• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your dumbest build for Phantom Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoC Armlet PT MoM

Also known as the "Cheapskate" build. Basically, you build those four items at like 15 minutes, and start killing everyone. Nobody will expect it and you have mad sustain with lifesteal and armlet toggling. You reduce armor with Medallion of Courage so you hit really hard (deso level hard), you turn armlet on for 40 bounus damage which scales with your crit, you get PTs for more attack speed/dps and you turn on MoM for huge attack speed boost so your crits are basically guaranteed. At 15-20 minutes if you have this, literally nobody will survive it. You'll have a ton of armor and HP should you need it (armlet + MoC), you have evasion for more survivability, you're only going to be pretty prone to getting stunned/nuked down, which, if you're worried about, should be remedied by a BKB. It should seem sad that the most expensive item you have in your inventory is BKB, but it's fine, you can continue to murder people.

Hopefully you'll be able to get 1200 + 2320 + 1400 + 1800 = 6720 gold for this as soon as possible (with standard gold per second, it boils down to around 130 last hits), but even if you don't, with just MoC and PT you can actually kill people and start farming heroes to improve your snowballing tempo. You aren't AFK farming, waiting for your next item to come, you farm the lane, and start farming heroes as soon as you see you have the DPS to do it.

Level 12
Well mine is Shadow Blade build + Mask of Madness(For crazy attack speed coupled with the bonus attack speed phantom strike has to offer) + Maelstorm(Relatively more cheaper than Battlefury) Well basically I built Shadow Blade just so she lived up to her name, like a Phantom which dissapears from plain sight.. I build Phase boots for chasing and escaping, and constantly ganks instead of farm.

Phase boots seem kind of redundant on her, though, because although they give her some damage that scales with her crit, her overall DPS will increase more from attack speed of treads, and you want to manfight, so you will benefit from some tankiness. Also level 4 phantom strike has a tiny cooldown so I don't see why you'd need a distance closer, especially since you have a very cheap and effective slow.

Also, Shadow Blade is just too expensive for what it does for the hero, I think. It's 2800 gold that gives you some attack speed and damage and damage on hit and invisibility, but you really should not be in the position to need it, the rest of the stuff can be gained much more rapidly through other items, which is why I go MoM Armlet cheese trollbuild, and nobody expects that lycanesque MoC on her.

Level 12
But you can upgrade it into Silver Edge.. Shadow Blade is a pretty decent item if you ask me.. Not only it gives bonus damage and attack speed but it also allows you to escape tight situations. A shadow blade and a deso would be a perfect combo.. Just imagine triggering Coup de Grace + the backstab damage of Shadowblade.. Altho its inefficient and pretty much impractical, it does however fun to be building that kind of items.

EDIT: This is why this thread is called the "DUMBEST" build for Phantom Assassin.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I want to know what's the dumbest item build you ever did for Phantom Assassin. This is for shits and giggles.

I don't play PA cuz i like other hard carries more, but when i go dumb build i often rush for divine rapier.

if you lose it, ragequit like a pussy :p :p

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

never saw that build that HT mention before. looks like a pretty neat combo. definitely worth a try.

never saw that build that HT mention before. looks like a pretty neat combo. definitely worth a try.

Be mindful however, if you don't snowball really hard from it, it's wasted money on cheap items. You really need to know what you're doing with this setup, the idea is that you leverage your huge crits with lifesteal and armlet toggling while you are killing everyone, if you fail at any of those things you'll just be behind and with shitty items, the whole point of this build is to assassinate everyone and push really hard and take map control until they can't farm anymore.

If the game goes long, people who actually build for a hard carry will outcarry you, this is pretty much an early fighting/midgame build that's very effective that falls off ridiculously hard lategame.

Status
Not open for further replies.