• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Showcase (4th or 5th try :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. A showcase. Just the ones I think are best, none edited.

Attachments

• Lost- the Hatch.jpg
    Lost- the Hatch.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 771
  • Outland.jpg
    Outland.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 791
  • Sunset X (SC).jpg
    Sunset X (SC).jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 755
  • Church II (SC).jpg
    Church II (SC).jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 648
  • Mountain Lake (SC).jpg
    Mountain Lake (SC).jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 731
  • The Long Way Home (SC).jpg
    The Long Way Home (SC).jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 652
  • Underwater II (SC).jpg
    Underwater II (SC).jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 586
  • Summer (SC).jpg
    Summer (SC).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 512
  • Epic Landscape III (SC).jpg
    Epic Landscape III (SC).jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 647
  • #13.jpg
    #13.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Epic  Landscape.png
    Epic Landscape.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 556
  • Jack-Shepherd Epic Landscape.png
    Jack-Shepherd Epic Landscape.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Level 34
Well yeah, it was the second time I used lightning, only after I looked at Madsen's terrain, did one terrain and then another with lighting and then I felt like making white water and bright lights.
What do you think of the second one, Gilles especially?
The High-Res? You know what I think. :p

Level 25
That beach terrain is baffling. You did an amazing job on the reflecting light and darkening the terrain models to emphasize it better. Awesome work indeed, Belgarath. Reminds me of a beach terrain I made when I first started terraining... but better. :p

~Craka_J

Level 10
The last one... With the houses. It looks a bit random or empty. Theirs like a large amount of plant life taking over the lawns of the houses, and the near the top-right is kinda a big hill that dosen't seem to have anything behind it.

Edit: For your church one, I find it sad that 2 people are getting married and no one is really paying attention to them.

Level 25
The new medieval one looks really good, but the road area looks incomplete or somewhat effortless. Needs more grass doodads, maybe some more hill variation, and towards the end of the road it looks pretty empty. Fill it up with crap. That's about all that is needed here. The glowing of the torches on the walls in the background makes it look so much more awesome. Good idea adding those torches!

The one that is third to last reminds me of The Emperor's New Groove.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.