• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows 10 and W3 map making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have windows 7 and I can get windows 10 for free
-microsoft ofcourse say it is perfect system, but I do not belive them

My main concern is:
Will everything around word editor work without problems under windows 10? :)

I use newgen

Level 1
Hi, guys.

Sorry for reviving this, but I have a similar question. So everything should work on Windows 10, correct? But then you went on to say something about Direct3D and OpenGL mode and... what is that?

poor technological knowledge, please enlighten me. Basically, is there ANYTHING at all that I have to get, get rid of, or modify, in orders to have a good performance and good experience using map editor on Windows 10?

Level 21
Sorry for reviving this, but I have a similar question. So everything should work on Windows 10, correct? But then you went on to say something about Direct3D and OpenGL mode and... what is that?
OpenGL mode is simple.Create a shortcut for TFT,right click on it and add -opengl to the target

We used it to fix some Win 10 issues,such as the gamma setting not working

Level 1
And only those who bought Warcraft 3 can update their patch to 1.27, correct?

OpenGL mode is simple.Create a shortcut for TFT,right click on it and add -opengl to the target

Does that mean adding -opengl to the shortcut's name?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So everything should work on Windows 10, correct?
With the latest patch yes.

But then you went on to say something about Direct3D and OpenGL mode and... what is that?
History. The latest patch from 2016 fixed it by migrating to D3D9.

Basically, is there ANYTHING at all that I have to get, get rid of, or modify, in orders to have a good performance and good experience using map editor on Windows 10?
Nothing at all. It works flawlessly once updated.

We used it to fix some Win 10 issues,such as the gamma setting not working
Gamma does now work in WC3 with the latest patch.

And only those who bought Warcraft 3 can update their patch to 1.27, correct?
Yes, but then again you also need to buy WC3 to legally play it so I do not see a problem there.

Actually there is nothing stopping you patching if you do not own a licence. The patcher has no checks. Please buy it if you like it though as it is only fair for the developers.

Does that mean adding -opengl to the shortcut's name?
No, it means going to properties and modifying the shortcut command line target.

No, mine isn't bought and I can patch it without problems - just not play online due to the key.
Please buy WC3. It is not fair or legal to not buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.