• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How I make this MUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey guys.

I'm doing an enemy spawn trigger for the campaign I'm creating. It want it to be MUI and in it's currently stage it bugs very badly. Is it possible to make this MUI and how? I have put the trigger to here and attach the test map to the pois. I hope you can help me.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters 1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters 2 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters 3 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters 4 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Entering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Barbed Arachnathid for Neutral Hostile at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s Morph ALTERNATE animation
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\ImpaleTargetDust\ImpaleTargetDust.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Animation - Reset (Last created unit)'s animation
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Vulnerable
      • Unit - Unpause (Last created unit)

The one who can help me will have some REP in here. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• AERO HELP.w3x
    13.5 KB · Views: 42
Level 9
Place a Custom script: local unit u at the beggining of your trigger, then create a unit variable named u, set the Last Created unit to that variable and refer to it after the wait action.

Edit:
Nah, not working with plain GUI. You have to additionally convert the trigger to jass, and delete the udg_ prefix from the u variable.

Level 37
Okay, I see. I think I can edit this, but I will tell you if I don't understand something.

Very well, rep + credits earned.

EDIT: Okay, I still need some help. I don't want enemies to come all the time. So can you perhaps do somekind of trigger turn on/off for each region about 30 second?

Last edited:
Level 9
You want to stop spawning units for certain region, right?
Well, it would be way much easier if you made 4 separate triggers for each region, but i suppose you want it to be a single trigger? :p
I think that its not possible to make it one trigger, since there is no trigger-response like "Entered region"...
Damn. Im too tired to think of any solution... Maybe tomorrow.

Level 37
raft_pl said:
You want to stop spawning units for certain region, right?
Yes, for a short time. It would be stupid if player can spam enemies unlimited amount.

raft_pl said:
Well, it would be way much easier if you made 4 separate triggers for each region, but i suppose you want it to be a single trigger? :p
Yes, it would save my time a lot. There will be like 20 or more regions in the campaign.

raft_pl said:
I think that its not possible to make it one trigger, since there is no trigger-response like "Entered region"...
Damn. Im too tired to think of any solution... Maybe tomorrow.
Aha. :<

Well, is it possible then to turn off the whole trigger and after 10 sec turn in on again?

Level 9
Of course its possible to turn on/off a trigger, use this do to that:
  • Blah
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on/off Blah2 <gen>
You can place this action inside the same trigger, for example:
  • Blah
    • Actions
      • Some actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)