• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Videos

Level 11
I uploaded another short video that shows some impression of the architectur and the enterable houses. Can be found in the first post.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
You will be able to use the arrowkeys for movement as well as klicking the ground/your targets. To bad there is no way I know to bind the camera orientation to your mouse. So a control like in most egoshooters etc. won't work :(

Level 11
Yesterday I decided to create the arrow movment system just for fun. And I must say it turned out nicer than I thought. You can find a preview in the first post of this thread.

Greeting
Thy

Level 11
I added a new small preview. You can find it in the first post. Nothing in that video is final. So changes may and will happen(f.e. the UI etc.).

Greetings Thy

Level 25
Smooth movement, the cameras are pretty nice too, and the keyboard movement is a plus. Although, I think the character turning is a bit slow. However, I really loved the terrain. It didn't have a whole lot of creative intricacy as some RPGs have, but what I really liked was how the landscape seemed really MMORPGish; it was open, not cluttered with detail or objects, the addition of the blades of grass was a nice subtle addition as well, and the tiles blended nicely.

The WoW models might not really be the most fitting though, since you're mixing it with your own models, but so far it's looking good. Only thing though, didn't see a single NPC or mob. Was that for testing purposes or have you not focused on that yet?

Level 11
First @ all, thanks for the positive feedback. Indeed, the whole mob/NPC part is still missing. Although the mainscripts for creating/equipping NPCs etc. are complete, but not implemented. I'm a little disappaointed about the quaility of the video. Believe me, ingame it looks way more sharp and detailed.

The cliffs haven't been finished yet. They still miss details like caves and vegetation etc. They are that vertical, because the demo will take place in a nordish looking like area. Think about the fjords in Norway and you are on the right way.

The area I ran through in the video will be the starting area and yes, it's still not finished. But I think you'll got an idea what to exspect.

Plz, don't say, that there are WoW models in this mod. Cause there aren't any ripped models in it. All made by me from scratch. Some guys with a lower intelligence value would take that and flame the hell out of me for nothing. I agree they look a lot like WoW, but that was intended, cause in my opinion they fit in right well.

Greetings
Thy

Level 10
1. Terrain look's amazing, but i think u used to much of objects it may make a lag. Cape look very, very stange, try to make only half cape moves, not all.
2. About your keybord moves, i think it's only wasting of time, whit mouse walking you can turn your hero 180 degrees very easly and fast, with keybord to turn hero 180 degrees can take abaut 1~2 seconds (for walking not bad, but in fight it's uncomfortable ).

Level 11
2. About your keybord moves, i think it's only wasting of time, whit mouse walking you can turn your hero 180 degrees very easly and fast, with keybord to turn hero 180 degrees can take abaut 1~2 seconds (for walking not bad, but in fight it's uncomfortable ).

By hitting the arrow down button twice within a half second your hero will turn 180° instantly.

Level 11
Problem is, if I try to fulfl everybodies wishes, DW will never be finished. Because of that I will soon open some polls to give the community influence of the features that will be available.

Level 11
I managed to create realistic day and night lighting. This will allow me to have nice lighting effects of light sources in the night which will help to give DW a more realistic look. The time in this preview is running with 500% of the real speed. You can see the daytime in the bottom right tooltip. I use the german version of game, sorry for that :) You can find the video in the first post.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Craka is right: this is not the place for that kind of questions.

And it is way more complex than using only fog. Fog is only one part of it. The real thing is a custom made DayNightModel. In that I used hermite curves to achive a smooth increase/decrease of lighting.

Level 25
Ah so you did alter the model? Good idea. I noticed there was something different too, but wasn't totally sure. You kind of notice it a lot in the sky too how it changes from a normally lit color, to an orangish red, to dark. Nicely executed.

But it won't go from day to night within seconds will it? Will it actually say in dusk, dawn, or whatever for at least several minutes?

Level 11
480 real seconds per 24h day is the standard for wc3. A day in DW will last for 1920 seconds = 32 minutes. At least this will be the setting that goes for testing into the demo.

Level 11
I released a new preview. You can find it on my youtube channel or in the first post of this thread.

Greetings
Thy

Level 6
Tyrael, this is...this is...

Gorgeous.

I seriously cannot wait for...wait...oh my god, not again...DROOL!

Oh, and I realize that this is a demo, but I noticed in one part there is a little tiny bit of grammatical mistakes when the guy levels up.

It should be:

"Congratulations, you have gained a level!

"You received 5 attribute points"

"You received 1 talent point"

Thyrael, this is revolutionary.

Level 11
I released a new preview. You can find it on my youtube channel or in the first post of this thread.

Greetings
Thy

Level 5
This project is epic Thyrael!
The customization you've done to the normal wc3 RPGs is just amazing! I really like the realistic look of the models and the terrain in general, looks great! :thumbs_up:

Keep it up, can't wait to try this out once it is released! :grin:

PS! Do you have a date for the release of your demo-map, couldn't find any.. :p

Level 10
Nice Job Thyreal, u give life to wc3. But your models have big mines, u need work more whit animations, couse they too static. In your attack animations hands moving 80%, body 20%, legs 1~% ( i don't even see if it's moving).

Level 11
If you played games like wow, lotro or other 3rd person view rpgs you'll notice that in almost all cases the feet are very static. That's a result in having animations for being hit etc. To make the animation blend in a better/realistic way, the movement for a punch is mostly located in the upper body.

Level 11
Added a new video

As requested I created a short video showig how the Hero Creation/Customization menu looks in action. As bonus you gain a small preview of the knockback physics.

Level 11
Thanks, the options for chosing female as well is still missing, but that feature will need time... you know... because of the many haircuts needed hrhr

Level 11
Thanks :) Name of the track is "Again". Credits for the music go to YouTube for promoting and to "Secrets in Stereo" for creating it.