• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEW Moose Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Guess who's back? (;

iBhEORe.png

This is the picture I used to get the general idea of the moose face anatomy
latest

EDIT:
DLZ924R.png

EDIT2:
hfs90OD.png

EDIT3: Final Version (hopefully)

EDIT4: Most DEFINITELY the Final Version

Last edited:
Level 37
Just bumping the thread with new updates!

I'm going to be redrawing the "mane" of the moose. It looks too much like a snake. I also tried going for the red look to make it more aggressive, but it lost its "moose-y" feel, so I decided to go with the traditional colors. Also went for the baige background to make the colors pop.

Here are the past updates! I had to just take a picture of the folder because I work on ginormous resolutions.

DLZ924R.png

Roland

R

Roland

Can you make some vectoring with the Render you made? Adobe illustrator is the best way to vectorize or to Rasterize your icon making it clear and smooth.. Well, Nice art man, I see that ralle's fierce as hell.

Level 37
Can you make some vectoring with the Render you made? Adobe illustrator is the best way to vectorize or to Rasterize your icon making it clear and smooth..

It's not an icon :) its an Avatar. It may look blurry because it's only a screenshot of the folder it is in.

Well, Nice art man, I see that ralle's fierce as hell.
Ralle is fierce?! That's not Ralle!

Level 37
Did a few changes! Redrew the body, added the monocle and hat, and made the antlers smaller so that the hat doesn't look awkward! I also did some few color changes.

hfs90OD.png

Do you guys think the neck/body of the moose is too small?

That looks gorgeous.

P.S. sabertooth moose-lion!

Thank you :3 I didn't expect a lot of people on Hive to be Avatar fans!

Level 37
And he is finished! As you can see, I work in enormous resolutions xD

Added some shades, changed the hair lines on its neck/body, and adjusted the fade :)

Too bad ass man.

Thank you! :D

EDIT: Woops. I'm not sure how that happened... xP I'll also have to recolor the eyes and teeth to be white.

Capture.PNG

EDIT2: Fixed xD

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

And he is finished! As you can see, I work in enormous resolutions xD

Added some shades, changed the hair lines on its neck/body, and adjusted the fade :)

Thank you! :D

EDIT: Woops. I'm not sure how that happened... xP I'll also have to recolor the eyes and teeth to be white.

EDIT2: Fixed xD

Woah, someone is angry!
Well done, his borders are a bit un-sharp, due to re-size, maybe ?

Great progress to see!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Are you taking about the actual avatar I have, or did the link have some aliasing?

There is no more progress! It's done xD

Ah, about the link :)

I meant the general progress of your skills :D

So, what moose is next ? xD

Level 37

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ohh so the photo had no anti-alaising? D:

Next "project" won't be a moose xD I'm deciding between working on a tutorial that I want to draw visuals for or the Open/Close Gate icon.

Nope, seems as if it had not :/
But your avatar picture looks fine

Ah, I am excited for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.