• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 - Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The Hive Workshop

texturing04.jpg

Texturing Competition #4

Contest Theme: Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Each contestant must create a skin for Whitehorn's Chaos Warrior model. The model and skin are attached to this post.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • Rule 1: No skin may violate any site rules.

• Rule 2: Your texture must be atleast 75% freehand, this will be determined by a judge (myself).

• Rule 3: You must post atleast one WIP preview of your entry before the deadline expires.

• Rule 4: You must post your entry as a .blp and an ingame shot before the deadline expires. All files must be physically attached to a post in this thread.

• Rule 5: You may not edit the model in any way, this includes the unwrap and adding of particles.

• Rule 6: The dimensions of your final entry have to be no larger than 256x256.

• Rule 7: You must make the texture for this competition, no old textures can be used.

• When the contest is complete I shall validate each submitted entry.
  • The final entries will be rated to determine the winner(s) according to a template of my design. This will account for 50% of the score.
  • The other 50% will be accounted for by a public poll.

Prizes
  • First Place: 75 Reputation, Award Icon
  • Second Place: 25 Reputation
  • Third Place: 10 Reputation

Deadline
Each entry must be completed and submitted properly following all the rules before the deadline or it will not be accepted.
The contest shall begin on August 5th, 2007 and conclude on September 1st, 2007.

1 September 2007 5:00 PM, GMT-5

You can also download the model here.

Attachments

• Warrior.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Chaos Warrior.MDX
    100.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Level 8
not to offend... but I think you could have come up with a lot better theme than skinning a custom model.

try like basing it off a popular hero model, like Priestess of the Moon, Naga Sea Witch, Paladin. These 3 models are almost impossible to find a good skin for them on either Wc3Campaigns.net or TheHiveWorkshop.com

Apart from that I think I will joining also... I will be going for a complete Slaanesh conversion (using pinks, golds and bronzes) to create a nice sexy Slaanesh Warrior

ok i'm in i started woring before i made this poast
so here are my wipping wips
I give you {hero} cartoon man's wips:grin:

Honestly, I think you should get gimp. Stuff like MS Paint is really hard to work with and doesn't give you great results. If you have an Adobe Photoshop lying around on your comp, I suggest you read some tutorials and start skinning.

Level 15
i have it on a laptop somewhere but its old
i am going to get GIMP sometime

~added to DeskKaldaa todo list
See it nowhere

also i have jassic paint shop pro

but here is CART00|\| |\/| An
(or cartoon man for people who cant read the name when i typed it the first time)
ya tested with war3 screeney
its is done and i am including my targa file
(if you use it give me cred [if you ever do] )

Attachments

• Warrior.BLP
    91.5 KB · Views: 150
  • WC3ScrnShot_081207_193632_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_081207_193632_02.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 603
  • Warrior.TGA
    256 KB · Views: 142
Level 19
I agree, that skin is not very good. Use some tutorial/tutorial linked tools to fix that up, hopefully it'll look better then.

I added chainmail to the knees, and plan to do that for some other parts of the body including the gloves. I'm also experimenting with the "icon" crystal effect, which, I think if executed correctly will lead to some pretty amazing results.
W I P:

Attachments

• Screenie.jpg
    Screenie.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Level 15
ok i'm going to try for the 3 time
now i have GIMP it might look better

Update: Ok this is my 3 try wips anad all
this is Lord Illumnanti Master of Light
i added more alpha and applyed a color map i made using GIMP Script-Fu
i'm not that good at art so i'm aming for 3rd place
so i hope i get that place or better

do you think that is a realsitc goal

UPdate 2: ok i mande 2 more skins and they are form the same wip and have the 1 ingame shot
Astro Lord Fights Wobbley Man Form Demnetion 10.9
i'll get to adding the wip and skins lader

Attachments

• ScreenEyshot.jpg
    ScreenEyshot.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 252
  • wippingmk2.jpg
    wippingmk2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Warrior.BLP
    115 KB · Views: 122
  • ScreenSHotWobbbleAstro.jpg
    ScreenSHotWobbbleAstro.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Level 10
you dont get it
do you
i create a script to handel each file with a new filter
then i run a program i made called LAPRIS
withc fixes all of the mistackes i made so dont like my work
fine

But it still looks bad... Making a skin doesnt mean just painting over it randomly and making shapes. You have to know what your actually making. You have to add proper shading, make it look like what it supposed to be.

You just look like you doodeled (I cant spell that right ><) on it for 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.