• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'd name it moose. but. ergh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Uhmm.. shadows come later :D first let me make the body correctly, then I'll think about them.

Here's an update though - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/ove4kc/Vampire3.jpg the wings are problematic atm - the hand should go behind them but that ruins the whole image and if they don't go behind them it just looks unrealistic. And if the wings are stretched more to the left and right it's ugly. So I guess I'll have to make a new type of wings :p But these ones gave some.. some kind of Power into the image. Kinda.

More like Dragon and Dreadlord wings than just bat ones. They are fat :cgrin: wuwz

Level 28
Vampire Update

Ok so, some progress has been made :cgrin: Uhm.. I can't choose what armor/cloth to go for though.

Here's a gif of some cloths, which do you think is more fitting? Or do you have another idea in mind? (I'll make more version of course, I just can't think of any atm) Share your thoughts please :D

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/jq82s4/Vamp.jpg (it's a gif. Just wait 2 sec for a switch)

and here's a large version of the drawing atm: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/jq82s4/Vampire.jpg

PS: Kimberly, I'm still thinking of what background to go for. First of: Inner or Outer? I mean, will he be in a cathedral (and a window behind him, lightening him) or somewhere above a graveyard? Or just the moon and the skies? Or maybe moon, skies and cathedral far from the scene or close to it? I don't know >.< I'll have to test them all, see what I CAN make and choose the best from it.. but if you guys could help with some ideas about background it would be nice :cgrin:

Update1:
I think I'll stick to this version, but detail still awaits: (the lights won't look like that, they are just to make it look cooler atm :p) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/aplrm8/VampireInCat.jpg

(Cathedral image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Metz_cathedral_windows-1.JPG)

Last edited:
Level 28
Actually, I'm not trying to reach perfection :D But maybe be a bit closer to Pro.

1382297_10151991430688685_2039563399_n.jpg

Other than that, thanks Cake :)

Level 25
Wow man, you're improving at such speed. From your first icon at hive until now there's just so much improvement that you make my mind blow. Really. It's so nice ro see! Im falling behind even though I had a headstart haha! The last artpieces are absolutely great! It gives me further motivation to improve myself, keep up the great work my friend! Looking forward to see more from you!

Level 28
Thanks Hemske :cgrin: Hmm, but I've never felt my arts satisfying. 1-2 days after I make them I can see all the problems with the picture and uhm.. that demotivates me a lot :/ Sometimes I just don't draw for weeks! And I really should.

Anyways, Hemske, I'd like to see you draw more stuff soon ^^ And also, finish that Lil' Contest we had (not that I did hehe xD).

Level 25
That's the way it is. The more you look at your own stuff the more faults you find. But faults can be fixed and that is what's called growing! Just try to keep your motivation. As you said, we got a contest to finish as i get back! :) and im back pretty soon so sharpen those pencils!

Level 28
Hehe xD if I used any wuwz ^^

Well, I'll be waiting for that lil' contest then. You wanna change the theme btw, the old one is kinda... old.

AND. Since I don't want a mod to view our "btw conversation" as useless spam, I'll post my newest painting here and tell you guys that the first post has been re-updated as I always do when I post a new painting -.-' Ehm.. Well, that's it with the boring talk, here it is:

209078-albums6010-picture76739.png

(I want to thank pred1980 for giving me the task to draw this painting :p If it wasn't for him, I guess I would still be lazying around, not doin' anything)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I've been wondering how good-looking/sense-making it would be (for, say, a Jungle Troll race :p) to have big ziggurat-y pyramid-type buildings next to 'degenerate' wooden/leafy huts... Or perhaps combined, like on top of each other? I dunno if it makes sense (or looks good), but your picture does a good job of getting close to that (jungle-y stuff next to big layered stone...).

Status
Not open for further replies.