• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emulator that can run SMW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

SMW = Super Mario World?

Also support for X360 usb controller would be SUPER :p

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

wow, thanks man :)
does the save mechanic work? I mean can you load saved games even when you restart ur pc?

Level 22
Wow man, I never thought you would like retro games :) In my case, I'm the retro one nyahahahahaha

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I've never beaten that damn SMW, horrible mistake D: Now's the time to fix it!

And it's good that I'm not the only retro lover here ^^

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Thanks you both :p Once I grow tired of nesbox I'll definitely test those emulators!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

One thing I hate about nesbox is, it doesn't ask you if you want to save, but asks when you want to load. I've already accidentally saved thousands of times in a horrible place..

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

hm, okay, I will look into that now :) but I'm not saying nesbox is bad

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ehh, nesbox has changed now and I have no idea how to use zsnes or dsg's place.

Any suggestions? I wanna play SMB and SMW :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would recommend using bizhawk (yes the name is silly, so is its icon). It is a many in 1 emulator aimed largely at TAS use (so is high accuracy supporting many useful features such as easy save state and frame advance). It should be more than ample running anything from Mario64 to Sonic the Hedgehog to the original Mario (the first game).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I like that old tv buzzing :D But I guess I need to look for ROMs from the internet for it...

I tried to look for Super Mario Bros' rom, but I just got a malicious app downloader... Can you suggest any safe download places?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I tried to look for Super Mario Bros' rom, but I just got a malicious app downloader... Can you suggest any safe download places?
Piracy is illegal. There is a reason piratebay is blocked in most European and American countries with the only way of accessing it being through some proxy system such as tor. Shame on you even thinking to do such a thing.

It does not mater if the game is older than you are, it is still copyrighted material that you need a licence to legitimately play in most countries. I would strongly advise buying the game from Nintendo's marketplace thing for their "virtual console" system on modern Nintendo consoles like the Wii U or 3DS. It is not like the games are not available for purchase anymore.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

That f*cking bundled software thing installed a sh*tton of bullcrap to my PC. THIS IS GODDAMN 1000th time that soafe saavoe is on my PC :(
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\Local\Bundled software uninstaller
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\DeviceVM
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\DeviceVM
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\Roaming\DeviceVM
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\Roaming\eIntaller
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\SafeSaver
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\SetApp
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\StarApp
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Tbccint
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Tbccint
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\Local\Tbccint
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\LocalLow\Tbccint
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\torch
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\torch
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\torch
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Tractiles\AppData\Local\torch
Folder Deleted : C:\USERS\TRACTI~1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\Framed Display
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\soafe saaVoe
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Webasave
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Webasave
File Deleted : C:\Windows\System32\\drivers\{a6762132-8e80-4305-b1ba-2bec91757ac2}Gw64.sys

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No those were all from the Mario Bros rom downloader :(

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Fuck, even Romulation has failed me :( I'm f*cking sad right now...

But can they really get away with this?
The developer and/or publisher of this game has sent a legal request that we remove this game from our site.

The goal of RomUlation has always been to provide users with an opportunity to try out games in order to determine whether it is a game worth purchasing or not. We have always respected when publishers or developers felt RomUlation did more harm than good to the sales of their product and as such we have complied with this removal request..

Please note that this game is unavailable to all members, buying premium membership will not make it downloadable.

We understand that this may frustrate users who were looking for new games to test but we hope you also understand that this is both necessary and in accordance with our beliefs.
Will this prevent Nintendo from suing Romulation for distributing their games in the first place?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Finding roms is unsettlingly easy if you know what you are doing. They usually come in torrents of batches of 500-1000 binaries in release order or more with multiple such packages available at any given time. These are completely safe since they are ROM binaries so only an emulator can run them (they are the dump of the actual carts used by those platforms) and a properly written emulator is self-containing so any malicious code will be trapped inside a video game console emulator (which no one ever bothers to do outside some silly people since there is nothing malicious one can really do inside a console emulator that people cannot stop by closing the process). However as I have clearly stated, this is illegal in almost all countries as it violates both copyright and licencing laws.

I have already said too much I fear, as such I will not help you any more outside of actual issues with the emulation of roms. You are on your own for ROM procurement as that is a criminal activity.

The site rules...
The law
Any discussions about illegal activities/products is prohibited. This includes piracy and drugs.
I would strongly recommend a moderator close this topic if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.