• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #12 ~ Combo ~ The Poll

Which is the best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

title.jpg
12.jpg

combo.jpg

The Poll
combo-title.jpg

Username[TD]Entry Name[TD]WIPs[TD]Final Post
[tr][td]Tank-Commander[td]Divine Envoy Spellset[td]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [td]LINK
[tr][td]Almia[td]Pain Combo Spellpack[td]idea 1 2 3 4[td]LINK
[tr][td]bowser499[td]The Dark Mage[td]1 2[td]LINK
[tr][TD]

Notes:
  • Loner-Magixxar's entry has been disqualified for not having any WIP in the contest thread. It's been said that at least one WIP post is required:
    Any submission must follow a Work In Progress (WiP), before it is published and labelled as the final piece.
    If you have complains regarding to this action, please send a PM to me.
  • We are still waiting for one or some people to judge this contest.
  • The poll will lasts for 30 days.

:fp:Contest Thread

Attachments

• ZC #12 - Entries V2.zip
    503.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Jesus fucking Christ. I go on a three day break and people start acting out like they ate a fist of fly agaric and replaced their skin with sheer fabric. Get a fucking grip, damn it!

Thread closed temporarily so I can sort this out when I get back.

Oh yeah, also heads will roll. I am not even kidding.

Kisses.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Okay. Shit flushed and archived. Some neg rep may still be thrown out in the coming days after I take a good time reading through it all. But overall it's a dead deal, and I don't feel like beating a dead horse. If I put all split posts on a cleverly designed pair of scales weighing stupidity and overreaction on equal footing I think it would come out pretty much even anyways. Also, stop posting fucking popcorn posts whenever there's drama. It's not clever, it's not witty, it's been done a fucking thousand times and it floods the thread like a wildfire. I DO NOT APPRECIATE GOING THROUGH THAT SHIT WHEN PASSING JUDGEMENT UPON OTHERS.

peece owt and prosper.

Carry on.

Level 4
If choosing between Tank and bowser, Tank has good eyecandy on his spells, but his coding is quite complicated to understand, lots of configurables is good but many function calls aren't very good solution (most of them can be defined by global variables which will be better). Bowser has average effect minimalistic style of spell decoration, but his mechanics and code seem to be understood better.

most of them can be defined by global variables which will be better
Making them udg_ variables (appearing in the vairable editor) would be worse and using a globals block isn't an option when using pure JASS - I'm using constant functions because they're literally the best option pure JASS has for the job (Though I'm aware they make the code get pretty large, hence why I wrote my readme as I did)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Good luck to all contestants.

Jesus fucking Christ. I go on a three day break and people start acting out like they ate a fist of fly agaric and replaced their skin with sheer fabric. Get a fucking grip, damn it!

Thread closed temporarily so I can sort this out when I get back.

Oh yeah, also heads will roll. I am not even kidding.

Kisses.
o_O

Level 11
After testing all of the 3 spells pack, its time for me to vote

Tank Commander have nice spell effects, the combo of those spells are nice as well, just the code give me an headache when i viewing it...

Bowser499 spell is much simpler, coding is clean enough and spells are all combo together without separating combo like Tank Commander's one.

Almia spell only contains passive spells (Its unfinished?), and your are using soul as the idea of spell (Bowser499 copy you?:O) and i don't know how to comment your spell...

Overall for me bowser499 suit more to the combo theme, if it is separate combo theme i will vote for Tank Commander XD

DD_legionTN said:
Almia spell only contains passive spells (Its unfinished?), and your are using soul as the idea of spell (Bowser499 copy you?:O) and i don't know how to comment your spell...
Yeah Almia's is finished - there was no qualifier that you couldn't do an all-passive combo set, also yeah both of them have a pretty similar basis but I imagine that's more to do with coincidence than intention
DD_legionTN said:
(...) combo theme, if it is separate combo theme (...)
Those are both the same thing in this contest theme - There was also no qualifier that you had to make everything combo with everything (though I don't really see the destinction you're making, given that all my abilities do combo with every other ability, particularly the ultimate which is the big combo) i.e. there would never be a "seperate combo theme" given that it is already included in the "combo theme" you could easily make the opposite critique that mine lacks dependancies on other abilities to function (and thus picking the wrong ability won't make a level 1 hero useless)

Status
Not open for further replies.