• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Link between diet and coding productivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ah right that's for general cognition.

I meant diet that specifically improves programming ability, e.g. our version of this book

opoefp.jpg

, so I'm looking for "The Programmer's Diet," basically.

Since programming isn't really something physical (rather, it is mental), you just need a healthy diet for mental health. Eat breakfast and such. Don't skip meals, etc. That is about it.

Hot pockets and soda also work. But that requires consistent intake for best performance. Remember Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park? He was fueled by soda. And his diet allowed him to debug 2 million lines of code. Can't do much better than that.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Here is something fun:
http://xkcd.com/323/

Okay. When I am coding my blood sugar needs to be stable, not too high (on soda and candy) and not too low (because I haven't eaten in a while). I need to feel good and I need to not feel hungry. I don't think a special diet would make you more or less productive. If you feel that you are procrastinating too much, perhaps you have too much energy and need to go for a run or something. You also need to WANT to be coding, otherwise you will quickly lose focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.