• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
No, not multiboard based. It is build up out of custom models that are aligned by a vector calculation to move like the actionbar with the moving camera but stay in the very same spot on screen. So it acts like a part of the standard UI but is still click interactive. And I can change the displayed textures and animations of the bars via triggers.

Level 9
No, not multiboard based. It is build up out of custom models that are aligned by a vector calculation to move like the actionbar with the moving camera but stay in the very same spot on screen. So it acts like a part of the standard UI but is still click interactive. And I can change the displayed textures and animations of the bars via triggers.

So the text is tiny images? Also, how does this work on widescreen monitors versus non'widescreen? Wouldn't the placement of the custom HUD be a bit funny then? Have you tried it yet?

Anyway, it looks great so far, all these little features makes up a good mod indeed :)

Level 11
I haven't tested in on widescreen yet, but I think that it will still look acceptable. The text are texttags that are aligned to the screen and move with the camera.

Level 14
So the text is tiny images? Also, how does this work on widescreen monitors versus non'widescreen? Wouldn't the placement of the custom HUD be a bit funny then? Have you tried it yet?

Anyway, it looks great so far, all these little features makes up a good mod indeed :)

I did not notice any problems with it widescreen, besides there is no real widescreen support for warcraft 3

Attachments

• widescreenDW.jpg
    widescreenDW.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
Level 14
But you can make any resolution available trough editing a registry or using a program.

I seriously suggest arranging the elements on either a 1280x1024 or 800x600 resolution screen/gameplay. I tried it, got the best results.

You don't need a program for that, it's just to fire up regedit and fix it quickly. In my screenshot it was set to 1680x1050

Level 11
Pls stop arguing in this thread. I don't want to become it an offtopic discussion.

I placed the UI elements on a 1280x1024 resolution screen, cause I'm thinking most player will use that dimension of resolution. On widescreen the UI is slightly streched, but still looks acceptable.

Level 11
Hi!

While creating the HUD I learned ho to make very smoothly animated progressbars. With that knowledge I updated the charinfos bars. Now they look much better than before. Further I reduced the needed number of units from 10 per bar to 1. That reduces the total amount of needed units by 171 and thats a lot, I think. Left pic is the old version, right the new one.

And I think some of you will cheer up. Cause I decided to add a casting bar to your hero. That bar will pop up, while you cast a spell or use a skill like lockpicking.

Attachments

• Image47.jpg
    Image47.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 204
  • ProgressbarFinal.jpg
    ProgressbarFinal.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 222
Level 11
Yeah, I have allready thought about that. Took only 3 minutes to fix. And I have to agree. Now it looks better and is easier to read.

Attachments

• ProgressbarFixed.jpg
    ProgressbarFixed.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 265
Level 11
I haven't expierenced any performance issues yet. The most part of operations are vector calculations to adjust the elements on screen and move them with the camera. And even if such issues appear, I'll can easily set the update intervall for the complete UI elements from 0.04 to 0.05 or even higher.

Level 11
Thanks Graka! But I have to admit, that the planned multiplayer version of DW will have less features. Cause it's still WC3 and even if I can push the limits ... at some point there is no room left. If you need help or tips for Wc3:WoW, just ask.

Level 11
A small screenshot from the upcoming demomap. The arrangement and the models themselves are still WIP, so not final. But at least it gives you an idea what you can expect.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Vercas is right. Currently I'm creating the needed base models for the closed beta. That beta will only contain one playable submap and it's maingoal is to find remaining bugs in the systems etc. After those models are finished, the real creation of the map will done relativ fast.

Level 21
"Vercas is right."
Damn, I love these words together!
:xxd:
(That was off-topic)

There's one thing that I noticed.
The programmer/author/creator/whatever of a system always uses it as it should and never as it shouldn't! That's why testers are always needed. It's also required that at least one tester is retarded/creative/smart so he can test the system as it shouldn't be used. (Like casting an unit killing spell on an item...)

Well, can't wait for the beta! :grin:
I'll suck the bugs out of your systems! :mwahaha:

Level 11
Well, can't wait for the beta! :grin:
I'll suck the bugs out of your systems! :mwahaha:

And I love THOSE words! As soon as enough stuff has been finished to build up a playable beta version I will open up a thread where you can sign in. So stay tuned, I'll need a lot of beta testers :)

Level 11
I take that as a compliment. I'm far, faaaaaar away from being good in moddeling etc. Or at least being good enough to be hired by a company etc. I work on this project during my studies. Maybe... at one day in the coming future, this expierence will help me in some way... maybe :)

Level 21
I wanna become a programmer. I like computer games so much (especially RPGs) so I want to program games.
I'll take Thyrael as my co-coder and modeller and Goldendemon to terrain! :smile:
(Good team!)

(I'm asking here because this project sames a lot with...)
When's Arcania: Gothic 4 going to be released? :eek:
(THEY RENAMED IT AGAIN!)
And more important, when is this going to be released?

Just one question: are you freaking mentally ill? Siriously why the hack do you not gona work for yourself? why do you spend your time on a project when you could earn money with making stuff like this :p

Not anybody is interested in making profit.
For example, I've been programming for my school for two years and didn't make a cent/penny/whatever out of it.

Last edited:
Level 19
You do have a point there.
Oh, and to everyone making the map, I hope it turns out well!
I've seen this hosted a couple of times recently and the gameplay was pretty neat:)
Keep up with the good work!

PS: Here's a +Rep for your efforts:)

Level 11
Hi folks,

I'm currently really busy with my exams. But I still found some time to work on the needed models. Here is an impression of the citywall you'll find in the demo. Like I said many times before, the terrain is not complete. I only wanted to show the models.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Yeah, WC3 wasn't made for such huge models. Even if you disable the mipmapping option while creating a model, the texture won't look such good when you are far away. But ingame they look absolute ok, cause the gameview is much closer. With bumpmaps it would be totally awesome hrhr

Level 11
lol... I know, that bumpmaps won't work in wc3... And the textures ARE detailed with the features you pointed to. They just can't be seen from that distance the screenshot is taken from, even with disabled mipmapping.

This view comes closer to the ingame view you can exspect in the demo. And for me it looks ok, cause it fits to the rest of the textures. They are not to pro and not to bad.

Level 11
Right now, due to the fact, that the textures are uncompressed and the models unoptimized in size by magos, the total sum of imports is 16.950 KB which will turn out like 12mb in mapsize. After the textures have been compressed it would be ~6mb. After models have been optimized it would be ~4 mb. But size doesn't matter cause even the demo will come along as campaign together with the character creation screen. I think the demo will be in the 15 - 20 mb range, but not completly sure about that.

Level 17
I personally like the textures, but does not really fit for this map i guess?
The textures makes me think of games like The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
Did that games even have something named shading? at least i cant remember it.
And the textures sure were flat in that game, huh? And details were just fine, even tough it wasnt much of it.

So, it is nothing wrong with the textures. I think it looks just awesome.