• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which looks better?

Which looks better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Which looks better? What do you think?

106244d1316199925-looks-better-diablos.jpg

Attachments

• Diablos.jpg
    Diablos.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 675

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Diablo 3 easilly.

Lets look at Diablo II.
A woman with no trousers, big mellons and a long pointy stick...
A guy who is so cheap he is dressed in bones and can not substain a large army without expensive gear and better servers...
A guy who wields a big axe and is totally usless for anything other than buffing groups or ending up 6 feet under...
A cheap lap-dancer that seems to be lost and so relies on her ability to skip actual combat and use cheap tactics to win...
An african man dressed in armor of shiny riggedness and rains the imba furry of poor design on all his foes...

Yeh, boring stuff.

As for Diablo III.
A person who would not stand out as a villian of the most scary horror movies.
Someone who has just stained the floor with his last critics.
Look! Its Vayne Solidor from FFXII! (for some stupid reason the female wizzard is shown despite a male variation existing).
A guy with a beard like that! Can we lose!?
And a person whos playstyle mimics Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank (Where the hell is the demon hunter in those pictures!?).

So umm... Yeh... No contest...

Your stupid image is doing no justice to Diablo III. You feature the female Wizzard next to male characters (you need 2 images for male and female). Most importently you forgot to actually display a whole damn class... Remember that there are 5 classes in D3 not 4.
Witchdoctor
Barbarian
Wizzard
Monk
Demonhunter
Count them... 5!!!

Level 19
I wouldn't mind both, actually.
But the Diablo III one looks quite cool, although I do believe Blizzard would somehow be able to expand its awesomeness even further in the future.

Level 34
I like the campfire setting better. The background for D3 selection is lame and ugly imo.

Level 14
I chose D2 because:

1. The campfire.
2. Character poses are much more better then those from D3.
3. Although less detailed, I think their simple visual design is better.
4. D2 characters manage to inspire their type better. The D3 ones just seem to show how gear looks on them later on.

@DSG you know the OP was reffering to the selection screen and not the actual gameplay mechanics found in the game.

Level 37
Well, hmm. That picture looks like really low quality.

Blizzard should make awesome character selection screen like in Diablo 2. Now they poorly just take the playable models from the game.

...Happy lion. I wonder if that's Torchlight or Diablo 3? Both are so cartoonish, this I didn't expect from Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was so cool being dark and all that.

attachment.php

attachment.php

...And Diablo 3 joke.

attachment.php

Attachments

• D31.jpg
    D31.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • D32.jpg
    D32.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 432
  • D33.jpg
    D33.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 484

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Blizzard should make awesome character selection screen like in Diablo 2. Now they poorly just take the playable models from the game.

...Happy lion. I wonder if that's Torchlight or Diablo 3? Both are so cartoonish, this I didn't expect from Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was so cool being dark and all that.
True, Blizzard could go for something more awe-inspiring than merely using the same playable models. But like I said, nothing is final yet.

As for the Happy Lion. I think it's been pointed out a few times on the official forums. Regardless, those screenshots are from the BETA and are subject to change.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The graphics in diablo III look prety awesome.
1. Where as in D2 your enemies died in rather predictable ways, in D3 they will die in every way from melting in a ball of flame to having their body parts sent flying across the room.
2. Where as the graphics in D2 were stupidly overdone to the point of being plain silly (durance of hate in hell, I doubt the whole population of earth could have that much blood) D3 seems to be much more eye pleasing and provide the looks one imagines on a quest to stop evil.
3. In D2, other players did not show their equiped gear if the gear was carrying itself. In D3 you will most lilkly get to see everyones gear in full glory and not some "nacked" hammerdin dealing stupidly high damage with max block and enigma.

The only complaint I have is with the trees. I guess they were done that was to keep requirements down though.

Level 37
At the moment I'm not happy of Diablo 3. I feel like Diablo 3 is a let down.

Dr Super Good said:
The graphics in diablo III look prety awesome.
Nooo? Just too cartoonish I don't like that at all. It's like WoW or LoL, not that old dark Diablo 1 or Diablo 2.

Dr Super Good said:
1. Where as in D2 your enemies died in rather predictable ways, in D3 they will die in every way from melting in a ball of flame to having their body parts sent flying across the room.
Hip, hip, hurray. Nothing unique here compared to games in the near future.

Dr Super Good said:
2. Where as the graphics in D2 were stupidly overdone to the point of being plain silly (durance of hate in hell, I doubt the whole population of earth could have that much blood) D3 seems to be much more eye pleasing and provide the looks one imagines on a quest to stop evil.
Let's hope so.

Dr Super Good said:
3. In D2, other players did not show their equiped gear if the gear was carrying itself. In D3 you will most lilkly get to see everyones gear in full glory and not some "nacked" hammerdin dealing stupidly high damage with max block and enigma.
Well, yea, it's an old game.

Level 19
I'm guessing that isn't official, considering it's still under development, so yeah I'm sure they'll give them a better screen:)
But it looks decent even with a low quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.