• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #6 Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

Here is the Cinematic #6 Theme discussion. Please share your opinions on this contest. Your idea might be the future Cinematic contest Theme!

Here is what I can think of:

Story Manipulation: The Cinematic should continue another story made somewhere else i.e. Star Wars, Lord of the rings, Warcraft, etc.

No Import: The Cinematic may NOT contain any imported files, such as Voice-acting, Models, Skins, Etc.

First Person: The Cinematic Camera point of view may Follow a Character.

History: The Cinematic story may be based on a Historical event, such as the Crusade, Revolutions, etc.

Weird: The Cinematic should be a very weird thing, something very absurd.

Jurrasic: The Cinematic may be based on Dinosaurs.

Epic: The Cinematic should have the Feeling of Epicness, a huge fight, bossfight, etc.

Mystery: The Cinematic may have many secrets and be based on mysteries.

Peaceful: The Cinematic may NOT contain Violence, Fights, etc.

Suggestions from Users:

Plot Twist: (Suggested by The_Silent)

The story must contain one or more unforeseen plot twists, bonus points the more "mind fuck" it is. You know like [Spoilers]: Shutter Island, Fight Club, Twelve Monkeys, ect. ect.

Also, I look forward to unleashing some lovecraftian mindfuckery if weird is picked.

Horror: (Suggested by PublishedShadow)
Ahem, guess I'll kick some dust off this thread...For myself, I'd like for Horror to be an option above.

Would be really cool if that got approved around this time of year ya know Halloween and all ;D

Silent: (Suggested by DEE-BOO)

How about a Silent option.
No cinematic text or voices.

Alienic: (Suggested by Leo Akastenix)

Add alienic(planets and stuff)

Music Video: (Suggested by Myself)

New Idea!

Watched Over the Hills and Far away and Cinematic Nightwish and I thought it will be a good idea to have this too:

Music Video:

The Cinematicer may create a cinematic using a Music in the Background (Must be someone singing, Blizzard Music POWER OF THE HORDE allowed), and resemble the Music. If the following music already has a Music Video, you may NOT create something similar, else there will be a Subtraction in the Idea part.

Last edited:
Level 17
What about "plot twist", the story must contain one or more unforeseen plot twists, bonus points the more "mind fuck" it is. You know like [Spoilers]: Shutter Island, Fight Club, Twelve Monkeys, ect. ect.

Also, I look forward to unleashing some lovecraftian mindfuckery if weird is picked.

Good idea actually, might be similar to Weird but Weird is too general.

~Main Post Updated.

Level 19
I liked this contest so I will write what I think of the current suggestions and maybe add mine too.

"Story Manipulation: The Cinematic should continue another story made somewhere else i.e. Star Wars, Lord of the rings, Warcraft, etc. "

This can be quite interesting. Someone can find or create different surprises for the original story. An unexpected plot twist, death etc..

"No Import: The Cinematic may NOT contain any imported files, such as Voice-acting, Models, Skins, Etc."

No import would be a bad idea imo since some themes would require some models that are not present in WC3, not even in a close form.

"First Person: The Cinematic Camera point of view may Follow a Character."

This could be interesting as well, seeing what the protoganist sees and lives. And this may help us do some jump and roll movements just by tweaking the camera angles.

"History: The Cinematic story may be based on a Historical event, such as the Crusade, Revolutions, etc."

This would be nice but what I fear is, there are people in the hive from all over the world and some stories may be somewhat controversial to some.

"Weird: The Cinematic should be a very weird thing, something very absurd."

Okay.. dont know what to say

"Jurrasic: The Cinematic may be based on Dinosaurs."

Idk about this one as well, bcz im not a big fan of jurassic. But nice actions would come out of it, theres no arguing about that.

"Epic: The Cinematic should have the Feeling of Epicness, a huge fight, bossfight, etc."

Storyline may have some epic moments but im not sure about epic bossfights with WC3 engine. Some pro cinematic creators might prove me wrong but right now I'm sticking with my thoughts.

"Mystery: The Cinematic may have many secrets and be based on mysteries."

Mystery should be included in most cases. But a whole storyline wrapped around a mystery would be good to watch.

"Peaceful: The Cinematic may NOT contain Violence, Fights, etc."
This would be like your everyday tv series :p But I can think of some peaceful scenarios.

"The story must contain one or more unforeseen plot twists, bonus points the more "mind fuck" it is. You know like [Spoilers]: Shutter Island, Fight Club, Twelve Monkeys, ect. ect."

I like this as I've told but it can be included in any scenario. Rather than being the whole theme this can be a technique. Forced plot twist may be a bad one.

"Ahem, guess I'll kick some dust off this thread...For myself, I'd like for Horror to be an option above."

This would be nice imo too. But the problem is u cant make a horror movie from the cute graphics of WC3. But again some may prove me wrong :D

"How about a Silent option.
No cinematic text or voices."

This would be interesting as well bringing well implemented stories. Any action would be crucially important in a theme like this.

"Add alienic(planets and stuff)"

Why not? This would be a whole different level from the others, with the need of so many different new models. And terrains.

I don't have a theme in my head right now, maybe I will never have it in the future as well.

These are just my thoughts nobody asked for my opinion but hey this is a democracy so deal with it
:ogre_datass:

Edit: Seems like the quote color i chose is hard to read but they are on the top as well, i hope it wont be a problem for you guys

Level 17
Thanks for the reply.
Couldve been better if u suggested sth though :|

No import would be a bad idea imo since some themes would require some models that are not present in WC3, not even in a close form.

The point is that you should create the story based on WC3 else ull have problems. Many create the story then use fitting models. In this, u r limited. Its cool ima.

Level 17
New Idea!

Watched Over the Hills and Cinematic Nightwish and I thought it will be a good idea to have this too:

Music Video:

The Cinematicer may create a cinematic using a Music in the Background (Must be someone singing, Blizzard Music POWER OF THE HORDE allowed), and resemble the Music. If the following music already has a Music Video, you may NOT create something similar, else there will be a Subtraction in the Idea part.

Status
Not open for further replies.