• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of the Bulge (BotB) v7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENT
~BATTLE OF THE BULGE~
Brought To You By: ReddSpyDer07

Preview.jpg

Hey guys, I'm new to Hive and I thought I would spread awareness about my new map => Battle of the Bulge.
The purpose of this thread is to present screen shots and different aspects of the game so that people can become interested in it.
It is out of beta development but I will continue to add to it with the help of whoever gives ideas and suggestions.

===================================================================================================

~THE BASICS~

This is a modern, WW2-themed, AoS. For those who do not know what an AoS is, it a type of gamestyle.
There are two computer controlled sides which send out waves of units and your job is to kill the enemy base.
To do this, you choose a hero and push the frontline forward. Team work is important to winning in any AoS.
There are many things that separate this game from other common AoS maps such as DotA.

Battle1.jpg

===================================================================================================

~THE HEROES~

There are 11 heroes to choose from, all of them entirely new heroes that you have never played before.
More will come in later versions. Hero ideas open to suggestions!

-Sniper Commander
-Biological Commander
-RPG Commander
-Rifleman Commander
-Tank Commander
-Medic Commander
-Assault Commander
-Flamethrower Commander
-Frostthrower Commander
-Engineer
-Spy

Heroes.jpg

~THE GAMEPLAY~

There are new concepts in this game that make this game very fresh. In previous AoS's the main focus is on killing other heroes only. However in BotB the focus is more on killing units more so than heroes, although both are important. Whenever you kill a unit (they are easy to kill and there are loads of them) you gain Kill Streak. You use this KS to buy upgrades, some items, and to send in reinforcements. When you are killed your Streak ends and you lose all of your KS. This means keeping alive is vital to winning. But, KS can be bought so that way when you are killed, you arn't entirely screwed.

Streak.jpg

There is also income in the game which is called your Salary. Everyone starts off with a Salary of $1. What this means is that every second you will recieve 1 gold. Every 5 kills will increase your Salary by 1.

~THE ITEMS~

BotB is filled with items that will keep your hero pimped out. Grenades, Ultra Grenades, Smoke Grenades, Land Mines, Sticky Bombs, Concentrated Napalm, Concentrated Mustard Gas, Machine Gun Towers, Bunker Towers, Artillery Gun Towers, and 4 Tiers of Hero Items are just some of the things you can use. The following screen shots are showing the 4 Tiers of Hero items. They do not require recipes and they only cost gold and Kill Streak which means you wont have to waste time looking around finding required items. There are towers that you can build to have a stragetic advantage and to cover flanks. (The last 4 items in Tier 4 will come in v7.5).

Tier1.jpg
Tier2.jpg
Tier3.jpg
Tier4.jpg

~THE LINK~

So enough reading and go try the game for yourself! The game can be played on battle.net or you can play it solo. Please give me feedback and post replies to this thread giving your opinion of the game and any suggestions of what could be added/fixed/you know. Have fun and thanks or reading!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?id=kw2pwu

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
I need someone to make a totally f-ing awesome and epic loading screen/preview screen image! I want people to see the preview screen while browsing through maps and and stop and think "this looks badass". Major credit will be given to whoever creates the image that will attract the most eyes. PM me or reply if you are interested!

Heres some Screenshots I took from a Bnet game :grin:

#1. Planes flying over battlefield
SS7.jpg

#2. Using some Battle Orders
SS6.jpg

#3. A player winning an Award
SS5.jpg

#3. Assaulting the Allied Base
SS4.jpg

#4. Green was owning it up this game :xxd:
SS3.jpg

#5. Using the High Voltage Bullets [Tier 4 Item]
SS2.jpg

#6. Domination :thumbs_up:
SS1.jpg

Here is the link for the game again:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?id=kw2pwu

Last edited:
Level 9
Looks awesome. The items are badass and i like the killingspree idea. Now theres more to an AOS than just killing heroes as a main priority. +rep.

-Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.