• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can Dota 2 be played offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This probably should be asked at Dota 2 forum or anywhere else but here.
Can Dota 2 be played offline? If it can then is there any difference whether you're playing it online or offline? Or Is it just like Warcraft 3? I haven't got Dota 2 yet, still downloading it.

Thanks in advance.

Level 10
well you just can play together with 4 bots againt 5 bots, this should be also possible if you're not connected to the internet, but an issue could be that it is not possible to acctually start dota2 if you're ins steam-offline-mode, or at least it can not connect to the dota2-network. But I don't know if this affects local games (LAN and 1-player+9bots)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
EDIT: Didn't read the previous comments first. I gotta say though, DOTA 2's bots are a lot smarter their ancestors. (Pretty much from dumb to less dumb)
The AI may be dumb but its the only thing that makes them humanly killable. Even in WC3 the AI was a huge pain and often beat some skilled players purely because of its relentless micro. It only needs to visit the shop for <1 second to buy items when real humans spend ages trying to make sense of all the nonsense gibberish called tooltips.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Omg you mean person!! That's it I'm removing my every other comment from this thread cuz you clearly don't care if I say sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.