• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 - Fiery Demonic/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Texturing Competition #8

Contest Theme: Fiery Demonic/Fire

Each contestant must create a Demonic/Fire texture, this can be a molten dragon, a scary demon or a Fire Mage. The texture must fit the themes of either Fiery Demonic or simply Fire. Dark Undead demons not acceptable.
Contest Rules And Conditions

1. Model must be existing in Warcraft 3 already.
  2. No model edits are allowed.
  3. To qualify, you must post your finished skin's .blp file as well as an ingame shot
    • Rule 3a. This finished skin must be submitted before the deadline
  4. You must make an original texture for this competition
    • No using skins started/made before the start of the contest
  5. Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.
  6. Skin must be atleast 75% Freehand
  7. Along with the 75% freehand, the skin must ALSO follow the skin submission rules
Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Prizes, Winnings, Booty & Bounty

• First Place: A custom award icon as well as 40 rep
  • Second Place: 25 rep. points
  • Third Place: 10 rep. points
Contest Dates And Deadline

Each skin must be complete and submited before the deadline expires. All submissions willl be looked at carefully to make sure all of it is original work.

The contest shall begin on June 27 2008 and conclude on
July 17 2008 12:00 AM, (GMT).​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 45
I'm doing dreadlord. Will post wips in due time.

EDIT: I seize the first WIP of the Thread.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.png
    Untitled-1 copy.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 562
Level 14
Alright I'll join in.

Nice work Dionesiist its looking good so far but the wings aren't in the same shading as the rest of the skin so they do look good but they do have kind of a weird feeling to them.

Good so far Combat, Very cool skin to convert for this theme I'll look forward to how it turns out. No comments so far though since I see your still fixing some of the things you've added I'll comment on it later.

Last edited:
You were right, no way I could fit enough details into that skin. So I gave up. Thought up a much cooler idea, though I will not reveal it yet. Here is VERY basic WIP. Super quick shading and NO details whatsoever. Just part of the basic armor layout. Don't want to give away the idea yet :p

Attachments

• WIP1.JPG
    WIP1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 278
  • WIP2.JPG
    WIP2.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 326
  • UNWRAPWIP.jpg
    UNWRAPWIP.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 280
Level 9
You were right, no way I could fit enough details into that skin. So I gave up. Thought up a much cooler idea, though I will not reveal it yet. Here is VERY basic WIP. Super quick shading and NO details whatsoever. Just part of the basic armor layout. Don't want to give away the idea yet :p

omg! it's a Squid in Pajama's! :grin: lol jk good start.
i might enter this

Thats pretty good, wombat!

So far I like Ezikielth's Texture the best. But most of the others are still very early WIP's so it is hard to tell. Also, it's just my opinion.

Anyways, here's my first WIP. I call it a Legion Nature Enforce, though it may be changed in the future. "When the Burning Legion first attacked the Night Elf's homeland the Legion used their twisted shadowy magics to churn and morph the Druid's of Ashenvale. In the process they successfully created these disgusting beasts."

I plan to do more to the face in the future, but I am leaving it at this for now. I am considering adding thorns and ferns coiling around his face. Mostly around the edges of his hair. Also, I will be fixing the hair on the side of his head.

Last edited:
Level 7
very cool skins :thumbs_up: I will enter tomorrow with a fire mage/wizard skin and I will post the WIP , good luck to all

Level 18
I got alot of work done. Few screens ingame, and stuff. I hope you guys like it. My skinning texhniques are probably very poor...

Sansui, that is creepy, it looks like a Silent Hill Burn Victim...
All the skins so far look great, I wish I was as good as some of the other contestants!

Attachments

• asdfas.jpeg
    asdfas.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 212
  • WE.jpeg
    WE.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Ingame.jpeg
    Ingame.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 192
  • KotoBeast.jpeg
    KotoBeast.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 216
Good job all.. but maybe i wont have the time to finish my skin.. cause im leaving for the vacation..:ugly: anyway.. will work on it this afternoon and tomorow .. and maybe i will have anof time to finish :confused:

keep up the good work..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.