[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Town Hall > The Arena > Contest Archive

Contest Archive All successfully completed contests are archived in this forum.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #286 (permalink)
Registered User GhostThruster
See you starside

GhostThruster has disabled reputation
@boomwolf: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/a...ml#post2128025

But I guess people are posting new posts instead of editing their final submissions.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #287 (permalink)
Registered User Ender
The pest controller

Ender is on a distinguished road (83)Ender is on a distinguished road (83)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
Is it just me missing something, or did the contest end over a week ago and shitloads of submissions are disqualified for being posted too late?
its just you

I believe in destructive criticism
1:d4 c6 2:e4 d5 3: Nd2 Nf6 4:e5
Old 04-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #288 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
It's pixel WarCraft!

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
The contest has ended. From now on, further submissions or edited submissions will be disqualified. The poll will be opened soon. Free time to give feedback to each other ;]
Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #289 (permalink)
Registered User Wazzz
♥ Mag is my boo ♥

Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)
i hope this isn't pastebin or external

so when can we expect a results page? and how will the public polls be done this time?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #290 (permalink)
Registered User Astaroth Zion
Alloy Advocate

Astaroth Zion is on a distinguished road (86)Astaroth Zion is on a distinguished road (86)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
one word for your race Astaroth Zion, awesome!

In depth opinion: i like the main castle, i was disappointed when none of the other buildings had walls,
i don't like how workers can be trained to militia, it gets really annoying.
the race can be OP, especially when resources begin running low, build a lot of peasants and then train them to become swordsmen, you can go over the food limit and they only cost 65 gold.
I´m glad that you liked my work. I will be returning the favor ASAP and making a good review of your race.

Over the peasants issue, just around 40% of the peasants trained are upgraded into militia the rest are upgraded into a better tier of peasants (the elf ones)
In the 2.0 version of my race I added a system that exponentially reduced the chance to train a peasant that will turn into a militia, at most you would get train 11 of them over 40 peasant trained, then the change of getting a peasant that can be upgraded into a militia is 1% or less. HOPE that this new triggers can help reduce the over power upgrade line.

What do you think about the small building system? I didn`t have time to set the small building locations for every mayor building, so they just pop out in semi random places around the main building.(just maintaining the same distance from the center of the main building and a set angle between them)
I originally planed to add a wall system to all buildings that makes them untargetable by melee units until they destroyed the door or a section of the wall. (Walls and doors will be reappearing over time just like houses and small towers.)

If someone else is willing to tell me her/his opinion about my systems they are most than welcome.

Pieces ready: White and Metal Helmet(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3), White and Metal Armour(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3), White and Metal Pauldrons(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3),
White Shield(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3,), Metal Shield(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3,), Metal Gauntlets(Tier1,Tier2,Tier3)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #291 (permalink)
Registered User Mr.Pockets00000
User

Mr.Pockets00000 has little to show at this moment (9)
Interesting... but the no WIPs thing for a contest is kindof a bummer.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #292 (permalink)
Registered User Ender
The pest controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pockets00000 View Post
Interesting... but the no WIPs thing for a contest is kindof a bummer.
i don't know what you are talking about, all entries have wips....

Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #293 (permalink)
Registered User Wazzz
♥ Mag is my boo ♥

Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)Wazzz is a name known to all (711)
it's the rule that you're not allowed to submit wips as your final entry

Old 04-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #294 (permalink)
Registered User Ender
The pest controller

no the rule is you have to have one wip that isn't your final entry : )

@Mr.Pockets00000 if you search long enough you will find them in the thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #295 (permalink)
Registered User GhostThruster
See you starside

GhostThruster has disabled reputation
Wazzz Ender is technically right. Since we can't really determine what is and what isn't a WIP (eg. someone may submit a map which everyone thinks is a WIP, but maybe the dude is just really bad at making maps), the rule is just that the map must be playable and bug free to an extent.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #296 (permalink)
Registered User DSanhueza
Le Reggae <3

DSanhueza has a spectacular aura about (140)DSanhueza has a spectacular aura about (140)DSanhueza has a spectacular aura about (140)DSanhueza has a spectacular aura about (140)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated to The Hive. 
So we already reached the deadline, I was wondering if yall are done with the contest or u gonna extend it? cuz if u do then i might aswell join.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #297 (permalink)
Registered User Wazzz
♥ Mag is my boo ♥

i'm saying that's the rule he's referring to

Old 04-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #298 (permalink)
Registered User Ender
The pest controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzz View Post
i'm saying that's the rule he's referring to
sorry, i didn't understand your phrasing

I don't mean to sound like the whining impatient person that I am... but when is the poll going to be set up? the judges chosen and their verdict given?

Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #299 (permalink)
Registered User Wraithling
I died when Aeris cried

Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)Wraithling is a glorious beacon of light (445)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated to The Hive. Weekend Mapping Madness #2:  Techtree Contest #4 - Winner: Air Humans Techtree Contest #3 - Winner: Ghost Army 
@DSanhueza: I believe it has just ended ;) Feel free to give a critical feedback of the submissions in the meantime if you wish during the polling period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh_ View Post
The contest has ended.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #300 (permalink)
Registered User Pharaoh_
It's pixel WarCraft!

Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)Pharaoh_ has been here far too long (2938)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2011 Short Story Contest #6 - Winner: When Death Reflects Life Voice Acting Contest #2 - Winner: Dark Angel 
No, Ender, first comes the poll then the judges' reviews. Plase, be patient :p