• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No support on <canvas> tag, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm trying to play a 8bit browser game on a site called nintendo8 but for some reason it won't work.

Here's a picture of the error I get:

28v6ip4.png

Can someone please help me?

Level 2
You know, telling us which browser you are using might help. We're not wizards.

I thought you were D: I'm using Chrome. I have updated it, I have installed the correct java version (newest one) but it still won't work. Got the same problem on both my browsers (Chrome and Torch). Even got so dire I tried IE, same result.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Make sure you install the correct version of Java. There is both a x86 and x86-64 version of java. The x86 version will work on both 32bit and 64bit os versions of Windows (you can install both at the same time). The x86-64 version can only work on 64bit versions of Windows.

It is important that you use the appropriate version of Java for your appropriate version of browser. Browsers built as x86 will not be able to use the java x86-64 version and like wise browsers built as x86-64 will not be able to use the java x86 version.

Try installing both the x86 and x86-64 versions of Java 8 and see if it helps. The x86 versions comes with more useful version tools than the x86-64 version (which lacks the auto update feature as an example) so often browsers are made to only support x86 version of Java.

Status
Not open for further replies.