• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Your Current Desktop

Level 36
Well, the last Desktops thread has been lost to the sands of time. Plus I'm too lazy to look for it. Plus it wasn't in Computer Tech.

And so it begins. This is one of several excellent wallpapers that comes with the free download of Ghost I - IV by Nine Inch Nails. I'm not using any sort of Vista themepack, this is a modified version of a partially completed Microsoft skin for XP, based from the Royale theme that comes with XP MCE. It's called Royale Noir. It makes XP look way sexier.

If any of you are wondering how to take a screen, rest assured that no software at all is needed. Just locate the print screen button on your keyboard and hit that. From there, open MSPaint go to Edit > Paste, and then your image will appear. Click File > Save As and change the type to Jpeg, and then attach it using the Attachment Manager when you reply to this thread in Advanced mode. That was easy.

desktop.JPG

Reactions: Ash
Level 14
Hmm well this is my parent's computer on the Guest account. On my own computer I have the Starcraft II wallpaper.

New Picture (18).jpg

I chose Cobra Commander because.. well.. Cobra Commander is teh shit.

Level 9
Here's mine, I've started keeping the desktop as clear as possible since the last time I cleared it out (there were about 100 icons scattered everywhere)
The shiny thing is part of a fractal Pyritie made (I like shiny things with that feel of "If I were animated, you'd have a seizure!")

Attachments

• Desktop.png
    Desktop.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,114
Level 4
Brad, that theme is made of pure winning shit. Where might I aquire such sex?

(Pardon me for not showing any captures, but I am currently victim to a greif virus which has disabled my desktop and everything around it. I'll be sure to post something as soon as I reformat.)

Level 15
Well, this should be good. My desktop's funny picture (which is also my current avatar) is covered with icons. Now it may LOOK hard to get by, but it really isn't. All my software is easily accessible on my desktop, so I don't need to look for all my files in some hidden folders or something or other.

Attachments

• Mydesktopisbiggerthanyours..jpg
    Mydesktopisbiggerthanyours..jpg
    240 KB · Views: 473
Level 15
Oh no. They are all already extracted. I just keep them there incase the files they change get messed up because of all the mods I put in my games, I.E. Oblivion and Unreal Tournament 2004/3.

Level 10
If you're gonna use Royale Noir, RESTART AFTER YOU RUN THE INSTALLER. Otherwise, when you restart your comp after you run the pack it'll Fatal Error you. You'll have to go in through safemode and such.

I'm trying again tomorrow, whether it works or not I'll have mine up =P

Level 17
Clean your desktop, damn it!

Attachments

• Holy shit this is awesome.jpg
    Holy shit this is awesome.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,059
Level 15
Holy... HOW DO YOU DO THAT? He's a witch I tell you! A witch! A witch who used his dark magics to clean his desktop down to a minimal 6 icons! LIES!

Level 3
Here's mine. Picture courtesy of google, a few years back.

Attachments

• Desktop.JPG
    Desktop.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 586
Level 17
Make a folder called "Desktop" put everything in there. If you want anything just go in there. I'd rather use that than searching through that mess.

Level 37
Huurka said:
Make a folder called "Desktop" put everything in there. If you want anything just go in there. I'd rather use that than searching through that mess.
Hmm... I did that sometime ago. Oh, btw, I have this kind of folder already: E:\Shit\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop. There is a lot of stuff but I don't want to even enter there because there's too much stuff. I can't find anything from there. :p

I)eadnerzhul said:
Good idea. Is that what you do, albeit a little more organized?
I'm not sure what you mean but the best part of my computer is that I have 175 campaign backups that takes 30 gb of my hard disk.