• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA Quiz !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

So whats this thread all about ?
Ans. Its the
DotA Quiz Thread !

Here you people will volunteerly (maybe) ask questions about the game DotA and others or maybe myself will try to answer it.
So let me start :

Name a hero that can enter the enemies fountain area and come back healed instead of getting damaged.
Abbadon ! he can use his ultimate to heal himself in the enemies base !!!
Answered by : Shadow Flux

According to DotA 1 Lore who is the brother of Anti-mage ?
Terror blade.

Which hero other than void can very easily pass through Void's chronosphere (ultimate) without getting paused ?

No answer yet...

Which is the spell that has the highest silence duration ?

Its Doom, he has the largest in game silence spell.

Who is the Hero that is possible to see through trees and cliffs? (by shadow flux)
Night Stalker.
Answered by : abcrabnightlive

So how many can you answer ?
Also keep posting questions ! :as:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

1. Abaddon
2. Terror Blade
3. Rubick?
4. Doom

Third one is still wrong... but good job on the others ! :as:

Your answers have been added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

2. Magina
3. Void

2nd is wrong, Shadow Flux answered correct.

Void is a right answer but you need to name the hero except void. Theres one I know...

2. Terrorblade
3. Phoenix

2. Right but shadow flux told this already.
3. Its semi-truth cause the latest DotA 2 patch pauses phoenix and even heroes like juggernaut in the chrono. :as:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

You should add my question in the main post.

Done !

If no-one anwers my chrono question then I will have to reveal it.
Anyways... Any more questions ? Anybody ?

Shadow Flux said:
Who is the Hero that is possible to see through trees and cliffs?

i think its medusa...
But a techies can also do so, or any other hero with a ward... :aq:

Is it Storm Spirit using Ball Lightning? I think he can pass through Chrono if he is in Ball Lightning form.

Actually, he is still paused in chrono, it's just that his movement isn't, which was simply triggered movement in wc3. Basically, in wc3 it was SetUnitX/SetUnitY that PauseUnit does not mess up, since the unit is moved by triggers, and not by orders.

But I guess it's SS that the OP thought about, even though it's somewhat technically incorrect.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@ Shadow Flux, Excellent !! Thats the right answer.
@Happy Tauren, Well I tried this in the DotA 2 winter theme update last year and it worked out well. Thats why I posted the question. However there may be updates after that which dont allow this. Try it yourself to get the answer. :)

:as:

Level 11
3. There are 4 heroes in the game that can travel through Chronosphere:
- Storm Spirit with Ball Lightning
- Morphling with Waveform
- Rubick if he casted the Chronosphere himself
- And Void of course.

3. There are 4 heroes in the game that can travel through Chronosphere:
- Storm Spirit with Ball Lightning
- Morphling with Waveform
- Rubick if he casted the Chronosphere himself
- And Void of course.

1) This depends on what you mean as "hero traveling". Waveform is just animation, Morphling actually pretty much disappears, then blinks between those points, everything in between is just graphics. This is why he's completely invulnerable during waveform, and why things spells like glimpse bug with it very badly.

2) Ball of Lightning actually _IS_ Storm Spirit. As in, that's where the unit is the whole time, he can use his spells and has full control of his hero while in it, unlike morphling, which actually pauses himself in the waveform (so you do not even need a chrono to pause him in this scenario).

3) Rubick gets Void's innate ability to move through chronosphere freely (and get bonus movement speed) if he steals a chrono. Logic dictates this should not be possible, but balance suggests that'd be just broken. Also, even if Rubick did not cast the chrono himself, he's able to move freely through it IN CASE he's snatched it from void before, since the mechanic states that he gets void's innate ability along with the chrono, BUT he will not have bonus movement speed in it! Likewise if you play voide 1vs1 and the other void casts chrono on you, you can still move in it, but only he will have bonus movement speed (I did this with 3 friends today, void 2vs2 mid, it was so friggin' funny).

But basically, when it comes to Rubick, you can have a Void throw a chrono, Rubick steal it, and then he can freely move through it. This is very useful as it can let you get in range for your disable in case void goes away from you, giving you the ability to save your team from Void with telekinesis (or, if you are wise, Eul's).

Like Morphling, Ember does not actually TRAVEL THROUGH with his ult - he disappears from the map, and then reappears at another point again, meaning that in code, the hero's not actually there, it's just animation.

One more hero that can "travel" through chrono would be Juggernaut. Although his movement is beside his control when he ults, he can actually enter the chrono, hit void and other enemies a few times, and then exit by acquiring another target that's outside of the chrono. This is because he's invulnerable and completely magic immune when in Chrono, and yes, the unit is actually there the whole time, instead of "blinking" around like Morphling and Ember, Jugg's main unit will actually jump around in chrono and then exit (aka, his hero, the unit, will be in chrono, and have the chance of leaving it completely unaffected.

Another hero that can do this is Tusk, and.... wait for it... EVERYONE ELSE! Tusk's snowball can travel through chronosphere, and since anybody can be in it, that technically means that any hero can travel through it. And travel as in - unit travel, not a pseudo travel like with Morph or Ember. But seeing as Morph and Ember can also be a part of the snowball, they can still do it.

This is how things worked back when I tested, and I am not sure if they still do, so if anybody feels like verifying this and correcting me, sure, go on.

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@ Happy Tauren, i tried. DotA 2 doesn't let juggernaut move in the chrono but DotA 1 does. however in DotA 1 Jugger gets paused once the omnilslash ends.

Another hero that can do this is Tusk, and.... wait for it... EVERYONE ELSE! Tusk's snowball can travel through chronosphere, and since anybody can be in it, that technically means that any hero can travel through it. And travel as in - unit travel, not a pseudo travel like with Morph or Ember. But seeing as Morph and Ember can also be a part of the snowball, they can still do it.

AMAZING !!!! :as: WOW !!!

@ Happy Tauren, i tried. DotA 2 doesn't let juggernaut move in the chrono but DotA 1 does. however in DotA 1 Jugger gets paused once the omnilslash ends.

This used to work, but it seems to be patched then, that's why I said that many of things I've said in this post should be tested again so you can see if it complies with the latest update. There are videos on youtube (from 2012/3/4) showing how Dota 2 allows Juggernaut to move through the chrono, but it seems not to be case anymore if you've tested it more recently.

AMAZING !!!! :as: WOW !!!

Also pretty sure it still works, but test it.

Level 10
On the seeing through trees can just as well be Keeper of the Light with aghs.

As goes for the chronosphere, it'd have to be storm with ult, morphling waveform just cutting the edge, stole rubick chrono or possibly any hero inside a tusk snowball. Other than that I'd say puck, but that'd be a long shot seeing how you wouldnt technically be in the chrono at any time if you're just using illusory orb to pass it.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Haha i miss the Dota que game where you have to put items together for a quiz

that dota 2 puzzle for beginners ? oh yea !

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

hmmm if we are talking about a chronosphere, rubick can move on his own chronosphere.

Now if we talk about Void's chronosphere, IDK of any hero.

Its storm :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

how the. You can't even cast inside the chronosphere. your question is ambiguous

You can cast outside the chronosphere and move to the other side, THROUGH the chronosphere. Even tho its just an "instantly move function" but all players are not wc3 modders so its moving in/through the chrono. and Morphling can do that too. :D

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

that should work. fountain can't attack heroes under smoke of deceit(unless they are revealed)

yeah. thats something I recently learned :3

Status
Not open for further replies.