• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Testing Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
You seem like a good guy, why don;t you go and test my map.
8 player mini game, map as attachement

Though I suggest testing it with multiple people, it's rarely fun playing alone.
I tested it in single player. Bad internet so cannot do in multiplayer.

>>You should place a little more info in the quest menu. Info about the number of points given by different type of crystals & the damage of different traps. It will be the first thing the reviewers in map section will tell you to do.
>>Some more modes can also help. Like a mode in which the first person to collect a specific amount of points wins. Or a mode in which the speed/number of the frost balls attacking can be determined. Another idea will be to be able to decide the amount of Frost ball so that difficulty level can be decided for different players.
>>Adding an AI will be a good addition. That way it can be played in single player too.

Level 17
I tested it in single player. Bad internet so cannot do in multiplayer.
It's no big problem, seeing how your review is excellent.

>>You should place a little more info in the quest menu. Info about the number of points given by different type of crystals & the damage of different traps. It will be the first thing the reviewers in map section will tell you to do.
It was supposed to be in the loading screen, but my testers and me load the map in 3 seconds. Not enough time to read, so I cleaned the loading screen and totally forgot about showing info. :p
I'll fix that.

>>Some more modes can also help. Like a mode in which the first person to collect a specific amount of points wins. Or a mode in which the speed/number of the frost balls attacking can be determined. Another idea will be to be able to decide the amount of Frost ball so that difficulty level can be decided for different players.
Ah yes, a good suggestion. I think I can change the current triggers to support this.

>>Adding an AI will be a good addition. That way it can be played in single player too.
I suck at making AI, if I did made one it would not be a challenge to start with. :p

Level 1
I suck at making AI, if I did made one it would not be a challenge to start with. :p
>>If you cannot make one then try asking for help.
>>A wise person once said-"Something is better than nothing" (Don't ask the name)

Also +Rep. I liked it.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Bad internet, I know your problem very well... That's why I'm always thirsty for maps with AI, singleplayer, cinematics and campaigns.

Mechanical Man's campaign has been submited yesterday, and the Ruined Towers were working. Also, you reviewed before than me, but when you played it, there was too many flaws.

Godfall isn't complete, it's still needs some work, mainly on the terrain on chapters 1, 2 and 3, but it's a well rounded campaign, and better than 70% of the ones that I already played. I wonder why it wasn't approved yet...

Anyway,

>>A wise person once said-"Something is better than nothing" (Don't ask the name)

Zerox always says this when avaliating models.

Level 1
Godfall isn't complete, it's still needs some work, mainly on the terrain on chapters 1, 2 and 3, but it's a well rounded campaign, and better than 70% of the ones that I already played. I wonder why it wasn't approved yet...
It isn't approved yet because no moderator reviewed it. Also they will be reviewing it only after mini-mod..... I don't know why I am telling you that. You already know that thing.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
wtf-cat.jpg

You...you...said... Half an year??

Level 6
Copied from my thread on Thehelper.net.

I am currently looking for some beta testers to test my new map, OVERTHROWN. Below is a short description of the project, in case you want yo know what you're signing up for. Also, if you do decide to test it, here are some important guidelines:

- tell me whether you tested it in single-player, or multi-player. It is much better for me if you test it in multi-player;

- all messages like "Our city is under siege", and "Our Hero has been slain" should appear in red with a line break between it and the previous message (if there was one). Other messages like "Enemy X has been slain." should be in green;

- if you EVEN THINK there is a bug, spelling/grammar mistake, or something that just "doesn't feel right", report it anyways.

+Rep will be given to all testers, and if you want, your name will appear in the Statue of Heroes which will replace the current statue on the island in the far upper right corner of the map

Info
OVERTHROWN is a heavily altered melee, combining elements of an RPG.

How to Play
Use your Emperor to build an empire, and turn it into the most powerful empire ever by conquering enemy military faculties by reducing their hit points to 20% or below.

Destroy your enemies' Imperial Palace or assassinate their Emperor to gain control of all their structures. Obtain gold by building shops, increasing population size, and killing enemy units.

If you need more information or anything, feel free to ask.

