• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First WIP of my Dragon i did using pencil.

226575-albums8411-picture101301.jpg

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

very cool styderzero

i hope you able to finish it :)

Level 49
as for me. When you draw something with pencil, first of all focus on the shape and anatomy, that means - make some rough spine line, try to show the pose expression, make it look dynamic and strong. The hardest part here is the skull, cuz you may accuratly show how the jaw will be shown in the current angle.

The second part - add some meat. And that not mean just make your spine line fat. That mean - make an occurate anatomy with the perspective distortion, that means - the farther will be smaller, the hither will be bigger. There will be contrast distortion, that means the farther will be less contrast and lower detailed, the hither will be more contrasted and detalised.

The third part - make lighting and shadows. This will work fine if you made your shape correctly. So, choose some angle, put your creature in some environment and make it look 3D.

The fourth part - add details. That means scale, teeth, lips, eyes and other design elements. Generaly you can plan em on the first step, but at the fourth step you give em final look.

Fifth step is the postproduction :D Add some final blur effects and such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.