• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DirectX 11 - Where do I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
So my new computer's video card supports DirectX 11 but my new installation of Windows 7 came with no DirectX at all.
I have tried many downloads of DirectX 11 on the internet (including Microsoft's download center) but they all installed DirectX 9 and 10!

So, how do I get it? >.>

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Go to run, type "dxdiag" without the quotes and then see the Direct X version listed there.

It must (I almost garuntee you) say Direct X 11. Even my DirectX 10 graphic card still uses DirectX 11.

God knows where you are reading the directX version... All Windows7 use DirectX 11 even if your graphic card does not support DirectX 10.

Level 3
Same here, in the control panel (Windows experience index > "show and print detailed performance and system information" or something like that) it says DirectX 10, while dxdiag says Directx 11. My card is an Ati Radeon HD5870 mobility with full DirectX 11 support.

@DSG: How can windows use dx11 if it's not supported? I'm pretty sure (but I may be wrong) that directx 10&11 needs hardware support. Can you use it in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.