• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I do not know and I cannot program custom mode DotA 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello everyone.

I'm here to talk about the DotA 2 scripts.

I'm trying to make a custom mode. In the Terrain, I do of good. But when I go to the actions of the mode, does not work when I copy of a website, etc. And I do not know programming, scripts uses LUA programming language.

The Worldsmite works with the data base of mod, as values of units, etc.

Please answer up have one tool that helps to structure the scripts, like Worldsmite or Valve will do, or up I need know LUA programming language for do actions of custom mod?

Level 12
I can only recommend you to read the workshop tools wiki

For creation of data driven abilities/units/etc. you do not really have to know LUA.
For real event scripting and more complicated stuff like this you will have to know it.

If you want to create a good DotA 2 map you will have to learn all of this.

Level 9
I was trying to make a teleport, however, I can not do. I do not know if it's the position (suspect, but think is in ground) or script (suspect). I asked for help to Noya, but I think I overdid in the questions, bother him. :( I also have interest to do spawn (create creeps) waves of creeps.

I read this wiki, but I understood very little (where are the files, organize files (lines)).

Level 3
Archmage Mage Teleport in my DotaCraft repository:
KeyValues
Lua

You can learn Scripting through examples and trial & error. There's also many tutorials over moddota for various topics. Try to invest a bit on your english, its the most useful skill out of all of this.

Level 9
Archmage Mage Teleport in my DotaCraft repository:
KeyValues
Lua

You can learn Scripting through examples and trial & error. There's also many tutorials over moddota for various topics. Try to invest a bit on your english, its the most useful skill out of all of this.

In the future, up I is with conditions best against the disease (obsessive compulsive disorder), I think I go try go in a course to learn English british (culture interest). In moment, I go try to better my health, I am with problem that causes coughing (loops) that made me stop psychologically of study course web design.

Status
Not open for further replies.