I have no more attachment space so you will have to download it from here: http://whitelisted.comli.com/wp-content/uploads/OVERTHROWN BETA2 (V1.00A).w3x FIXED MAP!

Last edited:
Level 4
I would be able (and happy) to test any maps and post detailed reviews. If you want some help send me a PM and let me know which ones you want me to test and I can get started. I like just about every type of map, I am not picky.

Level 1
Lightstalker,Live4evil; Noobmapmaker I will test your maps in a day or two. I am away from home so I don't have WC3. Hope you don't mind. :)

Level 9
Lightstalker,Live4evil; Noobmapmaker I will test your maps in a day or two. I am away from home so I don't have WC3. Hope you don't mind. :)

Thanks and if you can plz post the comments in the thread that i post the map so i can keep track of wat i need to work on. I'll post an update note on that post in a bit.

Level 1
Live4evil where is the map file? I downloaded the other 2 but yours was not present.

Overthrown v1.00 A
I played in single player as the intelligence based-emperor.

>>>In the basics it is written that if I got defeated then units will be shared but the player who defeats me will have more unit control. more control in what meaning? Quantity or something else? Also you need to explain how the unit share will be calculated. A general idea will be needed I think.
>>>You need to work on terrain a lot. You have used one tile at most places. You should use tile variations.
>>>One kind of trees does not look too good. Use more than one kind of trees to make it look better. You can also try scaling the existing trees to give a different look to the map.
>>>the strength based emperor cannot attack air units. I would say that this way they are not balanced.
>>>How often is the income delivered? You need to explain that a bit. It will help. Also how much? Explain that too.
>>>When I chose the emperor then I got 2 messages : (1skill point + 3 stat point) & then (3 skill + 5 stat point). Why 2 messages appeared? If this has got to something with the emperor being at level 3 (meaning 2 level p after level 1) then why don't you just make there to be one message? This is nothing major but I thought to mention.
>>>I trained a peasant. I clicked on structures & military faculty building button alternatively. There is a problem when I do that. Sometimes "build structures" shows military structures & sometimes "structures". same happens with the "build military faculty".
>>>You forgot to place the explanation of popularity in the quest menu.

As it was meant for multi player I cannot say about gameplay.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 6
Live4evil where is the map file? I downloaded the other 2 but yours was not present.

Overthrown v1.00 A
I played in single player as the intelligence based-emperor.

>>>In the basics it is written that if I got defeated then units will be shared but the player who defeats me will have more unit control. more control in what meaning? Quantity or something else? Also you need to explain how the unit share will be calculated. A general idea will be needed I think.
>>>You need to work on terrain a lot. You have used one tile at most places. You should use tile variations.
>>>One kind of trees does not look too good. Use more than one kind of trees to make it look better. You can also try scaling the existing trees to give a different look to the map.
>>>the strength based emperor cannot attack air units. I would say that this way they are not balanced.
>>>How often is the income delivered? You need to explain that a bit. It will help. Also how much? Explain that too.
>>>When I chose the emperor then I got 2 messages : (1skill point + 3 stat point) & then (3 skill + 5 stat point). Why 2 messages appeared? If this has got to something with the emperor being at level 3 (meaning 2 level p after level 1) then why don't you just make there to be one message? This is nothing major but I thought to mention.
>>>I trained a peasant. I clicked on structures & military faculty building button alternatively. There is a problem when I do that. Sometimes "build structures" shows military structures & sometimes "structures". same happens with the "build military faculty".
>>>You forgot to place the explanation of popularity in the quest menu.

As it was meant for multi player I cannot say about gameplay.
Hope this helps.

Well the Strength emperor has increased life and damage to make up for the fact that he cannot attack air units. Also, this is just a test version, so I'll be adding orbs and stuff like that. There is no problem with the peasant thing. If you click "build military faculties", then all the buildings inside the "build mf" will be switched with the current structures the unit can currently built. It's kinda hard to explain, but it works perfectly well, it just takes a bit of gettin used to (although I got used to it in less than 5 minutes...) As well, it is the ONLY way to make a unit be able to build from 2 sets of structures.

