• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ice Hockey Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
35k0o48.jpg

Ice Hockey Gold
Made by Hanky

General Informations
Language: English
Scriptlanguage: vJass
Used Tools: JNGP,UMSWE,wc3mapoptimizer,mpqmaster
Mapcreator: Hanky
Modeller: WaRadius
Preview: Paladon
Informations: Clan NgO

Gamestart
After the map has finally loaded the screen will turn black and nothing else appear than a message "Preload" with red letters. Then the admin has to choose all gamemodes and the gametime. When that is done you will have to choose your player model and finally you can enter the Ice Hockey Arena...

Gameplay
Well, Ice Hockey Gold is basicly a fun map linked with ice hockey. The main aim of the map is to get the puck and shoot goals for your team. But that won't be that easy as it sounds. Enemys can always try to dash you away or just to get the puck back. Also you just can't slide in the goal with your unit during it has the puck, because if you do so the enemy team will get a penalty kick. One game got 3 game rounds and 2 game breaks. The time will be stopped during a penalty kick or a kick off. If the game ends you don't need to leave and host the map again, the game got an automatic regame.

Gamemodes
As the admin you will have at every start of the map the possibility to choose between several gamemodes (Also during a regame). Currently there are 3 gamemodes which you can turn off or on. The first gamemode you can choose is the Adrenalin Mode. This mode reminds you maybe of Unreal Tournament where you have to gather adrenalin to execute several abilities. In Ice Hockey it's basicly the same. For every action you make you will get adrenalin and after you gathered 100 adrenalin you can choose an ability and use it against the enemy team. The next gamemode is the Experience Mode. This gamemode allows you to gather experience during the game for actions. So you can reach different levels where you get new skill points which you can use to skill your shoot strength, move stamina or fight strength. The last gamemode in the line is the Upgrade Mode. With this mode you can buy with your upgrade points, which you can gather with actions, new body parts which make your character much faster and stronger.

Skills

Shoot Strength
As the name already sais this skill is there for the shoot strength of your unit. This skill is also very important if you want to shoot the puck hard which makes it easies to score a goal.
Move Stamina
The stamina is one of the most important skills in the whole game. You need stamina for nearly every action if you use your adrenalin abilities or if you for example use the sprint ability. So try to give some skillpoints to stamina.
Fight Strength
The fight strength will be very useful if you want to dash all enemys away. With a higher fight strength units get a longer stun after being hit by you. With this skill you can help for example your team mates to secure the puck.

Abilities

2cf4fvt.jpg

Shoot & Extreme Shoot
These two abilities are there to shoot the puck away. The normal shoot is better if you want to pass the puck to someone or if you got no more stamina. The extreme shoot is much better for shooting goals.

2zeymo7.jpg

Sprint & Brake
This two abilities are both there for the speed of your unit. The ability sprint will make your unit faster but during the spell is active it will drains stamina for every second you use it. For the ability brake you won't need any stamina. This ability is to stop your unit very fast.

Adrenalin Abilities

4tomev.jpg

Dash
This ability will dash all units away which are in your way. But this ability will instantly stop after you hit the first unit. The advantage of this spell is that the enemy unit will be stunned for a very long time.

2vtbekm.jpg

Rebound Shoot
This spell is there to shoot the puck away with a buff. This buff will be like a shield to all enemy units. The enemy units won't be able to get the puck as long this buff is active.

fz8ak7.jpg

Insane Berserk
Makes your player invulernable for 20 seconds. Allowing him to dash everything in it's path, while staying resistant against enemy bodyslams.

2wcgtu1.jpg

Puck Teleport
Instantly teleports the puck as long as the puck is in range by a maximum of 500 meters.

Upgradeable Bodyparts

Helmet
If you upgrade this bodypart you will get +2 stamina and +2 fight strength. This is the cheapest upgrade with a price of 300 upgrade points.

Stick
If you upgrade this bodypart you will get +3 shoot strength and +1 stamina. This upgrade will cost you 400 upgrade points.

Armor
If you upgrade this bodypart you will get +2.5 movespeed and +2 fight strength. This upgrade will cost you 400 upgrade points.

Skates
If you upgrade this bodypart you will get +2 stamina and +0.5 accleration speed. This is the most expensive upgrade with a price of 450 upgrade points.

Controlls
  • Press X and select the ground to make a normal shoot.
  • Press C and select the ground to make a extreme shoot.
  • Press V for sprint.
  • Press D for brake.
  • Press A for any adrenalin ability.
  • Press the spacebar to see where the puck is.

