• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #27 - Theme Discussion

Which theme would you like to participate in the most? Please read the descriptions!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
I think he means physical size. ^^
I don't know. I think it's up to you how big you want to make it. The only thing you have to remember is that someone should be able to put it in his map at around 0.85-1.3 scaling value and it should look like a proper boss. I guess town hall-size would be good, but you can go bigger than that as well if you want. It depends on what you make, I guess.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Last I talked to Deolrin, he had something up with his browser. He apologized; I think he's getting it ready, though.

I see no reason to start this before the holidays, people will be too busy to participate then. Keep it until january.
? If anything now is the ideal time. Holidays are when people do have time (I'm considering campaigning for a Contest or two to start right about now, myself); January is when school/college/university starts up again. :<

Level 51
Last I talked to Deolrin, he had something up with his browser. He apologized; I think he's getting it ready, though.

? If anything now is the ideal time. Holidays are when people do have time (I'm considering campaigning for a Contest or two to start right about now, myself); January is when school/college/university starts up again. :<

^ This.

I don't know about other countries, but january 5/6 around is the time school starts again in my region.

Well, starting 7th january i have exams in three courses, so yeah, i guess that would be a bad time aswell. Still, i thought most people would be, you know, spending time with their friends and families during christmas and new years eve rather than sitting at home stressing out about modeling contests. But maybe that's just me.

Level 48
Alright, a couple of month late, but it's finally started. My apologies for the massive wait, I hope most of the people who were interested in this are still planning to participate. To compensate for the late start, this contest will last for approximately two months. Good luck everybody! :)

uh oh i was hoping it would start sooner like 5 days.
Eh, 7 days. Close enough I suppose. :p

Alright, a couple of month late, but it's finally started. My apologies for the massive wait, I hope most of the people who were interested in this are still planning to participate. To compensate for the late start, this contest will last for approximately two months. Good luck everybody! :)

Eh, 7 days. Close enough I suppose. :p

haha perfect timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.