• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #6 - Living Nightmare[Deceased]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done enough with importing and setting models as objects in the object editor, so I have started terraining properly :).
The terrain will be 128x128 and this is the only part of the terrain that has been fully done (enough?) to show. There will also be a house, but this is the outside(part).

Attachments

• watsa.jpg
    watsa.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 114
So it seams that this ended, with less than 5 submissions I guess.

Can I request extended deadline, make it 15.02.2012.

As you all know last few weeks we all celebrated all kind of holidays and now these days exams start on large number of universities. So one month should be fine, also I would like to request (I will bother admin) to make nice notice about this.

Thanks.

I guess that basicaly we all where behind.
Although I basically finished off the base of the terrain I am still quiet behind with it being in sync with any game play really. Also I have basically missed 16 days overall to work on my part.
Also I haven't kept any good contact with Zanar either.
A 1 month extention should be enough for our map to be finished, as I could also help with triggering.

edit:There doesn't even appear to be any submissions anyway.:/

Level 21
Oh it's nice to see so many users join :)

hahaha

anyway i'd be happy to terrain someone's stuff, gaping abysses and scary stuff in mind. I'm also working on the campaign contest but I can handle terraining on both ends easily enough. I can also do triggers such as moving units from point to point. And exploding them. but that's about it apart from terrain-related stuff.
I do have some pretty good ideas in mind for terrain, my imagination for puzzles/stuff isn't really quite as good but I can work very well off templates given to me (for traps, puzzles, etc., integrating it into the environment and that kinda stuff)

hit me up if interested, XOXO
(and if the extension is given that is. also, I'm out of town for the next 3 days. I'll also be mainly inactive roughly after the suggested new deadline as uni is starting)

Small progress:

We are really busy so we can't finish this right now :sad:
But small demo version with few cinematics and few quests related to system presentation and basic learning what to do should be ready.

As soon as I finish terrain I will start working on cinematics and try to help Maker as much as I can as coder and Object Designer.

We will see how will people react after demo and maybe even decide to work on this later when contest ends.

Level 30
So Tickles mysteriously disappeared, I got breast cancer, -Kobas- is dead working on SotP, bowser499 is trapped with his own project and this contest is pretty much dead.

This reaches the point of oppening a site discussion thread about the Arena. Half of approved contests are going down :frown:

There are certain contest types that may be disregarded, just like the failure we have been noticing in almost every Cinematic Contest. Only a few dedicated members submit stuff, but they also drop out from time to time.

I have been really lenient to extensions, but the contests are full of wholes eventually. Might toughen things up, just like the old times and whoever wants to work, they will. Otherwise, the contest will die and I'll be marking it as archived. Of course, the case is people leaving Hive, but there are still a few contests that are proved to be successful, such as the modelling one, the terraining, etc.

Level 18
I would have liked to participate in this contest. It's too bad it's over. Probably for the better anyways since I have exams this week. I wouldn't mind making a map with someone though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.