Game Commands

"-zoom xxxx": with this you can change the distance of the camera
"-camp xxxx": with this you can change the maximal camptime
"-diff x": with this you can set the difficulty of the keeper (Hint: 1-4)
"-color xxx xxx xxx": with this you set the color of your unit (Hint: 0-255)
"-allyPuck true/false": with this you can enable that allies can get the puck from allies
"-slide xx": with this you can set the maximal slide speed
"-maxreg xx": with this you can set the maximal stamina regeneration

Advice

Because this map uses many special effects it could cause lags at older PCs. Sure, you can put the graphic quality down but remember then the game won't look so nice.

Screenshots

30hsqw6.jpg

vr3iit.jpg

29xadm9.jpg

2rm9p3l.jpg

2ij669.jpg

Trailers

Demo Version
Direct Link

Version: 1.5
Direct Link

Version: 1.6b
Direct Link

Comming

In the next version I want add an archievement system like in Team Fortress 2. You can gather in every game archievement points points. With these points you can get new ranks and secrets like new models etc. After every game you will have the possibility to save your archievement points and to load them again in the next game.

Download

Open Source
For the open source you have to visit our Clan Homepage. If you want to modify my map please ask me first for permission.

Optimized Version
Mirror 1#
Mirror 2#

Special Thanks

JonNny, Darkt3mpl3r, Anachron you guys really helped me with many ideas and bug testing. Without you guys this project wouldn't be that what it is now.

Level 15
Looks kinda awesome, gotta try this on Bnet now :)

Okay, heres what i think:

Upgrade points are gained WAY too slow! in a game of 30 min, i didn't even have enough to buy a single upgrade!

The keepers are extreemly fast, its nearly impossible to make a goal.

Shoot/pass is very dificult to pass with, i found myself pass the ball with extreeme Shoot

it is easy to take the ball, but it should be easier to tackle, sliding around the enemy 4-5 times, and couldn hit him, even if models collided.

And worst of all, i got team-changed and suddenly i moved extreemely slow! it took me nearly 2 minutes to get from one side to another.
I was red, and got changed to green.

Anyways, cool game :D

Last edited:
Level 14
Aschy said:
GJ man this looks friken intense.

Mario Strikers = pwnt

Thank you.

Lord_of_sausage said:
Upgrade points are gained WAY too slow! in a game of 30 min, i didn't even have enough to buy a single upgrade!

Well it is always different, also if you would get the upgrade points to fast the players would become imba. But sure I could make the upgrades again more cheaper.

Lord_of_sausage said:
The keepers are extreemly fast, its nearly impossible to make a goal.

If you use extreme shoot and got maybe a shoot strength of +5 then it's pretty easy to shoot goals. But if the keepers are to hard for you then just change the difficulty of the keepers. The default difficulty of the keepers is "normal".

And worst of all, i got team-changed and suddenly i moved extreemely slow! it took me nearly 2 minutes to get from one side to another.

Lord_of_sausage said:
it is easy to take the ball, but it should be easier to tackle, sliding around the enemy 4-5 times, and couldn hit him, even if models collided.

Well, I also noticed that, but I think when I raise the collision range that will be better.

Lord_of_sausage said:

I never had this bug and I also see no reason in the autobalance function. Maybe something happened before? Next time show me please a replay so I could maybe find out why you slowed down.

Thanks for your comment Lord_of_sausage.

Level 15
Okay, i got offically addicted to this map. Played it four times in a row on Bnet now, but, i think one thing is bad.
Theres a large difference between Maximum Shot Strengh, attack strength and Move speed thingy.

Played a game where all was level 15, and it ended up becomming 3v1, and we (the 3) got owned, because we didn't stand a chance against his psycko speed. Think you should decrease the ammount of speed you get from each point. Also, max Shot Power was a failure, i didn't (might just be me) feel the big difference. Ofcause, the puck was way faster, but it was just as difficult to score, as if i didn't have maxed out shot strenght

Also, i would love to see alot of new modes :p
Maybe you could also change the pucks stats, like size, fricton, wieght and bouancy. So you could make the ball move at normal speed, but it would never stop, or make the ball move mega fast, but it stops after like one sec.

Sorry for my bad english, can't concentrate when my sister sits beside me and yells that she wonna play... Anyways, great map, have a rep :p

Level 14
Lord_of_sausage said:
Played a game where all was level 15, and it ended up becomming 3v1, and we (the 3) got owned, because we didn't stand a chance against his psycko speed. Think you should decrease the ammount of speed you get from each point. Also, max Shot Power was a failure, i didn't (might just be me) feel the big difference. Ofcause, the puck was way faster, but it was just as difficult to score, as if i didn't have maxed out shot strenght

Yes, the balancing between the different skills is currently not so good. I'll try to improve that.

