• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My ASUS won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I posted this elsewhere but it didn't get a response yet. I know some of you are really tech-savvy, so I'm posting this in hopes you can help me.

This morning I accidentally spilled coffee on my keyboard, and now some of they keys are sticky and whenever I press the "A", it types both"A" and "S". Whenever I try to use it, the screen goes black as though its been on long enough for the screensaver to activate. It does this every second, and I was hardly able to do anything but press the power button to go back to what I was attempting to do. :ogre_rage: Yesterday I used my computer all day, and it gets used a lot daily so I'm wondering if that caused the problem. My ASUS computer is a desktop with Windows 7 on it (NOT a laptop). Can anyone help me?!

The only reason I was able to post this is I switched to my other desktop computer which is a lot slower (the computer is like 15 years old!)

Level 4
This thread must've slipped my mind. I didn't get emails about replies here until this morning.

About 2 hours after posting this I used the computer again to do a video demonstration of the issue, and suddenly the ASUS computer worked fine with no problems except for the "Z" key still being sticky. I was mostly stunned by this, but thanks for your help anyway! If i run into this problem again, I'll know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.