• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA (1/2) fun facts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Starts:

If you activate slark's ultimate and get into an enemy's base, the fountain doesn't even touch you !

If you pick abbadon and run into an enemy's base, you get healed by the fountain's attacks !

Dazzle's ulti protects from fountains attacks. Void, omni knight can do so as well.

Pudge's hook or rubick's telekinesis, Legion's or venge's ulti can be used to pull enemies to your base.

Kunkka's tidebringer spell along with a couple of divine rapiers and a battlefury with his core can kill an entire enemy team in one strike.

Last edited by a moderator:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Bounty Hunter's Jinada + Divine Rapier causes you to 1-2 shot heroes.

Stacking Battlefury can cause your splash damage to be greater than your attack dmg.

In dota 1 Rubick can steal Pudge's hook or Venge's ulti, then trap people on cliffs and trees with Blink Dagger permanently (or until ally rescues them or they scroll somehow)

There were vids on youtube about funny dota stuff.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks guys for sharing with us ! A rep to everyone !

Funny Item tooltips :

Divine rapier : With Great Power comes great responsibility. (A dialogue from spiderman)

Ironwood Branch : Wearing one of these ensures a good game.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well..I think its dopplewalk and not dopple ganger....

Level 23
No i don't think it will dodge the projectile because you are visible to the enemy. It has the same mechanics with Shukuchi, Wind Walk, Permanent Invisibility, etc.

No, doppleganger will make PL disappear not invisible or anything. It is much more like puck's phase shift and then duplicates himself. Am I right?

Edit: Wew, this reply is a bit weird. I thought this thread didn't reach page 2 yet. My bad.
Edit: I hate myself.

Level 13
Well I don't know if this is a fun fact or not, I tried to use the hero Chen. The hero who can manipulate creeps and goes under his command, I don't remember the skill and on level 1 you can manipulate creeps that are lvl 1 or 2 I think. Tried to cast it into a higher lvl 6 creep Dark Troll Berserker and whooooshhhh it dissapeared into thin air.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Invoker's w-w-q can purge omniknight's ulti

You can dodge tinkers rocket using SoD

Kunka's ghost ship is actualy a bigger,slower version of torrent if you ignore the special effects

WOw !!!

Level 2
Tossing enemy (Tiny) while assassinate (Sniper) will be look so awesome, as you can see the bullet :xxd:

you can use Slark as deward-er at early game, just brought at least Lv.1 Leap (2nd Skill) and some Sentry ward :mwahaha:

Saw LC Dueling and she has Aghanim? you use bane? then give one of them Nightmare :vw_sleep:

Axe is so swag when he's spinning then use his Ultimate :ogre_datass:

on DotA 1, Sniper's Shrapnel reveal area is so tiny than the DOTA 2 :slp:

you know its really annoying when Bounty Hunter/Riki/InvisHero with DarkSeer, Ambush by invis and Ion Shell :ogre_hurrhurr:

you can pause anything (include buildings) with Faceless Void's Chronosphere (some of my friend didn't know this :xxd: )

If you use Lone Druid, you can use your bear as Hook Shield :gg:

BloodSeeker on past was Sponsored by Formula1 GP, now he has possibilities sponsored by Formula1 Rocket :eekani:

Undying used to be STR hero, but for some reason he has higher INT Gain than STR itself :hohum:

there are lot of people (including me) when using SandKing always accidentally canceled their "almost-done" channeled Ultimate :ugly:

Faceless Void has a best combination with Witch Doctor and Lich :wink:

Lion and Lina is the best Partner ever <3 you should know the reason already guys xD

if you chase Death Prophet while her Ultimate is active(especially when you don't have blink or some speed boost), prepare to die :xxd:

you can actually block Techies mine damage with Repel(OmniKnight) before, but now you can't~

Magina(Anti-Mage) and Terrorblade used to be Brothers on DotA, but they don't look like brothers anymore on DOTA 2 :cry:

Lotus Orb and Blade Mail is the best Target-Cast Counter, especially when the enemy caster is squishy :wink:

If you had Octarine Core on Nature Prophet, you can infinitely use Sprout(the cooldown is same as the duration)

Na'ix and Barathrum is the best Partner, Infest then CHARGEE!! <3

Omniknight's "Catch Up" voice was heard like "Ketchup"

when using TimberSaw, if you about to die try to hang a tree then do buy back immidealtly :razz:

Faceless Void's Backtrack will still dodge attack even though you had MKB

Wraith King is the most annoying hero in the game, especially when he has RO and Aegis :eekani:

using Visage? Lich has Aghanim? you can troll people when your Familliars has the Chain Frost :grin:

Before Meepo was removed from AbilityDraft, Meepo's ult and Nature Prophet's Nature's Call can make an Army of Treant :xxd:

Best Combo Skill i've ever heard: Aftershock + Lightning Ball/Mana Shield

that's all i know :xxd:

Level 13
If you manually clicked the move button of the Heroes Command Card and target it to an enemy unit, the Hero will just stand and would not attack the target.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Here are some good YT vids on this subject. continue watching on your own, there are 19 other videos from the same author. both useful and funny dota tips and tricks.

