• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disconnection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I usually never appear in this forum but this time I'm getting desperate because of a terrible problem I have so I need to consult you masters of computer tech.
As some of you know, I play exclusively on GameRanger, that cheap platform full of morons yet my only access to multiplayer gaming (BNet doesn't work). The problem is that just from a few days I disconnect instantly as we enter the game after the 5-second countdown and the loading. I thought: "It could be Warcraft only" so I gave a shot to Stronghold Crusader as well. Same result. What's up? Internet works divinely and I don't have any problems with it. I didn't even touch any option regarding it because I know I'd just cause issues.
I'm using a TP-LINK TT-8840T ADLS2 modem router connected to an access point that gives me wifi (the one I'm currently using right now to open this thread).

If you're going to tell me "Contact GameRanger's staff" then hold your horses, I already did that three days ago but received no response. I've even deleted and reinstalled Gameranger a hundred times but it didn't work.

Any idea on what to do?

Level 21
Have you tried turning it off then on again. Or perhaps moving to another country that has good network infrastructure, I heard Germany is taking from your region.

I'd already tried turning on and off.
And... move to another country? That's out of the question, I cannot just travel to another country because I have "connection problems".
As I told you before, internet is perfect, so I don't think that if Germany takes internet from us it would cause problems to me.

Level 15
I was making a joke about the Migrant crisis, taking people from your area, you're from Egypt correct?

My guess is the UDP side is having the bottom drop out of it every few minutes. Likely your ISP.

Reset both your router and modem, and try with another computer. If that doesn't work then not much you can do besides move to Germany.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As I told you before, internet is perfect, so I don't think that if Germany takes internet from us it would cause problems to me.
Clearly it is not perfect or this would not be the case...
As some of you know, I play exclusively on GameRanger, that cheap platform full of morons yet my only access to multiplayer gaming (BNet doesn't work).
BattleNet still works perfectly, I just logged in to check. Blizzard is even hiring people to assure it continues to work perfectly in the near future.

Level 29
Talk with your ISP. They sometimes like to mess with connections based on what you do.
For example, they will never mess with HTTP (aka the internet), which is why your browsing will always be ok, but they do like sometimes to mess with UDP and games, and then you need to ask them for a "gaming connection" or some other nonsense ISP lie.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try running "tracert" to the "GameRanger" servers (not through a VPN). The results tell if the ping packets can reach their server or not which might be able to detect high packet loss, firewalls or perhaps network errors. Not a solution but could help diagnose the cause.

Level 34
Because your internet works fine, I doubt it would do anything, but just to be safe I would reinstall your ethernet driver. There's also the ol'windows reinstall if nothing else works. Longshots, but you gotta cover your bases.

Hmm...,the problem can be that the host have bad internet,or that with your internet u cant get a good connection to his host.
Because your country is far away from his country ,and your connection is just not good enough to reach it.
So always watch the ping of the server(hosted game).

It can be that the game have some bugs.
So u get disconnected,btw.you know that is enough to lost the connection just for one second while the game is loading to get disconnected.

It can be because of your FPS.
So i am asking u know,what is the quality of your PC?how strong is your PC?
Just to know if your PC is the ultimate gamer PC,it can have too problems:
1.So it can be slower if a part of the PC is damaged,it working,but it is damaged.
2.Try to open your Laptop or PC,and when you open,and if u see dust in it,clean it.
670px-Clean-the-Inside-of-a-Computer-Step-7Bullet3.jpg

18iy7ri6lakdejpg.jpg

3.Care about what games u run,because if they are using to much ram memory,and your PC is not good enough for the game.The game can damage your ram cards very hard.
4.If your PC have a big amount of viruses:
They can slow down your PC very hard.So that everything that u do will need more time,and btw. they can of course destroy your PC.
So i have for that a solution:
The best scanner i ever used,you can use it for 30 days.
Here is it:HitmanPro
5.Your PC is slow,np. u can boost the speed of your PC with some booster apps.
So i am using AVG Tune up.

---------------

Other solutions why u get disconnected:
-Maybe you have delete an important file from your PC,or the game.
-Your PC is very old and slow,and for this exist just one solution:Buy a new PC ,if u don't like the PC u currently use.
For example:My PC is over 10 years old,and i have try anything to make him faster.And u know what,i realized that the only thing i can do is to keep him alive.

-------------------------------------

This is it,i hope that one of this solutions will help u.
So i'm right now not sure did i have tell u everything i know that could help you.

Level 1
Hey guys, I fixed the problem simply by configuring my router. Dunno what happened, but it's fixed! Thanks to all who answered anyway!

Hey man I'm also from Egypt and I'm suffering from the same problem for the last 2 months and I'm super desperate, what did you do to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.