• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Install Dota 2 Workshop Tools (Dota 2 Reborn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
attachment.php

Introduction
Hello! This short how-to guide will show you how to quickly and easily install the Dota 2 Workshop tools, now that they're officially released and custom games are now officially supported by the Dota 2 client, as of the Reborn update.

Step 1.
First you will need to install Dota 2 in steam. (If you do not have steam, download it here).

Step 2.
Once the download for Dota 2 has begun, open up your "Library" tab in steam, find Dota 2 in the list on the left, and right-click on it. Select the 3rd option down that says "View Downloadable Content". This will open a new window that looks like this.

attachment.php

Step 3.
Make sure that the checkbox next to "Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC" is checked. This will begin download process and install the Dota 2 Workshop Tools.

Step 4.
Once the download has been completed and the tools have been installed, launching them is easy. Simply right click on "Dota 2" in your library list again, and select "Launch Dota 2 - Tools"

attachment.php

Conclusion
Yes, it really is that easy! Now that you've downloaded and installed the tools, you're free to go ahead and begin messing around with the tools. If you're accustomed to the Warcraft 3 World Editor, then the tools will seem complex, however, with just a little bit of practice they will become much more familiar and easier to use.

Attachments

• view_DLC.PNG
    view_DLC.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 7,836
  • launch_d2_tools.png
    launch_d2_tools.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 4,635
Last edited:
Level 1
Need help!

Step 3 dosen't work for me! Checking the box isn't starting the download. It did with other DLC. Please help, what do I do?

Level 3
The workshop tools can't install on my steam. Pls help

Since the release of Reborn the Alpha tools are no longer used,

1. Go to Steam/Library/Games/Dota 2 make sure you have the Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC checked, it should start download after you enable the checkbox

2. After downloaded its started through the regular Dota 2 click-link in Steam, i.e. brows to Dota 2 and "Play"

3. A prompt popup window should appear asking you if you want to: Play Dota 2 or Launch Dota 2 Tools

Hope it helps!

Level 3
Doesn't work

As I said the workshop tool CAN'T INSTALL OR DOWNLOAD.

Sorry for rudeness.

I just installed it on a fresh computer following the same 3 steps and it works just fine, if you can run Dota 2 Reborn you can most likely run the tools, you don't need to install anything separately just make sure the dlc options for Dota 2 Reborn and the Tools DLC is checked...

You are not really giving any reasons why it doesn't work so make sure following is true:

You have a computer with the minimum specs
You have a internet connection
You have steam installed
You are not running steam in offline mode
You have enough space on disk
You have Dota 2 Reborn installed

Level 8
You are not really giving any reasons why it doesn't work so make sure following is true:

You have a computer with the minimum specs = No
You have a internet connection = Yes
You have steam installed = Yes
You are not running steam in offline mode = Yes
You have enough space on disk = Yes
You have DotA 2 Reborn installed = Yes

Level 1
Since the release of Reborn the Alpha tools are no longer used,

1. Go to Steam/Library/Games/Dota 2 make sure you have the Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC checked, it should start download after you enable the checkbox

2. After downloaded its started through the regular Dota 2 click-link in Steam, i.e. brows to Dota 2 and "Play"

3. A prompt popup window should appear asking you if you want to: Play Dota 2 or Launch Dota 2 Tools

Hope it helps!
Do you still have the Alpha Workshop Tools, we are modding patch 6.84.
Incase you want to check us out.
Download Google Drive: Google Drive - Virus scan warning mega.nz: 7.04 GB file on MEGA Launching the game: extract the archive's content, log into Steam, and execute Dota 6.84/dota684.bat Play Make sure your steam profile is set to public. After you queue up for the first time you can set it back to private. Via the website 1. Sign in with steam: Steam Community 2. Open the queue page Log In Required - Dota 2 Classic and click "Find match" or via the Discord chat channels 1. Sign in with steam: Steam Community 2. Link your discord acc: Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities 3. Queue up by pressing the "Queue" button in one (or more) of the queue channels Once 10 people are in the queue and everyone accepts the game, the bot will dm you a link to the server. To connect, you'll need to click it with your Dota 6.84 open.

Status
Not open for further replies.