But anyway, good review. :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Footman Evo
>>The lag should be taken care of.
>>the name of the zombie was Jesus Christ. Why?
>>You need to explain the damage done by different spells per level. It will help in choosing spells. The effect's quantity should be told.
>>Ultimate of Archmage is Polymorph. How is that spell an ultimate one?
>>In case of feedback spell whose mana is destroyed per attack?
>>Make Death coil ability of the death knight be able to heal death knight himself. Same for holy knight ability of the paladin.
>>Far seer does not have passive ability while other heroes have. unbalanced. Same for lich. Same for dreadlord.
>>The time after which the hero again becomes available in tavern should be near zero. Otherwise I think it can create picking problem in real game.
>>You should credit all of the custom hero icons & models.
>>message appearing when I go to hall contains "......enter the battlefield"--it should be "entered the battlefield"
>>When I upgrade militia then they get upgraded but I cannot move them or attack by them or anything else.

A little AI can also help. I played it in single player but was the only attacker (take out the creeps in middle) raiding the other camps.

Level 9
Footman Evo
>>The lag should be taken care of.
>>the name of the zombie was Jesus Christ. Why?
>>You need to explain the damage done by different spells per level. It will help in choosing spells. The effect's quantity should be told.
>>Ultimate of Archmage is Polymorph. How is that spell an ultimate one?
>>In case of feedback spell whose mana is destroyed per attack?
>>Make Death coil ability of the death knight be able to heal death knight himself. Same for holy knight ability of the paladin.
>>Far seer does not have passive ability while other heroes have. unbalanced. Same for lich. Same for dreadlord.
>>The time after which the hero again becomes available in tavern should be near zero. Otherwise I think it can create picking problem in real game.
>>You should credit all of the custom hero icons & models.
>>message appearing when I go to hall contains "......enter the battlefield"--it should be "entered the battlefield"
>>When I upgrade militia then they get upgraded but I cannot move them or attack by them or anything else.

A little AI can also help. I played it in single player but was the only attacker (take out the creeps in middle) raiding the other camps.

I haven't experience any lag when i tested it, there were only lags when a player picks a hero. However, I already reduced the amount of periodic events into 1 central trigger, it might make the map a bit faster.
Normal units dont have proper names, how did zombie get one?
There's 10 lv of abilities for normal ones and 5 for ultimates, its hard to make a list of all 10 of them in the learn window.
Heroes arent all meant to do the same thing, some are support some are offensive. In the case of the Archmage, he already has 2 aoe spells, that get pretty strong at aroudn lv 3-4 because i remove the cap damage limits of all the aoe spells. Polymorph also effects hero (similar to Hex) so he is sorta balanced. More than 1 type of heroes will give each player a variety of tatics.
Feedback destroyed the mana of the target.. it makes no sense if it destroys the mana of the user.
Death Coil and Holy Light arent suppose to work on caster because they makes the hero impossible to kill at higher lvs.
Again, not all heroes are suppose to be the same, chose the ones that you liked using for your strat.
The cooldown is set so people dont just repick the last 2 hero until they get the set of ability that they like, there is plenty for each to get one.
Most of the icons I made, but I said in the info window I'll put in credits after this map goes into beta, its only still in alpha atm.
I'll take a look and fix that msg in a bit, thanks for pointing it out.
Each of those upgrade requires time to finish, I'm thinking of removing it in vers 3.0a and just make it instant. This map isn't good for less than 4 players.

Last edited:
Level 1
I haven't experience any lag when i tested it, there were only lags when a player picks a hero. However, I already reduced the amount of periodic events into 1 central trigger, it might make the map a bit faster.
There was lag on loading map for first time or loading save files.

Normal units dont have proper names, how did zombie get one?
Each hero has a name & zombie king is a hero. That is how. It is possible to place the names from which a random name will be choosen in map editor, I believe.

Feedback destroyed the mana of the target.. it makes no sense if it destroys the mana of the user.
It can make sense if I say that at the cost of caster's mana it gives damage to enemy.

Each of those upgrade requires time to finish, I'm thinking of removing it in vers 3.0a and just make it instant. This map isn't good for less than 4 players.
The reason why I basically gave you points about heroes. And Yes I agree that all heroes are not meant to be same. I might have thought of that if I had been playing in multiplayer but as I was playing in single player I did not understand that.

