't he?

I've read that there is some guy that thinks that the chances of creatures like us, consisting of several specialized cells, would evolve on a planet that is almost exactly like the planet Earth, are 1 in 10.000. He also says that he thinks that the chances of simple life forms, bacteria with one single cell, would develop on a planet like Earth would be 1 in 10.

Han Solo said:
Never tell me the odds!

But how can he make that assumption? This is bullshit: There is intelligent life outside our own solar system, and it is up to us to find it!

Level 7
Actually I picked the "i don't know" option by some kind of mistake :p

I somehow think that there is life on other planets. But since all of them is so far away there is no chance we'll ever meet it.
But I still like to think about could(!) afflict our lives :grin:

Level 9
There has to be some sort of life somewhere out there, but it's definitely not something with two eyes, a mouth and a nose between. If has similar features as anything on earth, it evolved here (so most movie aliens are out). Also, they're not always going to be crazily advanced and want to blow us up or enslave us... actually, we'll probably find some alien race in the future, and enslave them instead.

The problem with looking for life, is that we've look for life EXACTLY the same as ours, with a nice warm environment. But recently they've found that there might be life on Europa, a frozen moon of Jupiter, living in the giant lakes under the ice. If there is life there, its most likely single-celled-ish creatures like the ones that live in Antarctica.

Level 12
Yeah, there is life outside our galaxy. Definitely.

But to believe that the aliens cut out circles in our crops, jump on our rooftops or come to earth to hang out....nah. If they were intelligent enough to master space travel so well, we would be dull and uninteresting to them, so they would either look for more interesting specimens, or blast us all away.

In my opinion, it's idiotic to believe that Earth is the only planet throughout the entire universe with living breathing organisms on it. Though the beliefs that they have been to Earth are quite laughable. Also, there is no absolute proof that they are extremely intelligent and even have the technology to get near Earth. Even if they could there is no proof that they would start damaging our food (crop circles) or attack us as refered by 'sci-fi-movies'. That's my opinion at least.

Level 45
I think I've seen one... 2 years ago during lunch, we were playing football, when I saw something glimmering in the sky. I stopped for as few minutes, and once the glare stopped, I could see it was a large silver blimp-like object. It looked like it was moving about the speed of a blimp, then it took off at high speeds upwards at what must have been 70 degree angel, until I lost it in the blue.
exactly as what i saw except mine was on fire and when it zoomed off at highspeed into the sky suddenly it left a fiery ribbon trail.

Level 27
If they were intelligent enough to master space travel so well, we would be dull and uninteresting to them
When we master space travel, we would get instantly bored with life on other planets?
so they would either look for more interesting specimens, or blast us all away.
As we would do in that situation?

The way I see it, if they can get all the way to space travel, there will be a few givens:
  • They have curiosity.
  • They have philosophy.
They would ponder the difference between themselves and the rest of the other stupid animals, and would reach the same conclusion that our brains are mostly what set us apart. They would see us as we see them: intelligent beings that have the ever so important mind that is murder to kill.

Level 14
Nothing anyone can say will be exactly right. Or at least it's doubtful that it will be.

I tend to prefer the Babylon 5 way of things.

1.) Not only would we not know their language
2.) We wouldn't know their culture.

In the show, a war starts because of the lack of knowledge of culture between races.

IF aliens are real, and IF we ever make contact (or they make contact) communication will be impossible, unless through other means like lights or "random" sounds (Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind) and then we have to learn their culture, and them ours.

Level 24
Statistically speaking, if the universe is infinite the chance of humans not being the only life in the entire universe is 1. The chances of humans ever meeting that other life is probably outrageously low.

Level 9
What if on the other side of the universe, a planet much like ours exist. Similar ecosystems, atmosphere and everything. On that planet, humans are just starting out in their stone age. In another part of the universe, in some unknown galaxy exists another human society that is way more advanced than ours.

I remember there was an article on how the human bone contains a form of carbon dioxide that does not exist on earth, but only in space and other planets.

Could we be descendants of an alien expedition?

Adam and Eve? The first two people to colonize on Earth. Is this making sense to anyone?

Level 24
Yes, and the aliens sent a big voice in the sky to Earth during a rather unspecial period of time just to make sure we knew that.

Also, if human bones contain some form or another of carbon that does not naturally occur in the Earth, it is probably affected by the infinite chemical processes that result in life.

Level 2
links with the 2012 mayan prohpecy, 2012 will be true, as there is a solar eclipse in decemeber 2012!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Level 5

Video description:

The reply to a message we sent into deep space in 1974 and the message for mankind that came a year to the day after receiving the reply. Inform yourself or stay in the dark......it is your choice. .
Beware of the bearers of false gifts and broken promises.
Much pain but there is still time
Believe
There is still good out there
We oppose the decievers
Conduit is closing
Category: News & Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.