[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Town Hall > The Arena > Contest Archive

Contest Archive All successfully completed contests are archived in this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Moderator fladdermasken
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)
Terraining Contest #13: Shi'luan Hydro-powered Institute of Technology - A testimone to the prime of the shi'li culture. My ability to title my terrains is soooooooo nonexistent. (Terraining Contest thirteenth edition) Terraining Contest #11 - Winner: Battlefields 
Contest Terraining Contest #14: Racial Settlements

Racial Settlements
Participants are to capture a race from the Warcraft lore's special style of construction and portray how it interacts with their habitat/natural enviroment.

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited and be "approved" by the contest host.
  • Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. The host must clear any additional imports.
  • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain (however you may use them to crop).

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

• Belgarath
  • the mighty fladdermasken
CreativityMeasurement of displayed creativity in terms of execution and/or concept (theme)./15
DetailMeasurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder./15
TechniqueMeasurement of executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity./15
AestheticOverall quality of the terrain in terms of appearance./20
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • The contest shall begin on 18th February 2012 and conclude on 25th March 2012, GMT

Last edited by fladdermasken; 03-23-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: assigned the mighty fladdermasken as a judge
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)fladdermasken has a brilliant future (1516)
Terraining Contest #13: Shi'luan Hydro-powered Institute of Technology - A testimone to the prime of the shi'li culture. My ability to title my terrains is soooooooo nonexistent. (Terraining Contest thirteenth edition) Terraining Contest #11 - Winner: Battlefields 
Feel free to rephrase the description, change/rephrase the criterias and replace the contest image.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
Stormscreamer

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
I changed the image, as I find it more fitting to the "interaction" with the environment.
When do you want it approved?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

Much love <3

I guess whenver M0rbid gives his okay.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
Stormscreamer

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (3166)
Merit Badge: Level 1: Community's Excellence: Reflects ideal social skills and a bonding power that would bring peace even among the Horde and the Alliance. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
Ok, let me know when you want it moved. ;]
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User M0rbid
Defender of Sith

M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)M0rbid has a brilliant future (1634)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Texturing Contest #21 - Winner: Faceless One: Combining the elements of the default Faceless One appearance, with the one from World of Warcraft, this skin was publicly embraced and rightfully given the first place. A skin by M0rbid. Texturing Contest #20: Nobleman of Westermar — It's a texture for Tarrasque's Retributor; in the twentieth edition of The Hive Workshop's Texturing Contest, held at the Arena, users had to reskin a user-made model. 
Get it on. Thanks for taking my job, fladdermasken. (interpret that however you want, fool :P)
Also I might join or judge. One of the two.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Vista sucks
Interested

Vista sucks has a spectacular aura about (145)Vista sucks has a spectacular aura about (145)Vista sucks has a spectacular aura about (145)Vista sucks has a spectacular aura about (145)
Oh I'm so in...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for taking my job, fladdermasken. (interpret that however you want, fool :P)
Oh that's okay, it was completely legitimate since you're dead and I was listed as sole benificiary to everything not listed in the very thin »matters of no concern to fladdermasken« margin. Good news is, YOU'RE NOW OFFICIALLY A GOOD MAN AND AN ORGAN DONOR.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User 2-P
User

2-P is a jewel in the rough (150)
Going to do the home of the Voidwalkers. First WIP, feedback plz.
Attached Thumbnails
terraincontestentryrealserious.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Azurot
User

Azurot is just really nice (296)Azurot is just really nice (296)Azurot is just really nice (296)Azurot is just really nice (296)Azurot is just really nice (296)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-P View Post
Most amazing thing I've ever seen. I love your work with the lighting.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User 2-P
User

2-P is a jewel in the rough (150)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurot View Post
Most amazing thing I've ever seen. I love your work with the lighting.
Thanks. :)
Not happy with the forground yet, draws a bit too much attention away from the voidwalker family that is having a picnic.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

The scaling is just fiercely rightheous.

EDIT: Deadline set.

Last edited by fladdermasken; 02-18-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User A.R.
User

A.R. is just really nice (300)A.R. is just really nice (300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-P View Post
PP = Kazimir Malevich?

For all you non-arty types
Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Global Moderator Keiji
Quillful Writer

Terrain Moderator

Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)Keiji has much of which to be proud (1173)
Ahhh, finally :)

I'll see if I can't think of a dish to cook up.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
G̵͟͞l̛͟i̡̛͞͡͏t

Community Moderator

Layer work and lighting. I don't even know which race I'm going with yet.
Attached Thumbnails
wip1.png