• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #5 - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Hive Workshop

halloween-mask.jpg

Texturing Competition #5

Contest Theme: Halloween

Each contestant must create a Halloween themed skin. Be it a vampire, the Frankenstein monster, etc.

Contest Rules And Conditions

1. Model must be existing in Warcraft 3 already.

2. No model edits are allowed

3. To qualify, you must post your finished skin's .blp file as well as an ingame shot

• Rule 3a. This finished skin must be submitted before the deadline

4. You must make an original texture for this competition
    • No using skins started/made before the start of the contest

5. Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.

6. Skin must be atleast 75% Freehand

7. Along with the 75% freehand, the skin must ALSO follow the skin submission rules

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).

• 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Prizes, Winnings, Booty & Bounty

• First Place: A custom award icon as well as 40 rep
  • Second Place: 25 rep. points
  • Third Place: 10 rep. points

Contest Dates And Deadline

Each skin must be complete and submited one week after the contest begins. Any earlier before that, the skin will be looked at greatly to make sure all of it is original work.

The contest shall begin on October 23 2007 and conclude on

November 21 2007 12:00 AM, (GMT).​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
AWSOME!!! A themed contest again and a cool one at that. I might not be able to enter though :( too much stupid work. But ideas are starting to come. I always wanted to make a zombie into frankenstein. OR! Just had another idea. Vampire Kael.

Edit: Pumpkin Panda Head!

Last edited:
Level 8
What are you talking about? I never blurred it. I sharpened it to make the contrast better. Its the wrap the unwrap looks fine.

EDIT - Ah i sharpend it even more it looks good now, ill post the update when i get his human arm done.

EDIT - Arm is in very early wip so im not showing wrapped yet
http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/6/10/24/f_werewolfm_aed1673.jpg

Last edited:
Level 11
Heh, I'm giving a go at this, since I found a rather simple thing to make. It's going to be the stereotypical evil clown. I was gonna do a giant pumpkin monster using the Goblin Shredder but I don't have the mpq on this computer and I cant find the model or skin on it anywheres either.

Attachments

• clown1.jpg
    clown1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 222
Level 8
Last edited:
Level 12
Fire I think the werewolf part of it is really sweet, but I do not know if havin it a mid-transformation thing is a such a good idea... I know if you made it like a werewolf with its Human clothes still on, it would be sweet, but having one arm human, and its head and the other arm werwolf is just kinda strange. I dont want to say I am joining this because I am not good at following through but I want to see Mannoroth go trick-or-treating dressed up as a mutant frog. That would be the best. Or maybe the acolyte into a ghost? No... too easy, it would be a major white out... idk.

Level 8
Fire I think the werewolf part of it is really sweet, but I do not know if havin it a mid-transformation thing is a such a good idea... I know if you made it like a werewolf with its Human clothes still on, it would be sweet, but having one arm human, and its head and the other arm werwolf is just kinda strange. I dont want to say I am joining this because I am not good at following through but I want to see Mannoroth go trick-or-treating dressed up as a mutant frog. That would be the best. Or maybe the acolyte into a ghost? No... too easy, it would be a major white out... idk.

My reason for making it half human is because of body structure. SO i have to add something human about it so its not a fat werewolf.

Level 12
Alright I was just looking at the shaman and I am not understanding what part of it would be fat. Shamans are orcs and they have the same build as humans pretty much, so why would it be fat? The clothes you could tattery rags, but yeah your decision, and either way I want to see this done.

Level 12
I'll try to make a descent skin for this contest but we'll see if it gets good

Edit: OK, here is my Skeleton Costume but it still needs much work...

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102607_163226_01 (kopia).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102607_163226_01 (kopia).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.