• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techies update (Nerf or Buff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
... And halving his damage with those mines.

He just got a nerf to his soul ring usage, soul ring takes 150hp and gives 150 mana. Previously he could place 1 mine for 125/150/175/205 mana.
Now the cooldown is at minimium 5 seconds and the duration for soul ring is 10 seconds, so he can place 1(?) mine at max with each soul ring usage, thus wasting mana from the soul ring.

"No longer block neutral creep camps."
Time to farm jungle with techies? :D

Level 11
Huge nerf. Like that ^ dude already said, Soul Ring is practically worthless now. And the damage nerf makes him terrible in team fights outside his minefields.

But hey, he was pretty overpowered to be honest. Totally deserved it.

Level 3
Both.
Its better for roaming techies(too bad his MS dont fit this), placing mines everywhere(a mined path), instead of stacking them, since they no longer do that)
They could just let them explode upon death, the other details could be overlooked

Level 12
Both.
Its better for roaming techies(too bad his MS dont fit this), placing mines everywhere(a mined path), instead of stacking them, since they no longer do that)
They could just let them explode upon death, the other details could be overlooked

Techies can still be strong, nerf or not. I think his main role is to restrict enemy movements across the map. Enemies would be cautious and jumpy if techies is in the game.

Techies can still be strong, nerf or not. I think his main role is to restrict enemy movements across the map. Enemies would be cautious and jumpy if techies is in the game.

This is correct. His purpose was never to fight other heroes directly, but rather force enemy players to make mistakes. In a game with techies the jungle should be a death zone.

Level 10
As a frequent techies-picker above 5.5k the biggest nerf I felt was the fact that you can't stack mines exactly on eachother anymore.

I found that the most efficent way to play techies was to take him to the offlane with a null talisman and tangoes. The high armor and half-decent damage you get with the null tali allows for trading hits with many support heroes at a decent rate.

As of the halved dmg/manacost/cd on land mines, is mostly a nerf to laning-stage techies since you're no longer as big of a threat of just doing the mine -> suicide combo to land easy kills. As well as playing techies + tusk now is way worse than it used to be. However later into the game I would count it as a buff since the 20-mine cap was removed, also a minor thing but the fact that you get a higher amount of traps makes TA less of a counter since her refraction charges get removed faster with less loss of damage from your mine stacks.

The gold for destroying mines was a huge nerf, combined with that they dont blow up if they're destroyed. This makes laying stacks in a lane dangerous as you can suddenly feed the enemy with gold if they find them.

He just got a nerf to his soul ring usage, soul ring takes 150hp and gives 150 mana. Previously he could place 1 mine for 125/150/175/205 mana.
Now the cooldown is at minimium 5 seconds and the duration for soul ring is 10 seconds, so he can place 1(?) mine at max with each soul ring usage, thus wasting mana from the soul ring.

Land mines have 9/8/7/5 seconds cooldown, and last time I checked 9 < 10, so if you're in the correct position to place a mine instantly you can always place two land mines with one soul ring usage. Also the fact that soul ring + arcane boots (dropping arcanes using soul ring and then picking them back up) gives you pretty much infinite mana, it's still as much core on techies as a bottle on IO (wisp).

"No longer block neutral creep camps."
Time to farm jungle with techies? :D

I've actually tried this, by TPing to t2 mid tower (radiant or dire), to place 8 mines in the closest camp and the rest in the closest medium camp, you can with a little luck with neutral spawns, get almost level 3 as the neutrals spawn at 00:30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.