• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mapping Contest #1 - Theme Poll

Choose your theme(s)!

• Deadline - do quests/riddles before time runs out, bit of survival but with breaks in between. Also

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capture - Either it be a deadly fish or getting your apple back this can be the idea to capture anyt

• Traveler - the player has to travel to various locations and reach their destination on time

• Alien Invasion - Fight off your enemies during an alien invasion (doesn't have to be futuristic, can

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png

Yesssssss, I'm already working on the next contest. It's like a month and a half until Christmas, a time of peace and beauty.... so I thought it'd be a good idea making people create maps filled with mass murde- I mean, great gameplay.
Unless the last mapping contest, this won't be a "mini" one. Instead of one month, you'll have 3 months (or more, not sure yet) to complete your entry. This means that you have a lot more time and can join later if you're lacking time. Also, you have less time pressure and can make everything even better!

Nothing to worry about, though, this little poll will be open for quite a while, so that there won't be any problems with the current Mapping Contest.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Idle, Plot and Creation, anything else is uninteresting for me.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Can someone explains 'Idle' more? Isn't idle synonymous to inactive/afk but the examples are PvP?

I wouldnt care too much if I were you; most of these were essentially troll suggestions by users that had no intention of joining.

I strongly disagree.

Idle is a game usually based on clicks and DPS. If you google or go to gaming sites like armorgames.com you will find tons of these games.
They usually have one thing in common: Log in, upgrade, log out.

However, this kind of games are score-aimed, you try to battle yourself through a dungeon for example ( but without 'gameplay', just with clicking, upgrading and DPS) and gaining bonus with resetting the current game if you cannot progress anymore.

One could also alter it to a multi player score-aimed game.
I think this is indeed a serious genre, maybe unusual for Warcraft, but still a genre one should not underestimate.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I feel cursed, 'always' a theme I dislike... I would like to finally join a contest with a theme I like D:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Which one is your favorite theme?

Hm, I think Creation or Weakling, both themes I have an idea for.
Epic Warfare is just... spamming units, isn't it.

What about you, what is your favorite ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe we can, if participants are calling, discuss whether we change the theme in regards of the participants, as it was done for the last Texture Contest

Level 25
On the plus side, nobody could complain about not having enough time to complete something. But the downside is that interest in the contest would taper off after about a month, and we might be left with only a couple of final entries.

It might be good to give it a try at least, and someone could still host the weekend ones for people that want quicker contests in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.