• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
about urs? hm, a good idea, eh, but it looks too, eh, boring
there is no real action in it, anyway good job on it

paladons is neat, looks good, but it doesnt rly surprise me ^^
if the damage is fixed i will vote for it

the arrow is nice, even that it doesnt look to exciting, the skill has a lott of action in itself, needing a lot of skill to use and it is a good spell to implement in a map

another spells?

Level 24
now here it is:

Learn The tenth Art

The Caster runs towards the target, fading out of sight.
Then, after he completely vanished, eight illusions are created in a circle around the target to confuse the enemy, attacking him. When striking at the target illusions vanish.
The Caster hides under those illusions and when he attacks the spell ends and additional damage is dealt equal to the Level of Tenth Art x 75. Additionally confuses the target for 10 seconds, adding a miss chance, a slow and silencing it. Effect increases with Level. After the spell is finished there is a 33% chance to trigger of a battlefury that increases move- and attackspeed of the caster.

Spell Range - 1500
manacost - 50 at every level
cooldown - 10 at every level

v1.00
first release
v1.01
-changed everything to dummies, removed the disable user control part
-better camera use
-fixed some bugs occuring if the target unit died
-fixed some issues concerning the damage
v1.02
-commented
-tidied it up (was a bit messy to look at)
-added import info
-added more info
v1.03
-fixed a bug with dummies unable to attack...
v.1.04
-again fixed the trigger couse of a mistake... (final version)
v1.05
-added other visual effects
-added the option to add a battlefury or whatever spell to the caster
v1.06
-changed the special effect of mental rage
-fixed a bug concerning weu
-improved the spell to remove negative buffs now, like mirror image
v1.07
-made illusions invulnerable in addition to prevent them from being effected by warstomp and such non-target spells
-overworked the tooltip and highlighted the main data
-made illusions deal damage on vanishing
- improved testmap

Last edited:
Level 12
Darn, this time I had the idea but not the time :D

Nevermind I will finish the spell in a mount or two, I like the idea too much to waste it.

In the mean time: The Subways - Rock n Roll Queen

Have fun. Luck has nothing to do with spell making. Winning is not everything.

Level 10
Submission

My submission:

Illusion Split
46082d1232542884-spells-systems-mini-contest-17-illusion-split.jpg

Give chance to splitting into five illusion when attacked. Caster is Invisible but can't attack when active. When illusion is attacked, it will dealing damage to attacking unit. Illusion will die after attacked 4-5 times. When nobody attack illusion, after few times, disappear. When all illusion have killed, caster bak to normal.

Level 1 - Have 2.5% chance. Deal 75 damage and 0.5 second stun to illusion attacker.
Level 2 - Have 5% chance. Deal 125 damage and 1 second stun to illusion attacker.
Level 3 - Have 7.5% chance. Deal 100 damage and 1.5 second stun to illusion attacker.
Level 4 - Have 10% chance. Deal 125 damage and 2 second stun to illusion attacker.

Disappear after 5 second idle times.

P.S: This is Passive Spell

Attachments

• Illusion-Split.jpg
    Illusion-Split.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 142
  • S&SMC#17_Illusion_Split.w3x
    64.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 24
@Palaslayer

You need to work on how the spell triggers

Fix the excecution. The spell looks fine untill all those mirrior images. Please make them go closer to the target and looks silly when the targeted unit gets stunned :x

illus are removed when one of them strikes @ the target, otherwise there would be another trigger and another bug chance

believe me, i tried to find the best way to make it work fine

Level 17
Ok guys, due to problems with my computer I am forced to quit the contest...
I was nearly finished with my spell. I have made the script with nearly 500 lines, put all documentation in, made the spell tooltip look awesome and fixed all the bugs which I could find left. Then I saved the file and ... oh mai gawd whatz that?! Damn ... the editor crashes ... ok, lets hope I could save that shit ... ok, opening the editor ... - Editor opened - ok, now opening the file ... wait ... what the hell? Where is the file?! It is not where it was before! DAMN ... Let's use the search assisent ... - Search Assistent - okay let's hope it is not gone ... [15 minutes later] - No files like this could be found - WHOOOOAAATTT???!!!!!11one
I am really not going to make it again or create a new one in the last 2 days -.-
I will save my ideas for the next spell contest or my Spellpack then ...
But it is only an advantage for you - you lost hard rivalry ;P xD
Okay ... ~ xxdingo93xx

Edit:
Good that my friends are not as stupid as I am xD
Found a earlier saved version in the backup folder of my NewGen WE folder ... I DO NOT QUIT!!!!! ILL PWN YOU ALL ZOMG ROFL LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :)

Level 30
Ladies and gentlemen, my final entry:

Rockfall
140841-albums879-picture8035.jpg

Summons dangerous rocks into the air, attempting to crush down your unsuspecting enemies with them. Rocks may split into splinters dealing one third of the original damage.
Level 1 - 4 Rocks dealing 10-15 damage each.
Level 2 - 8 Rocks dealing 10-30 damage each.
Level 3 - 12 Rocks dealing 10-45 damage each.

