• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Star Wars or Star Trek, need ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello everyone, i am a very capable map maker, very knowladgeable star wars and star trek fan. I currently need ideas on what map i should begin working on. List of all my thoughts:

1. Star Wars Battle. I would reconstruct (accuratly) a famous battle from star wars. This would be something like Battle of Geonosis, where one side would be Clones/Jedi, the other being the Sepertist. Or i would do somthing like the Battle of Hoth, where the empire has to destroy the rebel transports before they can take off. OR (last example), the Battle of Endor which could be a little complicated yet effectivly interesting. Some players would battle on Endor as ewoks/rebels/empire trying to defend/destroy the shield generator. meanwhile the rebels try to survive as long as they can up in space as the empire tries to defeat them. if the ground rebels or space rebels are defeated, that team loses. Althou the ground and space forces will be allied, they wont interact with each others and each player will fight only on the ground or only in space.

2. Star Trek RPG. Players would choose a variety of classes from starfleet, being an Engineer, Captain, tacticle ect. players then would get on different ships (or the same ship) and work together. the engineer would control the ships movement/repair while Tacticle would control weapons/ship security. as this game progresses there would be more classes. this would also feature a save load code, the higher ur rank (gained by misc. things), the better the starship you could go on. i think it would be fun to have a selective co-op RPG in space. the actual missions you go on hasnt been explored much in my mind, but there would be missions presented to the captain who then decides what to do about it. also im sure i would add wether or not you would be a Klingon (extra strength, less intelligence), human (balanced), vulcan, (more intelligence), hologram (lots of intelligence, almost no strength) ect, in addition to beaing a vulcan-captain or klingon-engineer.

so these are the 2 big ideas ive come up with. the star trek rpg seems signifcantly more difficult while the star wars would be simpler. star wars seems to be a bit more popular however and would be easier gaining support for the map that way. thing is, is that i have not the slightest clue on what battle of star wars would be best re-imagine a game off of. so what are your thoughts?

NOTE. ive thought of combeing the two ideas, however due to how the star wars theme is, it wouldnt transfer useing the different classes. and i just dont want to do a Star Wars RPG. star wars is for epic battles while star trek is more for RPG (in my mind). Thanks for any ideas/suggestions u guys think of, as i have literally thought about this on/off for MONTHS.

Last edited:
Level 14
I personally believe that the battle of hoth would be the best map of choice here. Their is an extreme ammount of imformation that surrounds Hoth. We know so much, down to casualties and units used. For example
Imperal Troops-
Space units:
One Executor-class Star Dreadnought, "The Executor"
Two Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, "The Devastator "The Tyrant"
Four Imperial II-class Star Destroyers, "The Accuser" "The Avenger" "The Stalker" "The Corrupter"

One Victory I-Call Star Destroyer, "The Firewind"

Tie Fighters
Tie Bombers
Tie Interceptors

Space Commanders:
Executor Darth Vader
Admiral Firmus Piett

Ground Blizzard Force:
Elite 501st Legion-Snow Troopers, Snow Shocktroopers, Imperial Officers, Imperial Engineers, Snow Scouts

E-web heavy repeating blasters
Echo and 74-Z Speeder Bikes
MTV-7 Multi-Terrain Vehicles
CAP-2 Captivators
AT-PT
AT-ST
9 AT-AT
AT-AR
AT-AA

The battle was started with a drop of 3 Titan Dropships.

Ground Commanders:
Major General Maximilian
General Brenn Tantor

And im looking and I believe that is all. Hoth not only would be a fun battle, but It would be very easy to make. The only thing that may require work is AT-AT roping.

Perhaps there could be an Airial battle as well...?

~Asomath

Level 14
Well Actually Lord DZ. That would be fun too.

Here is a compiled list of star wars models on this site (This took a little time):
Star Destroyer
Death Star
Star Forge
Naboo Star Fighter
Droid Star Fighter
Spider Droid
Hailfire Droid
Thechno Union Ship
Z-95 Headhunter
R2-D2
Darth Maul
Ewok
Male Jedi
LIGHTSABERS WEWTS!
Genosian
Jedi Female
Riderless Dewback
AAT
Darth Revan
C3P0
Clonetrooper
Stormtrooper Ridden Dewback
V-Wing
Jangofett
Kaminoan
Weaponless Clonetrooper
Human Femal Jedia
Naboo Doodads
Yoda
DARTH MAUL!!!
X Wing
Grivius
Super Battle Droid
Jedi Star Fighter
B-Wing
Hormagaunt
Tie Bomber
Tie Interceptor
ARC-170
Gungan
Hoth Blaster
Speeder
Imperial Shuttle
Speeder

Those are all the models. So, now, what you need are
All the AT models
Gungan Warrior Models
Droid Command Center.

