• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of the Arathiland: [ First Review ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone! I think you want to know what I'm talking about , ehh.
Well , I'm working on a project from about 7 days , and now I've finnished it.
EDIT: Now its a lot of time!!

What is HotA?
HotA - Quebec Heroes of the Arathiland. It is a small ancient island , and one of the best PvPRPGAoS in the same time. My first version will be released very soon and I'll oficially public it. I don't need anything or beta testers for now , because my map does not conatins very much bugs.

What does this map contains?--
Simple , 18 choosable heroes ( at the moment ) by dialogs.
All heroes got different abilties , and about 85% of the abilities are made by me. The rest are some blizzard one , but the heroes are totally new.
2 Vendors , Sin'Dorei and another one , that sells armory/potions. They are totally new , no one is copyed or made by blizzard.
A lot of doodads , and yes , about 80% are not by me. Read about the credits down.
And much more!

Map zise?
Yes , my map is not a big one , because I don't want to make a laggy one , and the terrain , tilesets , etc. are made by --read the credits down.
Ah , and about the map zise? The map will be about 1.3-1.4 mb ( now it is 1.7 ) , but I don't think that is tooooo much , how some people tells. And , beign a multiplayer map , the zise cares , but I won't make it 4 MB in the future.

Map Type?
PvPRPG , or Hero Arena. Also the game modes are: -rpg -k30. RPG Mode - 3rd person camera (like this one) and It doesn't haves a multiboard or much rules..
K30 Mode: Complex Multiboard , A normal game camera , and how to win the game? When a player reaches 30 kills , he will congratulate the victory. More game modes will be added in every version.
K50 Mode: Like k30 , but with 50 needed kills to win.

Heroes , etc?
No , I won't show all heroes , and I won't tell their names right now. You have to discover them by yourself.

Credits:
Triggers , units , abilities , developer : Dieseldodge.
Loading screen ideea by: Fisher621.
Custom Imported models and icons by: General Frank , Happy Tauren , olofmoleman , Illidan_09 , Seung-Bum, Lee , KelThuzad.
Terrain Template: Belgarath.
Multiboard triggers by: Airandius. ( edited by the developwer ( me ))

NEW!!! Check the 1.2 new version!

More info will be added soon. If you have any questions , please post them. Thanks!

HotA lastest version: Click here
HotA 1.0 Expansion: Not recommended because of bugs..but click here.
Some shots I made:

Attachments

• HotA 1.JPG
    HotA 1.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 586
  • HotA 2.JPG
    HotA 2.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 511
  • HotA 3.JPG
    HotA 3.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 475
  • HotA 4.JPG
    HotA 4.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 488
  • HotA 5.JPG
    HotA 5.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 435
  • HotA 6.JPG
    HotA 6.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 330
  • HotA 7.JPG
    HotA 7.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 313
  • HotA 8.JPG
    HotA 8.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 329
  • HotA 9.JPG
    HotA 9.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 333
  • HotA 1.2.JPG
    HotA 1.2.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Lets be pretty frank.

This sounds bad. If your spelling and grammar is this bad in the map, it wouldn't be approved by me. However, the images don't look too bad. I think you need to work on your English skills and, hopefully, the rest will follow.

Level 4
Ok, well it looks "ok".
:fp: map shouldn't be "simple" in terms of the effort you put into it, but it should be "simple" in the manor of gameplay is easy to learn.
:fp: zise = size? contains = contain?
:fp: Why not disclose all of the heroes? More detail = better presentation.
:fp: as for "alot of doodads" why?!

Well, im not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.