Level 9
My goal was to make those heroes that has good aoe spells to put points in intell for mana capacity and mana regen instead of maxing on str and be as strong as those melee heroes with passives in physical combat. So basically the player can decide between physical attacks and magical attacks but not both.

The new version will allow spawn rates to change depending on the amount of players in game.
More players = lower spawn rates for halls and higher spawn rates for creeps.

Level 3
If you have some spare time could you test my map out, its a type of zombie defense with two game modes so far, -story which involves you surviving through an amount of waves that is not complete yet and, -bou this game mode is you protecting a footman from the waves of zombies, the only way to win in this mode is to kill the 4 beacons which you need to be good at microing between protecting the footman and attacking the beacons.

Attachments

• last stand 0.52.w3x
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 89
Level 1
Hey there, could you please look at this map? I want some more feedback, since I got rejected recently.
(for singleplayer test, type in "-test" within first 5 seconds of the game while playing as red player)
Thanks in advance
>>>The information in the quest menu needs sorting.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...portance-of-a-description-127031/#post1117301 In this you will see "C. How can I make my in-game description appealing?"---Read that & see the example. The info & quests needs sorting.
>>>Include more information about use of shards. There is one at the beginning of the map but I don't know how to use it. I cannot pick it up or anything else.
>>>There is always a timer of "end of minigame" at 0:00 timer after the first minigame.
>>>How do I connect the dungeon entrance with boss lair? I just cannot figure that out.

I will sound like a fool but I think I will be needing a lot of instructions before I can build the dungeons.

Level 1
last stand 0.52
>>>One main thing for a map is to have a good description.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...portance-of-a-description-127031/#post1117301 This will explain it nicely.
>>>You need to work some more on the terrain.
>>>A different icon for the marine is needed.
-story mode
>>>Difference in the models of the waves of the zombies is needed.
>>>Presently only the zombie's numbers are increasing which is not sufficient as the walls have too high HP.
>>>The walls just in front of the benches on the side cannot be repaired from inside.
-bou mode
>>>I destroyed the gate so that I can go out. The zombies, ghouls etc. came inside the place to attack the walls. They should be attacking the footman.
>>>I should be able to go out of the place without destroying the walls. It is only fair.

Level 9
@Ranger21

Your Survival map, review.

[+]

- Save & Load system works fine
- Kinda good balanced
- Alot of help is given, like that
- Good terraining
- Everything seems to work
- Works good, no lagg and such. Or mabye that just is cus I have a really awesome computer :wink: haha, just kidding.
[-]

- You could work some more on items. Read the Tips
- The Loading Time is a bit to long, reduce that a bit
- Since you can save and load on your map, you should reduce the exp given a bit
- Why are the creeps names "12" and such?
- You should change the loadingscreen a bit, check the spelling and mabye make a better loadingscreen-image and not just plain black.
[Tips +/-]

- About the items, my tip is that you can destoy barrles/boxes and such and find new weapons there. Mabye add an ammo-system or such to make it a bit harder to play.
- You need to find something to add to your map, that no other Survivals has, or else it will be just like any other survival.
- I think you should make more effect-based spells. Make more custom spells with more effects!
Checkout this reply from time to tme if I have updated with some news :thumbs_up:

Level 7
Thank you for + section
- Works good, no lagg and such. Or mabye that just is cus I have a really awesome computer haha, just kidding.

Yep, it is my work. I destroy every leak and game reclean self very fast. Some Survivals Leak to much, my does not.

- You could work some more on items. Read the Tips

Work more on items(Balance and adjust items which i already made?) or Make more new items?

- About the items, my tip is that you can destoy barrles/boxes and such and find new weapons there. Mabye add an ammo-system or such to make it a bit harder to play.
Ammo-system is a big NO for players, all survivals have they. I want make game harder with events and quests, not ammo...

About barrels and boxes: i can make them explode on death, damage nearby units.

There is gold and some merchant where you can buy items.

It is future, they generate ammo :)

- The Loading Time is a bit to long, reduce that a bit
Im preloading some special effects + many decorations on map creation.
But i have one way to do this, widgetizer can decrease loading time but at cost of filesize.

