• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My best terrainshots- check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well first,
thanks for all model-creators:

(Red=SPECIAL THX)

1. - Hellish Hybrid
  2. - Sephiroth_VII
  3. - Daelin
  4. - Olofmoleman
  5. - xXm0rpH3usXx
  6. - Nasrudin
  7. - Mc !
  8. - sc_freak
  9. - Whitehorn
  10. - HappyTauren
Ive tried hard and i hope you will like some of them...

Attachments

• Terrain_CityOfDeath.jpg
    Terrain_CityOfDeath.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Terrain_CityOfLife.jpg
    Terrain_CityOfLife.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,142
  • Terrain_Crysis.jpg
    Terrain_Crysis.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Nabooooooo.jpg
    Nabooooooo.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 890
  • wOMAN.jpg
    wOMAN.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 861
  • Techinque (pillar+fern=palm).jpg
    Techinque (pillar+fern=palm).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 722
  • Super1.2.jpg
    Super1.2.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 655
  • xd.jpg
    xd.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 624
  • Sun_Temple_(stormy2).jpg
    Sun_Temple_(stormy2).jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Level 34
I see a big empty spot on the bridge terrain. And the mountains and general background needs work. They're a little too pointy, and the depth perception is all off.

Level 7
I like the before and after shot of the city. Very nice. I think that the people should be scaled down a bit though. Other than that, they're pretty good. :D In your third shot, I think that you should try making the cliffs a little bit smoother on the sides. Your fourth shot is very good. I like it. I look forward to seeing more.

Level 28
I like the atmosphere at the 8th one. I think that you still have a lot to train, but the things I can point yuou know is:

Hints:

1) When terraining forests, you are spamming too much things on the floor. Try putting more space between the trees, and not abuse grass doodads, as you do.
2) As I see you like tropical rainforests, I say that there is no grass between the trees in palm/tropical forests. Just large bushes right under the trees. but you can see the tile variation between the trees (wich is always sand, dirt or grassy dirt/sand).
3) You are skilled enough with foreground, now you should start doing some background work. I mean, some mountains that absorbs the color of the fog, and stay in the horizon, surrounding the screen. It increases the effect of distance/depth

Here is a tutorial I think that can help:

>> Link to Void's tutorial <<

Even though the tutorial is for pine forests, it will surely help you.

I hope I helped, and keep terraining!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.