Lord_of_sausage said:
Also, i would love to see alot of new modes :p

Edit: Sure, I will try to add some new modes.

Lord_of_sausage said:
Maybe you could also change the pucks stats, like size, fricton, wieght and bouancy. So you could make the ball move at normal speed, but it would never stop, or make the ball move mega fast, but it stops after like one sec.

You mean like a crazy mode? Sure that could be done. Again, thank you for your comment.

Last edited:
Level 15
I like it very much too, but for "Crazy" modes, it could be cool with new models, or an option to change it... For fun.

Maybe you should add different sized arenas, because playing a 5v5 in that small area, results in chaos, and players leaving.

Also, i found a bug where i couldn shoot the ball, even if i stood on it!

Heres the replay:
View attachment Bugged Ice Hockey.w3g

Level 14
Lord_of_sausage said:
Also, i found a bug where i couldn shoot the ball, even if i stood on it!

Thank you very much for the replay I also know the reason why you didn't get the puck there. Well the enemy used the rebound shoot adrenalin ability but somehow the ability stucked so well this happend. I'll fix that.

Nudl9 said:
I really like the map, but it can be a bit chaotic and hard to see who got the ball sometimes.

Well there for you got the command "-zoom" and also you can press the spacebar to see instantly where the puck is. Thanks for your comment.

Level 15
And, it really need different sized arenas, with possibillity to shift between them. I can give you a replay of a 5v5, so you can see how chaotic it is.

And just an idea to add more teamwork to the map: A possibillity to add an "Auto Pass" abillity, wich when used, causes the puck to home the most suitable friendly player close to the caster. Like the Pass abillity in "Worldcup of Warcraft". The reason i say this, is because its actually better to be 1v5 than 5v5. I won with a MUCH higher score when i tried a 1v5 instead of 5v5. (1v5 score was 13 goals, while 5v5 score was 4. And the total team score was 7).

So add some more teamwork in it :p

Level 14
Lord_of_sausage said:
And just an idea to add more teamwork to the map: A possibillity to add an "Auto Pass" abillity, wich when used, causes the puck to home the most suitable friendly player close to the caster. Like the Pass abillity in "Worldcup of Warcraft". The reason i say this, is because its actually better to be 1v5 than 5v5. I won with a MUCH higher score when i tried a 1v5 instead of 5v5. (1v5 score was 13 goals, while 5v5 score was 4. And the total team score was 7).

A auto pass will be added. But I don't like the idea of 2 arenas, wouldn't it be better when I just raise the size of the current arena?

Super-Sheep said:
You should change some of the effects. Red and green lasers.. fail.

This effects are just there to show in which team you are. I'll see if I can find a better red and green effect to highlight in which team someone is. But well, thanks for your comment.

Last edited:
Level 14
Super-Sheep said:
But well, me and my friends didnt like the effects.

Sure any suggestion with which effect I could replace them?

TheBlooddancer said:
I can only suggest new tiles.

The current ones just doesn't fit, Imo.

Hm, I'll see if the terrain get changed I'll ask a terrainer in our clan.

Lord_of_sausage said:
Well, that would work too, but it should only differ when theres many players. The arena size right now is great for 1v1 or 2v2 (3v3 is a little crowded, but that just me).

Sure a 5on5 is sometimes overcrowded, but I thought it could be more fun, because of fights. But well I just raise the size of the arena abit and Im sure then it will be better.

Level 14
Anachron said:
Well I think you should only make AI available for left players so that they auto switch without delay.

Everything else (except checking for singleplayer) would not be that good.

I am really afraid of the new arena. I liked the old "good" one that well.

You are right with the AI, it will be only for single player and the admin can add bot player if he want too. Well I hope you won't miss the arena, I just hope like you that the new arena will look better.

Lord_of_sausage said:
I just wanted an option to increase/decrease the size of the arena, as everything gets extreemly crowded with many players.

Sure and I got the same opinion like you. And because of that the arena will be changed.

Velm said:
Interesting.
this has a lot of potential.

Thanks, I hope that the next versions are much better.

Level 14
Any new updates?
How far are you with the new arena?

Give informatiooons :p

Well I had no time the last week to make anything. But I can give info how the current patchlist will be:
- new arena with new terrain
- bug fixes
- archievement system with at least 15 ranks, with every rank you get you can get new secrets, the archievement system will be just active when there at least 2 players in the game
- effect changes
- more balancing

Other changes which are not 100% sure:
- adding the ai, so long there will is no AI, the map won't be playable in single player not even for testing

I hope that I can change/add this stuff very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.