• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #16 Ultimate Theme Showdown!

Who's knockin' who over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Alright!

Thank you, thank you.
- Yes it's me.

So, since the former poll was set to unlimited time and we didn't feel like
we came to any sort of agreement or conclusion, I'll be hosting this new
poll. Including only the top rated themes from the former poll.

I'll give you all 14 days to decide.

Elemental - depict a scene with an element as a prime theme, e.g. earth, fire, water, air, etc.
Cathedrals/Castles - depict a scene with its primary theme being a cathedral/castle in any shape or form.
Historic Events - depict and recreate something cool from history e.g. battle of waterloo or one of those Napoleonic paintings.
The Human Mind - depicts how you think the human mind "works" in a graphic representation.

And if we don't get an overwhelming winner, I'll host the next contest with
a theme of my own choosing. So, don't worry...
(Be happy!)

I voted on Historic Events (Paintings, History), the others were dull. The only one that is still a good is Human's Mind, both of these were the best choices. I am sick and tired in seeing castles or Cathedrals in terraining- very unoriginal for a terraining contest where you have unlimited imagination. Elemental - probably the most easiest to terrain, very unoriginal +boring too. ~My Opinion

Level 7
I am sick and tired in seeing castles or Cathedrals in terraining- very unoriginal for a terraining contest where you have unlimited imagination.
Sick and "Tired"??? Hmm. I haven't seen much. Unoriginal for terraining contest, limited imagination, that maybe true depending upon the artist. Who knows, someone may have a very original idea for it.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It seems that castles and cathedrals are leading again :)

Level 7
Looks like castles are at the top, too bad I wont participate in this contest if it wins.
Sounds like u wouldn't have participated anyways, too much negative energy is not good. I felt that the first time i read yr posts. It'll hamper u and not the random strangers u chat on the net.

Sounds like u wouldn't have participated anyways, too much negative energy is not good. I felt that the first time i read yr posts. It'll hamper u and not the random strangers u chat on the net.

Negative energy? lol. Beware, text font Unicode began channeling a bad energy, please put on your safety goggles. *Sarcasm

Level 36
I voted on Historic Events (Paintings, History), the others were dull. The only one that is still a good is Human's Mind, both of these were the best choices. I am sick and tired in seeing castles or Cathedrals in terraining- very unoriginal for a terraining contest where you have unlimited imagination. Elemental - probably the most easiest to terrain, very unoriginal +boring too. ~My Opinion

Out of the given themes, Castle/Cathedral is likely the most open theme.

The only limitation is your imagination!

No, but really, the only limitation is that the terrain needs to be
centred around/include a castle or cathedral, save for that, you
can make whatever you want. That's not limited creativity, it's
creatively challenging. Since the theme is so very open, it's easy
to do a generic terrain, the point here is to think up something
not generic.

Obviously, I wanted "Happy" but very few others wanted it, so
out of these I voted Castle/Cathedral because I'm a sucker for
constructions.

Level 36
Well.

Considering the culmination of Elemental and The Human Mind is nearly close to tie-ing
Castle/Cathedral I think I'm at complete liberty to say "we have no clear winner"... :)

On a serious note, I'll address getting this contest hosted when I've come around to
judge edge's entry for the mini-contest and when I have time for it.

PS: This will likely all go faster if one of you make a contest submission that I can
simply approve and move over to the contest part. (gloats at fladder)

Status
Not open for further replies.