- Since you can save and load on your map, you should reduce the exp given a bit
Exp already very low, but i can decrease it more... ( In extreme mode exp gain 200%). Experience from mobs depends on they upgrade level.
Gargoyles give: 10*upgrade_level
Ghosts:4*upgrade_level
Necromancers:8*upgrade_level
It is bonus exp only for KILLER(hero)

- Why are the creeps names "12" and such?
You mean player12, player7? I doesn't look at they name. Ok, i will give them names.

- You should change the loadingscreen a bit, check the spelling and mabye make a better loadingscreen-image and not just plain black.

In old version was loading screen, but i delete it becouse of filesize...

With spelling i need some help. Im from Russia and don't know english so good... atleast i don't write things like : Hay may namiz Ruslan

:)

- You need to find something to add to your map, that no other Survivals has, or else it will be just like any other survival.
My map Survival/ORPG, there some bosses on which players can farm, random events each 5 minutes, some hidden "quests".

Maybe i must make bosses drop random items. (Now they drop only same item with 100% chance(bosses hard to kill, players hate when they does'nt take prize for kill)

I need help with spelling, ideas for events and quests.

I think about some use of wood - maybe Adrenaline System, when player kill 10 units he gain 1 wood(adrenaline meter?), when he will got 25 wood hero will get some bonuses, when 50, when 75, when 100....

- I think you should make more effect-based spells. Make more custom spells with more effects!

Effects - lags, and im lack of ideas.

I know Jass and vJass on medium-low level :)

Some people make beatiful spells with GUI, but they spells lag... i can remove leaks, clean up code, do some inovations.

My skills on paint and graphical mind sux.

Thank you for reviewing, i will do now something ;)

Level 9
Thank you for + section

Yep, it is my work. I destroy every leak and game reclean self very fast. Some Survivals Leak to much, my does not.

Work more on items(Balance and adjust items which i already made?) or Make more new items?

Ammo-system is a big NO for players, all survivals have they. I want make game harder with events and quests, not ammo...

About barrels and boxes: i can make them explode on death, damage nearby units.

There is gold and some merchant where you can buy items.

It is future, they generate ammo :)

Im preloading some special effects + many decorations on map creation.
But i have one way to do this, widgetizer can decrease loading time but at cost of filesize.

Exp already very low, but i can decrease it more... ( In extreme mode exp gain 200%). Experience from mobs depends on they upgrade level.
Gargoyles give: 10*upgrade_level
Ghosts:4*upgrade_level
Necromancers:8*upgrade_level
It is bonus exp only for KILLER(hero)

You mean player12, player7? I doesn't look at they name. Ok, i will give them names.

In old version was loading screen, but i delete it becouse of filesize...

With spelling i need some help. Im from Russia and don't know english so good... atleast i don't write things like : Hay may namiz Ruslan

:)

My map Survival/ORPG, there some bosses on which players can farm, random events each 5 minutes, some hidden "quests".

Maybe i must make bosses drop random items. (Now they drop only same item with 100% chance(bosses hard to kill, players hate when they does'nt take prize for kill)

I need help with spelling, ideas for events and quests.

I think about some use of wood - maybe Adrenaline System, when player kill 10 units he gain 1 wood(adrenaline meter?), when he will got 25 wood hero will get some bonuses, when 50, when 75, when 100....

Effects - lags, and im lack of ideas.

I know Jass and vJass on medium-low level :)

Some people make beatiful spells with GUI, but they spells lag... i can remove leaks, clean up code, do some inovations.

My skills on paint and graphical mind sux.

Thank you for reviewing, i will do now something ;)

@ The Loading time, I did not mean the LoadingScreen Loading time, I mean the time you have to load a character, could be reduced a few seconds :thumbs_up:

@ The Barrels; good idea! This can be usefull, the barrels explodes and deals some damage and inside the barrel, there is mabye an item. However; if the barrel explodes, it would not be realistic that an item could survive the explosion :con:

@ The names; ye, give the units names :wink:

No problem man. If you need further help, just send a PM!

Level 3
Thanks for reviewing my map Zelda.alex I had noticed the glitch with repairing the walls and i found out how to fix it so thats good, for the gate i was thinking of setting a trigger that revives it after destroying it. Thanks again for the review

Status
Not open for further replies.