• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots Of My Helms Deep map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i've still got a couple of missing things such as a beserker which i'm still waiting on, uruk shield which i'm also waiting on and some other things that you may find missing from the map, these are only screenshots of some parts of the map. I will post a test map later on when i have finished placing all the units where they're supposed to be

oops! screenshot did not show up sorry, just wait

screenshots are further down

Last edited:
Level 6
looks like a helms deep map. Nothing new or special other than some half decent models used. Considering there's dozens of these maps around d you have anything to separate this from the others? Maybe create the hill where gandolf rides downwards and the area the forest appears and set it so after x amount of time the riders come swooping down the hill and at that point the Orcs become hard pressed rather than the humans. Also if you're going for a Helms Deep feel which no Helms Deep map has create unique jass skills for the heroes and make them powerful with a lvl 25 cap. They are supposed to be able to keep armies at bay when working together and the orcs are supposed to be stupid and slow but absolutely massive in numbers.

Level 7
lol, that's true, i completely forgot about the hill where gandalf and eomer charge down, thanks for the ideas, will post more screenshots soon and a test map ;)

EDIT: some screenshots, will add more stuff later, i have finally acquired the uruk shields, i've also got the hill, where gandalf rides down finished and currently finding some tips on the triggers. Tell me what you think from the screenshots and what i could do to make this map stand out from all the other Helms Deep maps around :)
HD1.jpg

hd3.jpg

hd 2.jpg

hd 4.jpg

hd 5.jpg

hd6.jpg

hd7.jpg

hd8.jpg

EDIT: awww come on is it really that bad that no one wants to say anything??!!!!
If no one wants to comment then that gives me the impression that the map is fine

Last edited:
Level 7
I would like to see how you've pulled of Helms Deep itself.
The terrain you are showing looks rather.. Flat.. Try adding some height variation, and some doodads.
And as stated before you will have to make this Helms Deep different to the others, and I don't think it would be enough with only a hill for Gandalf to ride down from :p

Last edited:
Level 7
as in add doodads on the field?? cause i don't think there were any except some rocks. Apart from that... it's a plain field, anyway i'll see what i can do.Overview.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
thats awesome, beter than anything i could do. BTW how and what did you use to create the wall. I am bloody sick of looking at my Helms deep map, i've searched everywhere for the HD fort and walls but they've all lead me to dead ends. Please tell me where i could find those actual walls instead of me having to use shitty tilesets that are atrocious.

Last edited:
Level 22
theyre from a hi-res pack in wc3campaigns.net i dont suggest using them however, cause some of them are not very aesthetically pleasing and it took me forever to position those damn towers. i have some other castle walls that are much better, and fit with the wc3 theme abit better.

Level 7
Apart from that... it's a plain field, anyway i'll see what i can do.
It would improve it a lot if you make some small hills (Not big hills, just make it look like small bumps), even a plain field is a little uneven :wink:

Level 7
ok i've taken down the whole Helms Deep wall and fort and now currently replacing it with a doodad pack that i downloaded. It will look far different to what it use to be.. i think.

and Death Bringer 2... you do realise that there are hundreds of these maps and most of them all look the same. Go look on EpicWar and most of them have the same or similar looking layout and fort.

EDIT:Haven't quite finished it but here's what it looks like so farScreenie 2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Wow. Just... wow. I swear, the pictures with the Uruk Hai are just awesome. It's as if I'm looking at a direct shot from the movies! But when you have pictures of them charging the defenders, it kinda gets dull since the defenders are basically vanilla Warcraft III models...

Other than that, the new terrain looks good for now. But just in case, go to wc3campaigns.net and check out their terrain tutorials. TRUST me. They helped me out alot.

Level 24
Wow. Just... wow. I swear, the pictures with the Uruk Hai are just awesome. It's as if I'm looking at a direct shot from the movies! But when you have pictures of them charging the defenders, it kinda gets dull since the defenders are basically vanilla Warcraft III models...

Other than that, the new terrain looks good for now. But just in case, go to wc3campaigns.net and check out their terrain tutorials. TRUST me. They helped me out alot.

bullshit, this could be much better....

change the terrain, use more doodads, use more tilevariation

Level 15
Apparently for you the glass is "half-empty"... Have you ever seen better Uruk Hai before? Can you honestly show me a Helms Deep map with better, more close-to-the-movies Uruk Hai? No, I think not.

The terrain may be plain for now, but he's working on it. He's just showing WIP's, not a finished project. Have you seen a download link for his map anywhere in this thread? No, you haven't.

Level 7
i was already planning to use them but thanks anyway!!, btw could you be more specific on what part of the terrain i should change, i'm guessing it's the mountain at the back right??

Last edited:
Level 7
i don't know, there are custom units that i downloaded from THW, uruk-hais actually have their correct weapons, i'm not using raised tilesets for the Deeping walls and forts. And i'll probably add the cave/mountain area where all the women and children are. I don't know... that's why i posted this thread so that you could give me ideas... duh!!!

Level 7
well i've finished the fort and everything and most of the map but i unfortunately have to put this project on standby for a couple of weeks due to my return to school. I've got tons of stuff to do but i ensure you all that this map will be finished.

Level 1
Good work, I like the models of the Uruk-hai
Are there also screenshots of Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas

Level 4
Did you finished the map yet? If you did, I wonder if you got any spelling mistakes in your map, I for 1 never make spelling mistakes. I always triple check. Though do you have Hama in your map? If so, then it's incorrect, Hama got killed by a warg according to the movie, but not to the book, in the book he lives up til Helm's Deep. Helm's Deep with the 's not Helms Deep. Lol, I am annoying aren't I?

Level 3
But i think its not to late to advice but you could make a cool triggers. Unit dies wait 0.1 second create dead body in units death place.... Batle goes on blablabla shooting arrows blabla create special effect fire gust's in random regions in the battlefield. Well... Dark fog... heavyrain when the battle beggins.
Unit dies
create weather effect heavy rain
(make something tat this trigger would be turned off but the weather effect would be still on) try to make the player feel like hes in a true war ;pp like when the orcs starts to penetrate the gates of the castle aragorn and the dwarf dude jumps on the bridge and and you make that you could only control aragorn or gimli set camere wow A like kill some orcs change camera to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.