• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Traditional Draw Contest (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's get down to business.

First of all, you lack proper reward info. Refer to older Concept Art contests for approximate reward sizes.

Second, adding "Reviewers" who are basically judges but can also vote on the poll only makes things messed up. Stick to the regular format judging+poll.

Third, refer to this when constructing the post.

Level 15
Okaayy... Updated. Hope its right...
The reward is kinda big, is that correct?

just realize that people here are participating other contest, maybe i will wait for the other contest are finished :)

Last edited:
Level 25
I could join this as well, if I find the time for it. Though we should wait with launching this one until me and Morb's current contest is done, I think a lot of artists here are focused on that one at the moment. And we'd like this one to have a lot of entries as well.

I really don't like the part about the background though. At least you should not get punished for it. Or clear the contest theme up. Change it to like "draw a Hive model in a fitting environment" or whatever. If we are supposed to draw a model, and that is the theme, we shouldn't be punished for not drawing a proper background.

Level 22
From my point of view, we have to value creativity somehow, just drawing an existing model means zero creativity. But it doesn't have to be a background, for example if you draw a combat scene (the "model" fighting other characters) you would not need a background... but if you draw him posing in the sunset, you obviously need one.

Here is the initial wording i proposed:
Theme:
Draw a scene featuring a model from the Hive. Any model can be chosen (unit, building, attachment...) but it must be a central element of your drawing. Minor modifications can be done as long as you recognise the model (adding details, fit your drawing style, etc).

Level 25
From my point of view, we have to value creativity somehow, just drawing an existing model means zero creativity. But it doesn't have to be a background, for example if you draw a combat scene (the "model" fighting other characters) you would not need a background... but if you draw him posing in the sunset, you obviously need one.

Here is the initial wording i proposed:

You can still get some really cool art by just drawing the model, and I think some people might be scared at the thought of backgrounds. But we will get more interesting submissions with your suggestion as a theme, no doubt. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.