• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekly Chalenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
New drawing chalenge every week, every Tuesday, theme given by random participant. Everyone can give their opinion for the next theme.

( Oct 14 - Oct 21 ) #3 Natural Scene

( Oct 7 - Oct 14 ) #2 Fish Humanoid

(Sept/30)) #1 Character Design: Angel/Demon Soldier
Hemske, Idaero Ace, GreeN!X

Last edited:
Level 25
I haven't seen this thread. But I think this is a great idea. I don't believe however that it is motivating to choose a "winner" each week. But just keep it like a weekly fun thing. I could join this, if it is enough with just a sketch, I won't have time for full time illustrations.

Let's have you decide the first theme, so this week's theme is Angel/demon soldier, next tuesday someone else can just choose a random theme as well.

I'll join you this week, and hopefully some other people might join and we can make this a thing, what do you think?

Level 15
Yeah i think its good. a quick sketch is enough.
and you know what? that theme should be for a week ago, maybe i should add the date. maybe that theme will be for this week.

Level 25
Oh crap. Somehow I got in my head that there was supposed to be an angel or a demon only, not a soldier.

Blargh, back to the sketchpad.

Anyway, this is what I was working on, might as well post it.

Demongirl.jpg

Level 25
Nice guys.
Idaero, do you build up your characters with basic shapes first or head straight into the fleshing out/clothing? I feel like your character is in different perspective from itself. The side closest to us looks a lot like she is turned towards us, but the further shoulder looks like it is in almost sideview. But apart from that, looking good. Her hand-wraps/gloves are pretty awesome.
Greenix, nice! I've never seen your stuff before, I look forward to see more. You got very clean sketches.

Guys I'd throw in next weeks theme. Let's say fish humanoids! Sounds good?

Level 15
LOL, I'm a noob :)
Let me remember... I guess I didn't make the basic shapes. But I just learned to use some proper basic shapes yesterday, so next time it will be better. Thanks for telling me
And GreeN!X said that he will be not able to join us this time. Hope there is new participant.

Level 25
LOL, I'm a noob :)
Let me remember... I guess I didn't make the basic shapes. But I just learned to use some proper basic shapes yesterday, so next time it will be better. Thanks for telling me
And GreeN!X said that he will be not able to join us this time. Hope there is new participant.

Well just keep practicing. I know myself how much it changes just by drawing a box for the ribcage and the hips. My stuff look like utter crap if I don't do that first. Some day you'll be able to skip that, but in the beginning I think it really is important.

Oh too bad, let's hope so.

Level 15
I think I can't upload it today :(
I tried to draw mermaid yesterday and I believe I forgot how to draw after I finished my exams, so I started to draw some basics again.
Maybe I will set the deadline to 11PM GMT.
That monk doesn't look like a shark, looks like a monk with funny hair style, lol. Maybe it should be more sharky. And the koi, I only have saw white-orange koi, so first one I saw it, it looks like a seal, lol. I love the costume.

IMG_7459.JPGIMG_7460.JPGIMG_7461.JPGIMG_7462.JPGIMG_7463.JPG
First image is the main, second is Arlong from One Piece, third is my failed draw, fourth is Sangheili, it doesnt look like a fish and it is not a fish. But first time i saw it, i thought its a fish, so just say its a fish. And the fourth is a mermaid chibi

About next theme, how about a Disney character? or maybe mage/wizard/witch? I guess its to broad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.