Level 10
Spectre, Zeus and Nature's Prophet make one helluva team.
If you die as Weaver and buy back and activate your ultimate, you teleport to where you died.
If you buyback while under Disruptor's Glimpse, you will get a free tp. Probably to your demise.
Refresher Orb resets Wraith King (or Skeleton King)'s Reincarnation.
Dark Seer's Vacuum cancels channeling spells, period.
Rubick can become Juggernaut temporarily by stealing his ultimate or his Bladefury.
Undying's prediction includes body bag instead of bag.
You can deny enemy's ancient camp if Lich + Aghanim Scepter hits their ancient with Chain Frost.
Techies and Tusk make an instant kill on almost every hero at level 1. (Suicide + Snowball)
Some people are willing to throw their lives for Bounty rune at level 1.
Naix and morphling both with scepter can produce an illusion Naix which ferries the entire team in it.
Night Stalker has the worst vision in daylight.
A combo of Io and Pudge can produce the old classic fountain hook trick (hooks enemy hero into your fountain) via Relocate, Tether and Meat Hook.
Terrorblade has the highest starting armor.
A losing Techies or Omniknight can drag the game for hours (if they have Aghanim Scepter).
Juggernaut can teleport in his Bladefury.
Winter Wyvern can sacrifice an ally with his third skill while he make a quick getaway.
If 10 heroes in the map are low on health, Bloodseeker can run faster than Bara's Charge of Darkness.
Glimmer Cape can be very OP for heroes with channeling abilities.
Rubick can throw an enemy up a cliff for the first 3 minutes.
An Enchanted Mango can save lives.

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

A combo of Io and Pudge can produce the old classic fountain hook trick (hooks enemy hero into your fountain) via Relocate, Tether and Meat Hook.

Thanks for sharing with us but.... this one in particular is actually not possible as in latest updates of DotA 2, Pudge's hook stops right at his position instead of travelling with him so pudge will be TPed to base but the hook will stop at the cast point.

Level 22
Thanks for sharing with us but.... this one in particular is actually not possible as in latest updates of DotA 2, Pudge's hook stops right at his position instead of travelling with him so pudge will be TPed to base but the hook will stop at the cast point.

They fixed this one after the famous fountain hook in the international. Now you have to cast hook at the fountain then immediately get relocated and hooked an enemy hero. The hooked unit will go to the base instead because it is where you cast Meat Hook even though you are not in the base anymore.

Level 10
Yeah. I know the old Chen and Pudge combo. But a fountain, i think can only be done this way now. However, this hook can only be achieved if Pudge and Io are really good or the enemy is just standing still like an idiot.

Level 2
Interesting/helpful stuff:
-Dropping every single int/mana item whilst regening in fountain with a bottle gives you far more efficiency than bottling/healing with your items
-If you hover your mouse over bounty hunter's track icon (assuming he is on your team/rubick has track) you can see their gold
-Using smoke of deceit + POTM ulti will allow you to literally be in smoke up to melee range, as long as the enemy team doesn't have detection

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Such spectre... Spectre is out of the game!!! :l (Just show the example :) )

I remember that spectre can be entirely out of the game border if you cast spectral dagger one more time and follow the dagger path to walk! (Because I have tried it :| )

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    14.6 KB · Views: 71

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Such spectre... Spectre is out of the game!!! :l (Just show the example :) )

I remember that spectre can be entirely out of the game border if you cast spectral dagger one more time and follow the dagger path to walk! (Because I have tried it :| )

goooooooood ! Thats a greaaaat escape mechanism ! :as:

Level 8
[E]clipse;2698824 said:
Thanks guys for sharing with us ! A rep to everyone !

Funny Item tooltips :

Divine rapier : With Great Power comes great responsibility. (A dialogue from spiderman)
I just hate misquotes.

François-Marie Arouet,
Œuvres de Voltaire, Volume 48

Not spiderman.

Last edited:
Level 10
When you cast Charge on a enemy unit with a Lotus Orb Buff that targeted enemy unit will and Spirit Breaker will have to face each other in a manly way.

Click this for a funny proof

This also works in a similar way with tusk's snowball. However the snowball needs to reach the lotus orbed target for the one with the lotus buff to turn into a snowball.

Status
Not open for further replies.