Attachments

• Rockfall.JPG
    Rockfall.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 466
  • Rockfall S&SMC #17.w3x
    66.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Level 23
Oooo, Paladon, that looks amazing... The fade in and out effects are genious and very smooth =).

The spell would be happy with a preloading feature since it does lag the first time you use the spell. Otherwise, it rocks;)

Great, now I can use my present idea^^

Level 23
@ Reborn Devil, yours are nice too, but it would be much sweeter if you added fading when they die, like Paladon's. I somehow doesnt like the effect now^

@ Mage_Goo, please, fix the issue:/ It is not openable in world editor and crashes it.

@ Palaslayer, great, a pretty neat idea. But could you fix the error given upon opening the map? It does not shut down we though, but it returns an error... maybe you have used world editor unlimited? Another improvement I would like is the tooptip... Its way too long.

@ Dynasty, I've already said what I think about yours. Its truly awesome:p Possible imrovements, the tooltip. Nothing more to add (but the globals are somehow complex)

Edit:

@ Scorpion: Its neat, but I found that the cryptlord was attacked even though he was in the air. The tooltip was ok, mixed basic one with some more descriptions...

@ Berzeker: Its alittle complex:p Alot of "secondary effects" and such, which is ofcourse good since its a surprise spell, but dont add more;)

Level 24
@ Palaslayer, great, a pretty neat idea. But could you fix the error given upon opening the map? It does not shut down we though, but it returns an error... maybe you have used world editor unlimited? Another improvement I would like is the tooptip... Its way too long.

hm, i used weu, why is that a problem and what do i have to do to fix it?

hm, i will see to that and add more colours that highlight the main issues
thx for the rep :)

nice test map paladon

Level 23
Weu is too old and not up to date, thus resulting incompability with the newer pacthes, and when opening it with JassNewGenPack or standard World Editor it gives an error due to the custom native/function list which weu has.

It did work alright in game, this time... But it could happend that it crashes next time.

Level 22
Those who have looked at my spell probably saw that the description said that the spell would knock nearby units away. That part was removed because of bugs, but I didn't update the tooltip. I'm trying to fix it now.

Level 10
uhm, i think I'm out from this contest. :sad:
reason:
1. My Warcraft has been uninstalled from my computer.:cry:(by my old brother)
2. Spell issue, i still don't know what make it.:bored: it work fine and open able from my WE (installed JNGP and UMSWE)

and that's all. sorry for the issue. :con:
and I'm out from this contest.:sad:

Level 13
Woops, used perma invis and forgott to use a "new" version of it, changed the original one... -.- -> Update:

Dark Rift
[Target]: Point/Area
[Casting Time]: Instant
[Duration]: 10 Seconds
[Description]: The Voidwalker evokes a dark invisible rift.
The rift will suck out the energy of all enemys that try to leave it, applying several effects depending on the time they stayed in it.
[1-1.9 Seconds]: The dark energy aims on the legs of his victim, slowing him by 30%.
[2-4.9 Seconds]: Realising a painfull power, the rift catches the the enemy and stuns him.
[5-9.9 Seconds]: The rift hungers for blood, stunning his victim to stay next to him and dealing damage.
[10 Seconds]: Torturing his victim isn't enough anymore and the rift tries to kill it, stunning him a long time and dealing a lot of damage.

Attachments

• Spells & Systems Contest #17 Justify.w3x
    57.8 KB · Views: 113
Level 17
Ok, due to the fact that my spell wasn't MUI and was needing an Indexing System,
I would be forced to overwrite 500 lines of code. Seriously, I don't want to do that in 2 hours. No time, no will anymore. My damn spell costs me the whole day and I don't want
to waste my time in this stupid not-working spell anymore.
Maybe I will enter the next spell contest with better knowledge ...
What I want to say with that is that I quit this contest. :/ Besides that, I wouldn't call my spell a 'burner', I would GUESS to be second or third place. But whatever!
Good Luck for the remaining challangers!

Level 18
Ok, due to the fact that my spell wasn't MUI and was needing an Indexing System,
I would be forced to overwrite 500 lines of code. Seriously, I don't want to do that in 2 hours. No time, no will anymore. My damn spell costs me the whole day and I don't want
to waste my time in this stupid not-working spell anymore.
Maybe I will enter the next spell contest with better knowledge ...
What I want to say with that is that I quit this contest. :/ Besides that, I wouldn't call my spell a 'burner', I would GUESS to be second or third place. But whatever!
Good Luck for the remaining challangers!

Yay less people to crush when i win :p
Nah just kidding.

Sorry to hear that about your spell :(

Status
Not open for further replies.