• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galactic Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
You are able to capture buildings that produce units, but instead of gaining access to those units, the Hybrid get a corpse-preserving building. This would be to show that you have conquered the building and are now able to infest the corpses of those units. I'm not sure about expanding on the idea like that, as it would most likely cause balancing issues. I like Yixx's idea how it is for now. But I would like to hear ppl's arguments for and against what I just suggested :D
The idea that you have suggested is possible if you have some conversion of the structure by the workers also. Like the building contains technology but you cannot use it till you convert the building into your race type by using workers. The conversion can have some moderate cost & after you do conversion then the building acts as corpse-preserving building for the hybrid & some other thing for others.

EDIT:
For the global effects like the landslide i thought of another idea.
If you build some forest like place then in some places vines can sprout out creating problem. They can be wild vines which can engulf the buildings & go on damaging them.

Last edited:
Level 35
Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Mind you, it's still a work in progress, and it probably won't be included in the Beta (unless I feel as though it's worth it), but the idea will definitely be considered.

A JOB FOR ALL: I am currently having difficulties with the idea of the Infector having the capability to become one of three different types of units via abilities. I would like for there to be a dummy ability, naturally, and the triggering I can do myself. HOWEVER, I do not know how to get 3 dummy abilities (I'm thinking Cannibalize) to work at the same time. I think I have an idea for an alternative solution, but want to know more about the Channel abilities. Can someone plz find me a tutorial on the Channel? I know one exists. Either that or you can tell me straight up :p.

Level 1
Wazzz i recently played a map Battle for Maelaru v0.95 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
In this map there was what i think a good AI. It is an AoS map
>Computer choose heroes
>computer hero went on to attack the enemies & came back to base in case of an attack on base or went to a place where many enemy units were present
>computer heroes upgraded their abilities & used them properly

The reason i am mentioning it is that maybe you can use the AI for taking help & spell ideas.

>How about tech tree of the races?
>About the beta. How soon do you think it will come?

Level 35
Hm... a long time ago, I played a Star Wars AoS, back in the times of the dreaded tyranny of Dial-up. It had good AI, and as I did not believe in Battle.NET at the time (no one could prove it to exist), I found it interesting. What I have wondered is how they do that AI. It would require a level of skill to make and I think a certain level of triggers.

Thx for the tip :p

Level 35
Interesting, but the tech-tree for this map is too simple for such elegance lol.

Basically, you can get around five different buildings while the rest is capturing points. As for requirements for units, it's simply an upgrade for every unit except for a 'basic' unit. For the Orcs, that would be the Brawler. The Hybrid would have the Infector. The Mystics would have the Sentinal. The Humans would have the Chronic Masdurbator. Okay, maybe not that last one.

Level 5
Good map idea! :)

"I am... XxHunterkillerxX, god of the galaxy Osore."

Last edited:
Level 35
Nah, I mean you unlock units in your techtree through upgrades. However, your question has given me an idea...

I think I will make the ability for 'infecting' a corpse an item ability. Then, whenever a Infector is created, it starts off with the three different items necessary. Instead of inventory, though, it will be called something else (possibly left blank). Thx for the inspiration, Yixx! :D

Level 16
Ok,, so nobody has bothered to reply on this thread anymore,, why? It is a really nice idea for the map,, but how is the progress? You promised a Beta,, now i know everything about delaying promises =P,, but when do you intend to release that one?

Level 35
Hehe, fair enough question, I did promise a Beta, but also haven't received any more posts on here for a while. I still have a fair bit to do (the Infectors were a mess), but actually, I'm thinking it should be able to be done in enough time. But who still visits this page? As you've said yourself, nobody has bothered to reply any more :p

Level 35
AI would be one of those things I'd add later, purely because it's freakin' hard to get it to concentrate on controlling points :S (Although I have the idea of making them initially controlled by Neutral Hostile so they appear as Creep Camps, but once you've captured them, how will I get them to take it back?)

Enhancing my sig could work, I'm not sure how to put an image in yet, but will look into it in the near future :D

Level 4
I am checking this thread almost every day. It's a really nice idea. I can help in some stuff too now becouse i cant do sports for a year.(only jogging)

Level 35
Sounds... well, I'm tied between good and bad. It's good you can help out more, but a shame you can't do sports for a year :(

Anyway, if you're looking for something to do, could you plz go over the Desert Terrain? I would like very much for you to replace the trees with Blizzard Cliffs (only one in height, I'll expand if necessary).

Level 1
I have been waiting for beta too. I was hoping to get a look at the map itself before suggesting improvements.

Paku what happened? No sports for an year? Why?

Level 4
Wazzz, did u change anything on the desert map? If so then send me it on msn. I cant do sports becouse my heart leaks blood or something. I dont know exactly. And in about a year ill have to go on a check up.

Status
Not open for further replies.