And suprisingly enough, thats it. This map already has almost all of the models it needs. You need to go Complane to Olofmoleman and Illidan(Evil)X for not making at least an AT-AT model. So, to the request Forumn!

~Asomath

P.S. after this research im doing, you have to discard the Star Trek Idea :D

Level 11
haha i appreciate the enthuism. im pretty sure i will discard the star trek, because of the new Star Trek Online MMORPG Cryptic is making (announced today). about the star wars

i really dont ever hear of models being requested, and then being made. however i would toatally do a Hoth battle if there was any hope that a AT-AT model would be made. because if there is no AT-AT, the game will just lack. many people when i consulted them, would like to see a Battle of Hoth.

on the other side, ive put ALOT of thinking for a long, long time about a Battle for Naboo game. this is what i have been thinking about that (it follows a little bit like my Endor scenario)

Players will fight in the fields outside Theed, while others will fight inside Theed first trying to reach the Hangerbay. Then some players will split off and fight in space, while the remaining players go up to capture the Viceroy. The only model i would really miss here would be a Droid Control Ship and a MTT. However i can work without those (initally of course).

im thinking there would be 2 gungan players fighting 3 droid players in the fields, while 2 Naboo Starfighter players battle 2 more Droid starfighter players in space, while 2 naboo security players try to take over Theed palace, controled by 1 player. so 12 players total, doing things that affect the other. if the gungans are overrun then the droid army there can come back and destroy the forces inside theed (same if gungans can overrun droids). meanwhile if droid control ship is nocked out, all droids are deactivated and to get partial victory, if the viceroy can escape to space (and then hyperspace) they wont completly lose. Or if the viceroy is captured then the droids have like 3-4 minutes to kill all gungans/n1-starfighters before they lose. the gameplay is complicated but im pretty sure id be able to do all of it. and fyi recreating the obi-wan/qui-gon vs. darth maul battle wouldnt happen, and they would just be characters you would control during ur objective.

the choice of which game i pick depends on what i feel like would be a better map, and what you guys would think a better map would be.

Model wise, Hoth is not a good idea for a map. Apart from AT-AT, there is no Rebel soldier, Stormtrooper and appropriate doodads models.

Battle of naboo sounds better, having more suitable models at your disposal. But still your idea does not really appeal to me, it requires too much players. You should do something that could be played also with two players (single playable is even better :p). Add objectives for each side, maybe you could split the game in various steps, like first assault outside Theed, where Trade federation would have notable advantage and defenders are trying to weaken them enough so they can more easily defend theirselves in Theed. This is just an idea. I can try to make up more.

Asomath, those are not only sw models on this site ;)

Level 11
okay well how about this for a Battle of Naboo.

Up to 5 Naboo players and up to 5 droid players. they start out fighting in space. it will be timed of how long it takes for the naboo players to destroy the droid control ship. then once it is destroyed all the players switch over and fight in the fields. the gugans have to outlast the time it took them to destroy the droid control ship. if it took 8 minutes, they have to survive against the droids in 8 minutes, if it was 15 minutes, then 15. if they survive then either they win or we add another stage of gameplay, the battle in theed. where the few sucurity forces have to capture the viceroy before he escapes. or just capture him, but if they die then they lose. and THEN as a bonus 4th stage, the top 2 players on the naboo side take control of obi-wan and qui-gon, and they fight the top player on the droid side, who will take control of darth maul. and i think i can come up with a few ideas to make that duel interesting/fun/worth being top players so its not simple boring-auto attacking action. what do u guys think about this? (if u dont get somthing i can explain it in an easier way to understand)

Level 3
If anyone ever saw the Money_Lover's map for Star Wars Footies, it has the AT-AT skin. The Hoth scenario would be best, in my opinion. Naboo sucks and the battles that went on there were lame. Droids vs. Gungans/civilians >< Not worth the trouble to make like Hoth would.

Status
Not open for further replies.