• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

My computer has i7-3770, has been running Bitdefender Total Security 2013 with most aggressive settings with no performance issues for a year now, but now my license is getting old.

Bitdefender is powerful, but it got its faults too, autopilot and auto update gets randomly deactivated and update now button does nothing most of the time. Also at the moment I can't even turn autopilot on.

My license gets out dated in 61 days, I need to find semi-cheap AV in that time to replace BD. 40 euro max, would love if it was 20 or less or 40 for multiple PC's.

I would recommend Avast, dunno the price comparison. However, in free it's quite good and used it for awhile now after discarded Smadav when I was struck down by a Trojan. Avast manages to kill the Trojan where Smadav failed.

Anyway, the product list :
Pro Antivirus [$34.99]
Internet Security [$39.99]

If you really wants to go with some more bucks but get the best value :
Premier [$49.99]

I recommend using Trial First, so you can decide the best one.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Does avast have license for multiple pcs with the premium thing?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Avast is actually 69,99 euros o_O Nope, no money for that. I got my BD for 3 PC's 1 year for like, 40 euros, cuz they keep making short time offers. Avast costs 89,99 euros for that many PC's.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hm, BD just gave me an offer of 29.95 € for 3 PCs / 1 year. It's open for 3 days. Dunno if it can get any better than that o_O

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Think Norton AV for 3 PCs is about the same price. Not sure bout period, you gotta check.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What about when you watch entertainment? No need for AV then?

Level 22
Same with Ghostwolf, I've never used avs (I watch JAVs though). Just be careful when downloading or executing executable files. Oh, and beware the urge to double click on stuff. Use the hosts file from mvpshosts.org for added protection. Adblockers help too.

About streamed media, never had any infections, even gono... err... nevermind that.

Level 29
What about when you watch entertainment? No need for AV then?

I am not sure what that's supposed to mean.
These days when every browser has its own mini virus checker, Windows has its own mini virus checker, your Router has its own mini virus checker, your keyboard has its own mini virus checker, your mouse has its own mini virus checker, your speakers each have their own mini virus checker, do you really need a dedicated anti virus? Only if you (or any other person touching the computer) are stupid.
Where on earth do people even find viruses these days?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I am not sure what that's supposed to mean.
If you know what I mean.

I think AVs add an extra layer of security, they're good to have, besides they don't cost that much :)

Level 15
sorry for necroposting. i think its better to necroposting than making new thread..
so, so far, people said that Avast is the best
Anyone can tell me the different between the free version and pro version?
(dont say the name is different or the price)
Is the free version worth?

Level 14
I'm using NOD32 for a few years now and I think it's the best.

Edit: At work I also use AVG, Avast and Bit Defender... and I still think NOD32 is the best.

Level 15
i have tried eset nod and I called it eshit cause it block my internet,
Bitdefender is too heavy, avg is kinda weird for me. Gueess i will stay with avast

Level 12
I recomand you to use Eset NOD32, it is very good and you have 30 free days to use it .

Where on earth do people even find viruses these days?

Years before I used to get a lot of viruses from p*** sites... But now I hardly get any, while I could say that I'm browsing them a lot more now that before... It even seems like it's more likely to get viruses from ads and pop-ups and random FB messages/posts

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Doesn't the virus programs still need admin rights to run? How can they be so deadly.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It ask me before running applications, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.