• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghost765's Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
still gotta add engravings and more detail into the armor and fix up some other stuff.
lady_knight_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5a6ip4.jpg

lady_knight_wip_2_by_l3monjuic3-d5aaigy.jpg

lady_knight_wip_3_by_l3monjuic3-d5aelsk.jpg

color_test_by_l3monjuic3-d5ah4ua.jpg

lady_knight_wip_4_by_l3monjuic3-d5bmqx4.jpg

A veteran general from the same faction
xYKbp.jpg

trying digi painting. its meh.
merc_by_l3monjuic3-d5ixumv.jpg

alternate version of the merc
spec_ops_by_l3monjuic3-d5jnavy.jpg

my favorite hero from dota 2. pencil and paper, and then photoshop for some lame coloring.
juggernaut_by_l3monjuic3-d5lt9ly.jpg

another of my favorites. cant beat raw burst damage. barely any photoshop touchups.
lina_inverse_by_l3monjuic3-d5lvmvm.jpg

daemonhunter
grey_knight_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5nnaiu.jpg

grey_knight_wip_2_by_l3monjuic3-d5o7dpu.jpg

favorite female character from gundam 00
feldt_grace_by_l3monjuic3-d5pp7e2.jpg

poop
ghosts_by_l3monjuic3-d5prnjo.jpg

planeswalker_by_l3monjuic3-d5qanke.jpg

doodles_7_by_l3monjuic3-d5qlvet.jpg

afdw9.jpg

house_leo_footman_by_l3monjuic3-d5rcej9.jpg

house_leo_concept_by_l3monjuic3-d5rfaf6.jpg

centurion_and_champ_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5rjzns.jpg

yjgscID.jpg

centurion___house_leo_by_l3monjuic3-d5t3nlw.jpg

lady_of_the_house_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5tnsdo.jpg

lady_of_the_house_wip_2_by_l3monjuic3-d5tsfan.jpg

lady_valeria___house_leo_by_l3monjuic3-d5u8lsl.jpg

champions_by_l3monjuic3-d5zet2o.jpg

legendary_lion_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5zrs9h.jpg

not_impressed_by_l3monjuic3-d64mhdx.jpg

mikasa_ackerman_by_l3monjuic3-d6581lu.jpg

you can look at some of my other stuff here: http://l3monjuic3.deviantart.com/

Last edited:
Level 4
I really like it. I specially like seeing its development; although, as you said, it is missing some details. Also, did you use any special proportion for the body (i.e 8 heads)?

Level 22
mmm interesting. im usually a lot cleaner on traditional mediums and much messier on digital medium.

minor update:

grey_knight_wip_by_l3monjuic3-d5nnaiu.jpg

grey knights are perhaps my favorite chapter in wh40k, theyre just so damn badass. hopefully ill finish this one day and make it heroic and cool and stuffs *cough* never.

Level 5
Wow! the first one is awesomest! I like how you show and extensive progression of the character's development.

It helped me. I usually start with too much detail and the drawing ends up like crap and I get frustated with it. I see that, in the first one, it's just a bunch of lines drawn, while I ussually skip that phase altogether.

Keep up! I want to see more from you!!

Level 22
thanks guys!

@DZerpic

yeah, you definitely need to start out with a rough sketch of the entire figure, and go into detail slowly. focusing on one section too much will give you tunnel vision and obscure what it looks like in perspective with the rest of the character.

same thing with coloring. no matter what technique you use you should still carefully layer on value and shadows slowly and over the entire piece, instead of focusing on the helmet and then neglecting the rest of the body.

Level 22
yjgscID.jpg

whooo. flavor text:
House Leo boasts one of the most well trained and well equipped infantry in the whole Empire. Their footmen are armored in platemail, and serve as the steel backbone of the House . Armed with sword and tower shield, Leo Footmen fight in tight wall formations, allowing them to push lesser enemies back through sheer mass. As with all of House Leo, footmen are exceedingly proud and show great prowess and disciplined ferocity in battle.

Leo Footmen are professional soldiers, paid by the House. Their armor is courtesy of House Leo, and bear little decoration one would see on officers and nobles. However, footmen do bear the Aegis Ruber, the small shield on their left shoulder. This often shows the footman's company and any major campaigns he has participated in. Footmen also have a small ornament on the top of their breastplate that displays their name. On each shield is emblazoned "Ad victoriam et decus", 'To victory and honor'.

Last edited:
Level 5
I just showed a friend your drawings. He was all like "Holy crap!". He just asked, how much time do you need to spend drawing to do it like that?

Level 22
im pretty slow actually, i tend to do things on the side as i draw. I drew the most recent one over the course of 2 days, for maybe 6-7 hours total. If i only counted the time i drew drawing instead of wasting time while drawing, probably 4 hours total.

Level 22
centurion___house_leo_by_l3monjuic3-d5t3nlw.jpg

The Centurions of House Leo serve as medium ranked front-line officers, and actively participate in combat. Centurions are drawn from both military academies as well as from veterans and distinguished footmen. They are expected to lead by example on the battle front, leading the charge and rallying those under their command. Centurion ranks are of varying degree, junior Centurions command fewer men than Veteran Centurions. Juniors move forward in the military ladder by showing exceptional tactical sense or bravery in combat.

Centurions are easily distinguished on the frontlines, wearing large cloaks with a fur collar, as well as having an imposing plume on their head. Centurion armor is similar to footmen armor, but include a gold trimming and more heavily armored vambraces. They also feature more decorative features, such as an aiguillette and various medals adorning the belt. Some Veteran Centurions wear older variants of armor that are quite rare. The armaments of a Centurion include the standard sword and shield, but a spear is available if they prefer it over the sword. Etched on to their shield is "Semper Avanti", 'Always in the front' or 'Ever forward', referring to their dual duties as warrior and officer.

Level 5
:goblin_jawdrop: Can you sign me an autograph?? lol

They're great! do you plan on using them for a mod or other project?

Status
Not open for further replies.