• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta testers needed for aos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,

I have actually been busy with my AOS project for quite a while and I'm looking for people who would be willing to beta test it due to the large presence of bugs in my map.:sad::angry:

About the project:

C.H.A.O.S. is a Custom Hero Aoen of Strife with 3 teams where you choose a model with ability classes and you can buy abilities from any of those classes for the hero. For a far better description visit the map's forum:

Here

Level 8
You buy abilities at the created shops after you selected a hero... Mmmm.... I should make it more user friendly.... Enable the tutorial mode in the beginning and read the description of the book of abilities that should help.

Level 8
Whould be awesome if you could help!!! I would grately appreciate it if you could find the time to play it vs. other players on b-net and them email me the replays, but comments and suggestions in any whay would be grately appreciated.

DL the map at the link in my signature.

Level 3
Can't you just arrange a beta test game(s) on BN and let people sign up for it. You could of course use random dudes on BN, but they won't be looking for bugs. Maybe someone has a ventrilo/team speak etc.. server that can be used. Just tell poeple the date and time and someone will hopefully come. I think it's more fun that way :D

Btw, plan it in hive's timezone (or did we choose it ourself?) I'm normaly +1.

Level 8
Good idea...the only shit thing is I live in South Africa (middle of nowhere concerning B-net) and our international connection is terrible with other countries...so I wouldn't be able to host and might lag out of the game...

Actually this is the only what something like this would work.... People... How about next Saturday 31... 20:00 on Europe Gateway?

Level 4
Hey there, Discovered a big bug in which if a player types -stuck during the game it causes the game to crash.

It was very difficult to test the map with this as of course people online just have to type it even when i tell them not to. Oh well,

I shall get some friends in to test it a bit better.

Otherwise perhaps we could organise a date to test this.

Last edited:
Level 4
Your welcome, have you updated it yet? Would be much easier to test this if that bug was removed asap. Thanks champ.

Great map by the way, i really enjoy it. Plenty of original concepts there.

Level 8
Jip! obviously... still need lots of people...any people willing will be greatly appreciated ...

Also people I would LOVE if you could post your replays here so I can look through them and maybe update based on the replay...

Edit: @AdzYboy I'll add you with others people to a in game message like OFFICIAL Beta Testers and thank you for your support... (to think I was thinking to stop working on the map)

Also we should try to play the day after tomorrow on Europe b-net server...but since my connection is really slow it would impossible for me to host the game...

Last edited:
Level 7
Found a bug (maybe). The winter orb spell dosent continue to stay around the caster.
Tip 7 has a grammar error, it saids recipy instead of recipe.
When i was killed by Wildlings, Soulless got the money for killing me. Might wanna fik that...
I really liked it, was very entertaining with big variaty of game modes, and you could customise your own hero, so the only difference between the heroes was their type.
If this could replace DOTA, then i will be pleased, because this is a way better than that.

Level 8
Found a bug (maybe). The winter orb spell dosent continue to stay around the caster.

lol... I actually made that on purpose....But it will stay around the caster in the next version...

Tip 7 has a grammar error, it saids recipy instead of recipe.

thanks for this...:wink:

When i was killed by Wildlings, Soulless got the money for killing me. Might wanna fik that...

Dammit... This will take some time to fix since I would have to go search for the cause of this....:sad:

I really liked it, was very entertaining with big variaty of game modes, and you could customise your own hero, so the only difference between the heroes was their type.

Well that's what I wanted to bring to the genre...:cute:...and thanks...Its people like you that keep me going with mapmaking...

If this could replace DOTA, then i will be pleased, because this is a way better than that.

To replace dota is impossible:hohum:...what I want to do is instead of being a replacement of dota bring something new.......

Level 1
Hi im almost always on Warcraft TFT and find it hard to get good games, yours is one of the best would really like to help you in any way possible:xxd::razz: and am able to play on sat 31st if you need other players!!

Level 1
hm i hope everyone can join with all that different timezones i guess...

EDIT:
oh btw i have 2 questions

1) Which chat channel?
2) a friend of mine (he played this map with me often) wants to come
i hope its okay for you =P

2nd EDIT:
seems like nobody came =(

Last edited:
Level 8
@ Doom sheep and Others Interested: It would be awesome if you could come...I will add you to the ingame message list if we play with us several times...I can't add everyone who comes to this forum and say they want to beta test since then I would prob end up with 50+ beta testers of which only 5 actually plays....

Just to clear out some stuff...
>we're playing at the Europe blizzard server, 18:00 international time
>And I can't host due to my crappy connection so I would need someone else to host....

@ FrozenFenrir: Awesome! So far we have 3/9 players (You, me and prob doom_sheep) who can play next Saturday.

Last edited:
Level 1
we have 4
my mate(his name is Kamikaye btw) wants also come again =P
so we almost got the half

btw: thought u meant the european server of blizzard, not eurobattle..:
i have to say i was never there so i dont know how to connect there
do i need another program/patch/registering for that?_?

Level 8
Mmm....Lol...You have te register...

But rather tell me wat's the eroupe server's Gateway...Ummm....Go to your war3 directory and open Bettle.Net Gateway editor and just please tell me wat's the eroupe server Host & Server name...I deleted all the normal war3 entries in the Battle.net gateway when I tried to connect to a local Server...:p...

Level 8
Okay my "to clear stuff out post" doesn't help at all it seems....Sorry I still need to edit the Net will do so now... Edited the post so it actually makes sense...Sorry people...

I forgot server.eurobattle.net is a special server ....I think and not the normal Europe Blizzard server...Sorry edited it.... Now I just need someone to give me the normal War3 settings so I can get onto the normal server...

Status
Not open for further replies.